Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: International purchasing and shipping help-Members assist each other

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thought this belonged on this thread...

I just purchased a book from a UK seller (who I know well) and he sent me a "Transferwise" transaction request. Not sure if anyone's familiar with this (or apologies if it's been discussed on these boards before)? For international transactions, this seems to be far cheaper option than PayPal in two ways: The exchange rate it used between AUD and GBP was almost exactly the actual exchange rate (not reduced after PayPal, or a bank, takes a cut) and the fees are very low variable depending on your payment method (bank transfer versus credit card). on 500 pound transaction, I saved around $60AUD compared to what I would have paid. The seller was telling me that it's 6 - 8x cheaper for him to use Transferwise than PayPal. I haven't done the maths to see whether it's cheaper than a PayPal "Friends / Family" option for international purchases, but it may well be, given its generosity on the exchange rate.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Thought this belonged on this thread...

I just purchased a book from a UK seller (who I know well) and he sent me a "Transferwise" transaction request. Not sure if anyone's familiar with this (or apologies if it's been discussed on these boards before)? For international transactions, this seems to be far cheaper option than PayPal in two ways: The exchange rate it used between AUD and GBP was almost exactly the actual exchange rate (not reduced after PayPal, or a bank, takes a cut) and the fees are very low variable depending on your payment method (bank transfer versus credit card). on 500 pound transaction, I saved around $60AUD compared to what I would have paid. The seller was telling me that it's 6 - 8x cheaper for him to use Transferwise than PayPal. I haven't done the maths to see whether it's cheaper than a PayPal "Friends / Family" option for international purchases, but it may well be, given its generosity on the exchange rate.
    It usually cost me a $2.99 US fee with I use F&F to pay Simon. I say Simon because he's the UK person I primarily deal with as far as F&F. I pay Jeff Whiley in the same way but not near as often. When purchasing from UK vendors of companies via PayPal (not F&F), I'm not charged that fee. I wonder if they eat that cost on their end.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    When purchasing from UK vendors of companies via PayPal (not F&F), I'm not charged that fee. I wonder if they eat that cost on their end.
    Yes, they do.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The savings seem to be at the exchange rate: The "actual" exchange rate for the AUD / GBP at the time was 0.546. Transferwise charged me 0.54 (actual exchange). PayPal was going to charge me 0.48 on the same transaction (criminal - 6c lower, per pound). Still, not sure if this trumps PayPal 'friends / fam' option, I'll have to look into it further, but online reviews seem to be lauding it over PayPal...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am VERY tempted to get 2 of the CLUES game with the IT licencing
    > https://amzn.to/2XSD7Sf

Could anyone please help me?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am VERY tempted to get 2 of the CLUES game with the IT licencing
    > https://amzn.to/2XSD7Sf

Could anyone please help me?
    Still need help with this, Jeremy?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes please. I'll send you a DM
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all! I just found out that Blake Crouch's new book is being released as a UK S/L from Goldsboro. Anybody want to help a sister out?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Hey all! I just found out that Blake Crouch's new book is being released as a UK S/L from Goldsboro. Anybody want to help a sister out?
    Dez. I've ordered from them directly without incident. The shipping is reasonable and the packaging is excellent.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dez. I've ordered from them directly without incident. The shipping is reasonable and the packaging is excellent.
    Huh, the author said it was UK purchase only, but I guess not since my order did indeed go through. Thanks a bunch, Brian!

Country
    Country Flag

Huh, the author said it was UK purchase only, but I guess not since my order did indeed go through. Thanks a bunch, Brian!
    Most welcome! And it has sprayed edges

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely not UK only. Order from them all the time.

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone needs anything from Japan, feel free to shoot me a message.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willybusmc View Post
    If anyone needs anything from Japan, feel free to shoot me a message.
    Sashimi...?

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sashimi...?
    Haha I doubt it would make it safe, but I'll try anything once

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Thanks for the heads up, Dez! You're the one who got me reading/collecting him in the first place.

I've ordered from them too. I just ordered this with no problem.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I need help here... who's Blake Crouch?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I need help here... who's Blake Crouch?
    He wrote the Wayward Pines trilogy, among other novels.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Thanks for the heads up, Dez! You're the one who got me reading/collecting him in the first place.

I've ordered from them too. I just ordered this with no problem.

That's cool! This one sounds interesting too. Glad to help you add to your addiction!!!

Country
    Country Flag

It appears that I have forgotten to request help getting a WH Smith purple copy of The Institute. Anyone care to help me out?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears that I have forgotten to request help getting a WH Smith purple copy of The Institute. Anyone care to help me out?
    Still Gotcha covered...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Still Gotcha covered...
    Thanks, Simon!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for someone in the U.K. that can help me with a non-King book.

Thanks
    Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Looking for someone in the U.K. that can help me with a non-King book.

Thanks
    Bump
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if they have the recent issue of the MAD magazine (with Pennywise on the cover) nearby?
    And how much would be the shipping to France?

The only copies I can find online would cost me about $40 but I would have prefered to pay less for this, if possible

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast