• DT7 - II

16 30.77%
  • Misery

4 7.69%
  • Insomnia

5 9.62%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FINAL: Best Death Award

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default FINAL: Best Death Award

As nominated by our membership in the nomination round and then the semi-final, please vote now for the event you feel should win the award for Best Death.

The Dead Zone

It

The Stand - I

The Stand - II

DT1

DT2

DT7 - I

DT7 - II

Misery

Insomnia

for the sake of readability, you can see the 2009 finalists here

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DT7 - II. No question about it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still disappointed. All of these pale in comparison to a couple others.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

DT2 for me.

Spoiler:
    After all the misery that Jack Mort caused, I was glad to see him dispatched in such a gruesome manner.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    Well, there's always next year.

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    DT2 for me.

Spoiler:
    After all the misery that Jack Mort caused, I was glad to see him dispatched in such a gruesome manner.
    Yes, most satisfying. Oh, and it just makes me so admire the way the whole novel is structured. Very neat.
    Still, DT7-II was definitely awesome. More great writing, and all the more interesting in that it doesn't tie together the book it occurs in, but instead seems part of another book altogether.
    Maybe I should go hunt up a thread in the Gilead forum...

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    Well, there's always next year.
    Doubtful. Hardly anyone's read the one I always think is/was the best. I tried last year and no one voted for it.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Running Man? I've read it several times. That scene is pretty good
    Spoiler:
    in a "stick to the man" sort of way.
    But, it really doesn't seem like best of the best to me, say sorry.

I wonder whether this world would be a better place or worse if that attitude were more popular with all of us.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

depends on how much more popular, and especially on who are "us"

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quite so. Good catch.

Country
    Country Flag

I still vote that's the best death because it was the most heroic to people overall, in the society of the book. If you just go by death scene or whatever, no, it's not the best, but to me, seeing as how it was the last line of the book/story, and how everything led up to that and that decision, then yes, best. death. ever.

edit: that's why these polls are done as "opinion" polls. I'm not knocking anyone for not voting for my submission and whatnot, just trying to get across my reasoning, I think.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

DT7II.... I hope my edit works, if not, I'm sorry I posted a spoiler!

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand pt I for me.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought Dana's death in The Stand was the best

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Explanation of my choice:

Spoiler:
    Callahan and Oy were truly great death scenes (as was Eddie), but for the most impact and meaning I chose Ralph in Insomnia. Though Callahan was a close second!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Should there be "spoiler" warnings? I played it safe
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Spoiler:
    Callahan and Oy were truly great death scenes (as was Eddie), but for the most impact and meaning I chose Ralph in Insomnia. Though Callahan was a close second!!!
    Merlin I agree and I wanted to tell you that you ROCK!! Seriously, you are one cool dude!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post

Spoiler:
    Merlin I agree and I wanted to tell you that you ROCK!! Seriously, you are one cool dude!!
    Why, Thank you!!! You're pretty darn cool too!!!!! One of these days I'll stump you in the R&R song game!!!! LOL LOL LOL

I have a fan!!!! And at my age!!! Oh My!!!! THX!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post

Spoiler:
    Why, Thank you!!! You're pretty darn cool too!!!!! One of these days I'll stump you in the R&R song game!!!! LOL LOL LOL

I have a fan!!!! And at my age!!! Oh My!!!! THX!!!!!
    you tickle my funny bone! Say true and thankya! LOL

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to be of service!!!!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler BorZGits is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Biuty

Biuty

And you so tried to do?

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    "Hi'ya Georgie!Want a balloon?"
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

Along the Path of the Beam Bad Karma will become famous soon enough Bad Karma's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Without a doubt, DT 7-II Father Callahan by FAR, BIG, BIG...if the day ever comes when I'm faced with that kind of situation, I can only hope I would do as he did. Face certain death head on, take some baddies with me...ie.. Stand, and be True

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
    Spoiler:
    Without a doubt, DT 7-II Father Callahan by FAR, BIG, BIG...if the day ever comes when I'm faced with that kind of situation, I can only hope I would do as he did. Face certain death head on, take some baddies with me...ie.. Stand, and be True
    This.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Voted Insomnia.

Spoiler:
    I just thought that ending of Ralph sacrificing himself was very bittersweet, and really sums up my feelings on life. Really, you could stop before the epilogue, and you would have your happy ending right there. Nearly everything's tied up, except for one little thing, which was the arrangement that Ralph made. You could stop reading right there, but you don't. Because life goes on after the happy ending. And then we come to the ultimate, true ending, where Ralph sacrifices himself not to save the world, and not even when he has nothing to lose, as a few years down the line, he's finally got a truly happy life again. But he does it to save one single life. Wonderful ending, and a wonderfully moving death.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My vote: The Stand 1

Why?

Spoiler:
    It was for the good.

Far more bad died than good.

It was The Stand

It was Trash's dream.

He was a fellow Hoosier.

He was a fellow pyromaniac

It was a better way of taking out Flagg (implied) than a silly, baby-talking spider.

What a way to go!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread