Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: 2010 Fund Raiser Ends 5/15/10--Party info and other fun stuff

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2010 Fund Raiser Ends 5/15/10--Party info and other fun stuff

First off, thanks to everyone who has participated in our fund raiser this year. We do really good things for Haven by raising as much as we can every year.

**We will accept donations up until 2PM EST on 5/15 for the Grand Prize Drawing**

Last year, Stephen King himself acknowledged the site and our efforts so if you are a true fan, that is about as cool as it gets.

However, this is not only the end of the fund raiser it is also TheDarkTower.com's 3rd Anniversary in operation. Everyone who is a member or administrator of this site has contributed so much to its success, I can't tell you how special the whole thing is to me.

Traditionally, the Directors get together and party like wild people for the anniversary and this year is no different. Aaron and Hannah are coming up to the house on Saturday.

We do like to include the site in our party so this year we are going to film the Grand Prize Drawing (obviously) and post that video on the site. Probably late Saturday.

We are also holding a contest for a full one (1) entry giveaway package for next year. The winner of our contest will receive an entry into every giveaway in 2011 plus the Grand Prize.

The Contest:

All day long...Aaron, Hannah, Dora and myself are going to take short videos of random stuff and post them with a question about it.

Some will be easy and some will be hard. The first person to answer the question correctly wins one point. Person with the most points at the end wins the prize.

If the winner is not already entered into this years Grand Prize giveaway, they will be in that as well.

And example of what I mean:

The video is Aaron and Hannah driving over the pass...

The question could be..."what song is playing on the radio?"

Or something like that. I sure hope everyone will try to stop by that day and participate. We are starting early and going late so everyone will have a chance no matter what the time zone. Expect to see the first videos around 7AM EST because I'm on the night shift

Thanks again everyone, it is a great week for this site and everyone who cares about it.

Matt
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Oh man! I'm going to get my flip cam and have some fun on the way over to M&D's!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I wish I were on the way to Eden's Parachute.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds cool! You guys have fun!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just hope people decide to play.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll play if I can. I'm not sure how many I can actually answer though. We'll see.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam vacant lot is on a distinguished road vacant lot's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

you come up with some of the neatest ideas, Matt. Have a blast during the party!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, one day I'm gonna' crash your party.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vacant lot View Post
    you come up with some of the neatest ideas, Matt. Have a blast during the party!!
    Yay! I'm glad you got to see some of it Maryann

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Matt, one day I'm gonna' crash your party.
    I won't over dramatize by saying that would be cool as fuck Brice.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

**End of Fund Raiser Announcements**

We had a seriously cool party as good friends do and really celebrated the 3 years we have been running this site, thanks to everyone that got involved on any level this year. I'll use a cliche and say it really does take a village.

A few things for the end here:

AsylumWitch won the donation wall contest. She gets her name in the marquee and some extra work along with a full entry package for next year.

Thanks so much for creating that image for us AW

agrabin is the WINNER of our Grand Prize. Congratulations to Alex!! Expect to see your member name in the marquee soon

Someone is going to win our video contest, I will announce that later. (I have to do a math problem )

We are still going to be receiving money because not all auctions are paid. I will post a final number for us to enjoy sometime in the next few days.

Much love to all--I'm seriously sleepy after doing the night shift again last night but I wanted to hop right up and say this was a great effort and we can all rest assured knowing that this site really helps people.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Love you, Matt, Dora, Hannah and Aaron.

I hope you're all as proud of yourselves, as we are of you!

I love this community.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pam, it is great working with you.

I am still waiting on a final auction payment so I will post the final number raised as soon as that is hashed out.