Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Blockade Billy

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think a traycase for the first edition with a special clear window to protect and store the baseball card would be cool.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I think if a case is offered from the publisher, then that should be the only case you buy. Even if it is from CD

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I would love a dual slipcase to house both editions of Blockade Billy.
    That would be cool - I'd definitely get one.

sk

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received confirmation that my order has been shipped!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I would love a dual slipcase to house both editions of Blockade Billy.
    Something like this? The card is behind plexiglass that's secured by magnets. This is just a proto-type that I'll end up keeping for myself so there will probably be a few changes to it.

It's probably not sized correctly yet but as soon as I get the Trade (and assuming it's the same size as the CD edition) I can size it to fit both. If anyone is interested & can supply the size of the UK edition, all three could be put into one case. If any of you have an interest, I'll offer a discount to DT members. Non-DT member price is $90 plus shipping.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

that looks great dolso,very neat way to hold the card too.and to hold all 3 books together would be a bonus!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i agree, that does look really cool!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it!!

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well, what do you know? I just got a shipping confirmation that means I should have the book in about a week...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got an email from amazon.co.uk stating that my UK edition (not a proof ) of Blockade Billy has shipped. (Shipping cost was more than the book!)

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just got an email from amazon.co.uk stating that my UK edition (not a proof ) of Blockade Billy has shipped. (Shipping cost was more than the book!)

John
    Mine hasn't shipped from Amazon, but I still expect to have it well before I receive the CD one. Would have been cheaper to order yours from book depository as while the book is dearer (£7.31) they do free shipping worldwide.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard of Book Depository. Do they stock both the US and UK editions? Since I've never dealt with them, I'd be afraid they'd send me a US edition.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard of Book Depository. Do they stock both the US and UK editions? Since I've never dealt with them, I'd be afraid they'd send me a US edition.

John
    They have both - and they are actually based in the UK, so you'd have less to worry about.

I haven't been terribly impressed with their packaging though.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

John
    They have both - and they are actually based in the UK, so you'd have less to worry about.

I haven't been terribly impressed with their packaging though.
    Packaging is almost identical to Amazon, ie folded bits of cardboard for hardcovers or jiffy bags for paperbacks. Where they differ from Amazon is whereas Amazon uses boxes if you order a few books, Depos won't as they all ship separate.

Good for reading copies where you don't want to be paying anything for postage, not so great if your buying something collectible.

I would recommended giving them a shot with something low value, see if it gets to you in ok shape. This company makes more cash from it's foreign customers than it's UK ones so it must be doing something right, the guy who set it up was one of the top Amazon honchos at one time so they are similar in a lot of ways.

As for UK and US edition as e-taylor said they stock both, with the covers identical though you need to check out the publisher bit to see what your buying.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering--why the interest in a second printing? Is it just a change in endpapers???

I enjoyed the story a lot. I wish King would write a full-length novel, centering around some type of "horror" in a baseball park.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I got the second printing because, if what CD said was true and the vast majority of that printing went to libraries, the second printing in mint condition could be more valuable than the first. Also, it was part of my obsession.

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm.. just checked Ebay and the first printing is already at almost twice the cost.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kinda surprised too. I bought (in total) 9 1st edition copies from CD (no discount!) and have sold them all at $30. I bought 3 copies 3 times as I would sell out, reorder, sell out and reorder. I got almost the last 3 copies they had. They still have to arrive (crosses fingers).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

I got both first and second printing.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Hmm.. just checked Ebay and the first printing is already at almost twice the cost.
    It's definitley going to spike in value, but I'm not sure it will have legs...I hope it does, since that will help values for everything.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my Scribner edition in the mail yesterday.

That's a little book...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my UK version today, i have to say i do like the looks of the book!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I got my Hodder & Stoughton version today as well (shipping of the Scribner version was confirmed a couple of days ago). It is a tiny book indeed but that was what I expected anyway. I'm curious as to how the US and UK versions are different... probably not much except for the publisher's logo on the spine. Oh well...

... looks like I'm getting both mass-market trades sooner than the CD 1st edition.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I bought mine from a local store yesterday. Oh well.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The CD release is roughly 1" taller over the mass 1st edition release. I wonder if the UK is the same size as the US?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast