Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Blockade Billy

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not really worried about this book ever commanding serious prices in my lifetime- or my kids'.

Ron
    I wonder how many people said that about the 10,000 print run of The Gunslinger.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Maybe this should be moved to Cara Laughs?
    Why?
    The thread is primarily about Collecting the book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Pablo meant the way this thread started was more a discussion about the story and not the book. It has since evolved.

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    you are totally right. I liked the book. Yes it is too short at about 115 pages. Yes it costs $25. Yes it may sell for less later on, but I have always liked and played sports and the story was very good. I liked the "curveball" at the end!! (Pun intended!!)
    I just HATED to see it end!!
    I read it on my Kindle for about $7 and change (the hardcover version is still in shrink wrap).
    I just enjoyed it-read it in one easy sitting.
    It's ok though-I love to read everyone's reactions to the "book"!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The story was just kinda "meh" for me. The book is really pretty, but I still go back to "I paid $32 for a story that took me about three-four hours to read". That's about as long as The Gingerbread Girl in Just After Sunset, and that book cost about the same and had 12 other stories to go along with it. It wasn't a bad story, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype for me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo56 View Post
    What did you guys do with the baseball card?
    I was hoping to get Blockade Billy to sign it but used it as a bookmark instead.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just found out I will be getting the UK proof of Blockade Billy. Not in my hands yet however.....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! I haven't heard from my UK guy.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish I had a guy that could get me one

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I'm still working on getting the US versions.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if they are anticipating high sales in the UK? It will be a pricey book with only one story about baseball. Other than the fact that it is written by King I don't think there is much UK interest in baseball. Is there? I don't think FAITHFUL sold very well in the UK. Any thoughts on this from the UK members of the board?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i have a copy from CD on the way so i doubt that i will get the UK version aswell, im not interested in baseball at all which i think goes for most from here but i have heard it is a good short story ... so i doubt that it will sell anywhere near aswell as in the U.S!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I wonder if they are anticipating high sales in the UK? It will be a pricey book with only one story about baseball. Other than the fact that it is written by King I don't think there is much UK interest in baseball. Is there? I don't think FAITHFUL sold very well in the UK. Any thoughts on this from the UK members of the board?
    I think sales will be very low, but at least it will only cost around £5. The list price is £9.95 I think, but books are heavily discounted here.

No-one in the UK likes baseball. It is only played by young school girls, and they call it "rounders". The school girls also play basketball, but they call it "netball".

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    No-one in the UK likes baseball. It is only played by young school girls, and they call it "rounders". The school girls also play basketball, but they call it "netball".
    More proof the English can't speak 'English'.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's £7.49 from Amazon UK atm, I ordered the CD one (god knows when i'll get it) and i'll buy this one because of Morality. I never bought Faithful though, non-fiction Baseball naaa do me a favour, do any American understand Cricket?, well I don't understand Baseball.....though come to think of it it seems a simple enough game to understand....not like American Football, man that looks hugely baffling!.

Anyway i'll be buying Blockade but my mate (who bought Dome) won't be.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    More proof the English can't speak 'English'.
    Do you remember when awhile back someone mentionned the difference of writing in english and american (asking for Blockade Billy).
    And someone then mentionned Harry Potter for a few words that were different : like jammies ...
    Well my gf told me that Harry Potter 2 have a different title :
    HP and the philosopher's stone (eng)
    HP and the sorcerer's stone (american)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

True. I heard that the American publishers were afraid that no-one would understand "Philosopher's Stone" so they changed it to "Sorcerer's Stone." I think it's another case of a publisher underestimating their customer's intelligence.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Well my gf told me that Harry Potter 2 have a different title :
    HP and the philosopher's stone (eng)
    HP and the sorcerer's stone (american)
    Strange. Philosopher and sorcerer are not even close in definition.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know. If anyone studies the history of alchemy, they would know the true definition of "Philosopher's Stone" (which is what Rowling intended). "Sorcerer's Stone" has no relation whatsoever to it, except it was owned by a sorcerer.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Just found out I will be getting the UK proof of Blockade Billy. Not in my hands yet however.....
    I should get one too...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, hell...we all should get one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Well, hell...we all should get one.
    agreed. PM me for my shipping info on where to send mine
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting on mine...that I don't expect to be getting.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tomas has a survey up on his site that you should check out!

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/index.php

Life is a garden...dig it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love a dual slipcase to house both editions of Blockade Billy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast