Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Blockade Billy

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thing View Post
    Hows the arm Dick???

Tom??? What the deal with the new names? I must have missed something.

Arm's hanging on by a thread (or bone) ,,,,,,,,,,,,

See the avatar??? Don't look too close if you have a weak stomach!
    Temporary name changes are for Halloween-think costume.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, yes...Halloween............maybe I should put on a raincoat & use my real name???
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you posting again, Dick.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks -- good to be back!!

I used to pretty much fly over a key board but it's a bit cumbersome now that I'm a one-handed hunt & peck typist.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha yeah it's meeeeeeee As RF said we have a tempoary change over halloween!
    Good to see you back on here, i guess it will still be a while before you can make cases again?

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Thing!!

Actually TRYING to do a bit of building now (but don't tell my Doctor!) Problem is that what used to take 15 minutes to do two-handed, now takes an hour or two to do one-handed! Between that & just plain not having the stamina to work for long periods (my body would rather heal than work) It takes FOREVER to get anything accomplished. Hopefully will be able to start pretty quick on a case that I promised a couple months ago...unfortunately, it may take a couple more months to finish!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well its good that you can do some work, something to focus on! On another note i passed my First Aid refresher course today

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Tom...Good for you!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I hope someone posts pics of the S/L of BB so we all can see what it looks like when it finally comes out. I really would like to see what it looks like.
    I will be posting a bunch of photos on the Lonely Road Books website.

By the way, if anyone who bought the LRB edition through Cemetery Dance did NOT get the emailed production update the other day, please email me and I'll send it to you and make sure your email address is up-to-date on your account. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Woo Hoo! Another book soon to be off the punchlist.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, can you also give us an update for S/L Blockade Billy? or do I need to ask Lonely Road Books? (I'm just a bit unsure as to the extent of the CD/Lonely Road Books relationship)
    Cheers
    James

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Brian, can you also give us an update for S/L Blockade Billy? or do I need to ask Lonely Road Books? (I'm just a bit unsure as to the extent of the CD/Lonely Road Books relationship)
    Cheers
    James
    No problem! I thought I had posted the most recent update in a Blockade Billy thread, but I can't find it now.

The books are finished, the baseball cards are signed, and I'm just waiting on the traycases now. They've taken much longer than I expected, but a lot of that was the Lettered Edition case, which houses two baseball cards and an art portfolio. The Limited Edition traycase also houses the two baseball cards, but we worked around that complication pretty quickly once we considered the different ways we could inset the book in the case to protect the cards.

It took forever to get enough of the Japanese book cloth we needed, but hopefully the manufacturer will hit their latest deadline of this month. I have a feeling February or, unfortunately, maybe even March is looking more likely, but who knows, they might surprise me. I'll post an official update when I know for sure. Photos of the actual books have been posted here:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books...ly/photos.html

To answer your other question, people confuse the relationship between CD and LRB because of my obvious connection to both, but LRB is a side project I started separately with some co-funding from Rich. I take advantage of the established backend CD has in place for processing & shipping orders because it's expensive to get that sort of thing up and running for a new press, and I'm here 60 to 80 hours a week anyway, so I'd be a fool not to use what's available to me. CD takes an appropriate cut for its services, just like when we sell and ship books from Subterranean Press, Gauntlet, Borderlands, Scribner, etc.

I don't know how much everyone on here collects outside of the world of SK, but if you've watched the horror small press over the last 20 years, you know most new presses fail after one or two books. The three biggest reasons are: funding problems, picking poor projects to publish, and trouble reaching customers in the marketplace. So taking full advantage of this relationship I already have with a company that shipped 65,000 orders last year seemed like the best way to guarantee LRB would be around for as long as I wanted.

Hope that information helps clarify the situation!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, what is the possibility of there being any leftover signed King baseball cards? I wasn't able to purchase the signed limited but it would be really cool to get a chance to purchase one of the cards.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Any chance of still getting a signed BRONCO (I mean BLOCKADE!!!) BILLY from the waiting list, or has that been closed?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Any chance of still getting a signed BRONCO BILLY from the waiting list, or has that been closed?
    Don't you mean Blockade Billy?

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oops, I guess I was thinking about the next book in the series, or else my brain is starting to malfunction. I'll just go and edit that thar post, pardner.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Brian, what is the possibility of there being any leftover signed King baseball cards? I wasn't able to purchase the signed limited but it would be really cool to get a chance to purchase one of the cards.
    There aren't many extras because, unlike a signature sheet where there might be damage during the tipping process, these cards are being placed in the display section of the traycases by hand, so I don't anticipate much damage issues during the production process.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Any chance of still getting a signed BRONCO (I mean BLOCKADE!!!) BILLY from the waiting list, or has that been closed?
    The waiting list ended up being huge, so I'm pretty sure we just shut it down to new entries. Sorry!

By the way, I've seen a lot of funny variations on the title and "Bronco" is actually really common! I guess, in another life, Billy was really into the rodeo scene!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    No problem! I thought I had posted the most recent update in a Blockade Billy thread, but I can't find it now.
    I moved these posts over to the BB thread.

Thanks for the update, Brian.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Blockade Billy signed editions shipping update and more photos posted today:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/news.html

Short version is, the cases will be here by the end of the week and shipping will begin next week. It will be a slow process because each case needs both cards inserted, etc, but we'll move as fast as we can while taking great care to protect the books.

PLEASE NOTE: If you did NOT receive the "confirm your address" email a little bit ago and you ordered from Cemetery Dance, PLEASE email me right away. We need you to confirm your address before we can process your order for shipment. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome news!
    Got my address confirmation email this morning so all good to go.

My first S/L!! Yay.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! I've still to obtain my first King S/L. Some day!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My first S/L!! Yay.
    Except that it is not signed in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    My first S/L!! Yay.
    Except that it is not signed in the book.
    Does it need to be signed in the book to be a Signed Limited Edition? I thought being Signed by the author and being a Limited Edition made it a Signed Limited Edition.

Brian

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say it, after seeing how nice the case for the S/L looks, I'm kicking my own ass for not ordering one. I assumed it was going to be a regular slipcase with the signed card and that's it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast