Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Did you like the Bag of Bones movie?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

9 60.00%
  • NO

6 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bag of Bones miniseries - December 11-12

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bag of Bones miniseries - December 11-12

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=5423

Masters of Horror creator, and seasoned director of Stephen King adaptations, Mick Garris (Riding the Bullet, The Stand) is about to embark on a big screen version of King's '98 novel Bag of Bones.

In speaking to Fangoria Radio recently, Garris tells magazine editor Tony Timpone that it appears pal Joe Dante will helm Thirst - a remake of the Aussie vamp flick [...] Garris originally set out to direct that picture. "Bones," however, has been on Garris' to-do pile for some time and will take priority.

Garris is attached as producer on Tobe Hooper's From a Buick 8.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

All the good king stories will be done by the time I'm in hollywood
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont know how well Bag of Bones will translate .. :/
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

The horror...the...horror...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It will be interesting to see how it's done, for sure.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I guess a King book can't NOT be made into a movie...there must be a law out there I'm not aware of.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to see how bag of Bones turns out. Also if they are trying to make a movie out of From A buick 8, I really enjoyed both books so I hope the movies turn out good as well

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm just too sceptical, but I'll believe it's a movie when it shows up at theaters. I've been disappointed by these pre-announcements too many times.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yes, until I hear of a cast and production beginning, any number of things can go wrong to stop the movie. Remember how geared up we were this time last year about a 2008 miniseries of The Talisman?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, to be honest I loved the book but I don't see how it'll make for a very good film.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I am not getting any hopes up until I see the movies in theater or on DVD

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember Bag of Bones was slated to be out this year two years ago.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm really hoping this gets pushed back. Bag of Bones is one of my favorite stories and while I'd love to see it as a movie, I'm just not sure they could do it justice. Especially with Mick Garris behind it. I haven't cared for many of his King adaptations.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean. His version of Desperation wanted to make me eat my own eyes out.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I think Garris nailed it with The Stand and The Shining. I also liked the camp style of Sleepwalkers, his first King adaptation.

However, the others have left something to be desired. I feel they all have certain things I liked, but as a whole...nah. Desperation was disappointing and it really suffered being a TV thing, and some of the cast was wrong.
    "Chattery Teeth" (Quicksilver Highway) was almost too loyal to King's story and didn't have any surprises, let alone any suspense.
    And Riding the Bullet was too weird a movie to really enjoy (even though I think Garris did manage to make a movie you don't easily forget...because it's so weird).

But he's not the only one. Craig Baxley nailed it with Storm of the Century. That's the best King miniseries ever. But Rose Red and Kingdom Hospital?
    Hmmm. Should have been much, much better. Rose Red should have been shorter, and Hospital should have spend lesser time with all the Twin Peaks-weirdness and getting to the point. The Finale of that show was messy.

But they can't all be Frank Darabont and Rob Reiner.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was excited until I saw the name Mick Garris.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bag of Bones movie

There were rumors about Bag of Bones being turned into a movie a while back (so long ago that I can't find that thread again), but here's what was posted by Ms. Mod a few days ago over at the official forum in a thread entitled "Would Bag of Bones make a great movie?":

There may be an announcement soon about this project.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    There were rumors about Bag of Bones being turned into a movie a while back (so long ago that I can't find that thread again), but here's what was posted by Ms. Mod a few days ago over at the official forum in a thread entitled "Would Bag of Bones make a great movie?":

There may be an announcement soon about this project.
    I heard Mick Garris was going to direct it, which doesn't really thrill me....

Then again, I didn't like the book as much as I was expecting to anyway....

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bag of Bones TV Miniseries to begin shooting soon

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=14000

Mick Garris is back in Stephen King territory. The writer-director of The Shining, The Stand and Desperation - all telefilms - has provided Shock with an update on his long-mooted adaptation of King's 1998 novel "Bag of Bones."

Developed for some time by Garris, with screenwriter Matt Venne, "Bag of Bones" is now no longer set to hit the big screen. Instead, it's being turned into a television mini-series.

"We're finalizing our deal," says Garris, "and will hopefully be shooting late-spring, early-summer."

Where "Bag of Bones" will reside on the small screen is to be announced shortly. Venne, who worked for Garris on Masters of Horror and penned Dario Argento's entry, Pelts, has been in the process of adapting his Bones feature script into a mini-series format.

The story tells of Mike Noonan, a novelist grieving over the death of his wife who settles into their summer home, and becomes embroiled in some nasty drama with a nasty local millionaire and falls privy to a series of hauntings
    http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/...-tv-02-07-2010

Mick Garris, director of King's TV adaptations for The Shining, The Stand and Desperation, will be heading the new adaption project for the 1998 novel, Bag of Bones.

With the help of screenwriter Matt Venne, Garris has been working to adapt the story to TV. Originally, the script was written for a full-length feature film, but now they have to change it again for the television miniseries.

"We're finalizing our deal," Garris told Shock Till You Drop. "And will hopefully be shooting late-spring, early-summer."

The cast has yet to be picked, as well as the channel the miniseries is to appear on, but those details, according to Shock, will be released soon.

The story itself is a complex drama from the point of view of a writer in Maine dealing with the death of his wife. He has nightmares, sees apparitions and ghosts in the house they used to share, so he moves to a remote township in Maine.The haunting continues. He assists a young child and her mother in a custody battle which ends up with a great deal of people dead. He realizes his wife's death and the township's local hauntings are connected and the story unravels into a slew of suspenseful horror we all know and love from King.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was gonne post it LOL
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I guess I will wait to see it. I thought Desperation and The Stand sucked but the Shining turned out okay. Maybe this will too.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm always worried when I hear of ANY King book being translated to another medium. I just hope they don't screw it up too badly!

John

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh no, I've been dreading this. Why oh why did he have to be the one to get the rights to shoot Bag of Bones. I really hope this one turns out better than his other adaptations.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've liked most of Garris' stuff. I can't say there aren't things I didn't like or didn't think could be better, but I found them enjoyable. Desperation I have not yet watched though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love 'Shining' and 'The Stand' very very much, and I like 'Riding The Bullet' and 'Desperation' so I'm pleased he will be doing next King's novel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast