Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 254 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What is an AMA and reddit?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    AMA = Ask Me Anything

Reddit = "an entertainment, social networking, and news website where registered community members can submit content, such as text posts or direct links, making it essentially an online bulletin board system."
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I don't get around the internet much.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    AMA = Ask Me Anything

Reddit = "an entertainment, social networking, and news website where registered community members can submit content, such as text posts or direct links, making it essentially an online bulletin board system."

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What the hell does that even mean? Why would three be no "green light"? LOOOOL They have a release date!
    I was wondering the same thing, and read this in a different article.

The Dark Tower Movie Isn't As Set In Stone As We'd Hoped
    With a release date set for January of 2017 they’ll need a green light soon if they plan to actually release a movie by then. If the release date gets pushed back, it would imply that Sony still wants to move forward, even if things are moving slowly. If we don’t hear something definitive in the near future we’ll be right back in development hell. It’s become a vicious cycle, which, to be fair, is a fairly likely place to see The Dark Tower.
    Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

np
    Wanted:

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://deadline.com/2015/12/idris-el...ey-1201663530/

Well...this should be interesting...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uggh

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One thing I've realized is that making Roland black changes a fairly big dynamic in the second book with Detta. But I wouldn't be surprised if that element is downplayed regardless.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be a surprise. I am not familiar with the actor but physically speaking (not color speaking) he doesn't scream Roland.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Idris Elba, but he is certainly not Roland.

Throw this idea (and the supposed Director) out.

DT stays in Development Hell
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

John F. Kennedy PandaB71 will become famous soon enough PandaB71's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't Roland being black kinda screw up the initial hatred that Detta has with Roland and Dean? After all, he is supposed be a "Honky....." I had always thought it might be interesting to see the gentleman that played Rick playing Roland. But I am still not quite sure... I hope they stay away from people that are "Super stars" Some Holywood exposure sure... But not super famous... At least not for Roland... But I could be wrong.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think this would be amazing -- and if you haven't seen him in Luther, you're missing out. There's a new special coming up next week on BBC America -- check it out.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    http://deadline.com/2015/12/idris-el...ey-1201663530/

Well...this should be interesting...
    Brutal.... not happy at all
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just crazy. Why not reverse all the roles. Have Leonardi DiCaprio play the slave and Jamie Fox the plantation owner in Django Unchained.

New Cast-
    Roland: Idras Elba:
    MIB: Mathew McConaughy
    Eddie: Daniel Radcliffe
    Odetta: Nicole Kidman
    Jake: Seth Rogen
    Oy-The Brave: Quasi Modo
    Spoiler:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland Deschain is not a black guy. Why on earth would they cast him that way?

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After thinking on it I don't think it's the worst thing. There isn't much in that character that hinges on skin color. With Eddie it would fundamentally change his relationship with Susannah but beyond some random comments by people of Mid-World about not seeing people with dark skin much there is zero reason story wise to keep him white.

The only thing that hinges on it is the weird King connection brought up in the later books and let's be honest...that is never going to make it to the movies.

Red was white in the Shawshank Redemption making Morgan Freeman a totally bizarre choice but that worked out extremely well.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    The only thing that hinges on it is the weird King connection brought up in the later books and let's be honest...that is never going to make it to the movies.
    Not sure what you're referring to here...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    +1
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Idris Elba, love the guy... BUT NOT for Roland.

Wtf are they thinking?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This won't happen.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Probably the bit about how Roland resembles Stephen in DT6.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    For diversity.

I'm not against the concept of turning white characters to POC in general -- I could see Idris Elba as James Bond -- but with Roland it's just going to be distracting. If they had to do it Jake is really the only one I could see working.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. And I don't think they will work King into the movie. I think they will scrap that whole part.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Exactly. And I don't think they will work King into the movie. I think they will scrap that whole part.
    Which would suck because it's such a huge part of the story (including a major character's death) and his son could easily play the part. He looks just like a younger version of Steve.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    For diversity.

I'm not against the concept of turning white characters to POC in general -- I could see Idris Elba as James Bond -- but with Roland it's just going to be distracting. If they had to do it Jake is really the only one I could see working.
    "For diversity" is a terrible reason to cast a part. For a role that doesn't really matter, sure, get the best actor for the job (and if that happens to be Morgan Freeman, then more power to you). But Roland as a black guy makes as much sense as making Odetta a white chick. Jake? Sure. He could be a black kid. Why not? Even Eddie the junkie could be black. But Roland is a gunslinger of the line of Authur the Eld. His family is akin to royalty in the inner baronies. Based on the internal logic of the stories, there's no way Roland can be black unless you merely see Roland as a "badass dude" who could be played by anyone. Hell, if all you want out of the part is a badass dude, might as well cast Chow yun-fat.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't agree with it either but that's the reasoning I've seen. Heck they're talking about making Clarice in Hannibal black even though her being "poor white trash" is a key point to her character.

Making Eddie black would probably piss off people given how he's a drug addict and a criminal when we first see him though.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 254 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast