Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 254 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Darabont is a great director but I just am not sure if he would have been right for this series.
    How so?
    I think that it will be easy for this material to be done in a cheesy way. Care has to be taken in moving it from the written word to the screen and honestly Darabont has done great with his films but I just fear that his style wouldn't suit the material. Just my opinion. Shawshank and Green Mile are great but both are also very Hallmark movie uplifting. The Mist gives hints that he could handle it but I think it would be better in someone else's hands.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Darabont is a great director but I just am not sure if he would have been right for this series.
    How so?
    I think that it will be easy for this material to be done in a cheesy way. Care has to be taken in moving it from the written word to the screen and honestly Darabont has done great with his films but I just fear that his style wouldn't suit the material. Just my opinion. Shawshank and Green Mile are great but both are also very Hallmark movie uplifting. The Mist gives hints that he could handle it but I think it would be better in someone else's hands.
    Don't know that I agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions. We shall see, hopefully, one way or the other.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If he lost 25 pounds and stood on a "manmaker" for the tight scenes, Tom Hardy would make a good Roland. Otherwise the film makers should look for a 6'2"+ unknown British stage actor.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Tom Hardy but I don't think he would make a good Roland, he just doesn't have that look about him. It's got to be Viggo Mortensen!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Viggo will always be my #1 choice too.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viggo is too old now. Not his fault, just reality.

And Viggo is a generous 5"11"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have hope for, Tim Olyphant, Hugh Lawrie (?) or maybe the guy who plays "Boyd Crowder" on Justified.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dr. House? I think my pick would be Lee Pace for Roland.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've always imagined Eastwood. Too old, obviously, but am I the only one that's noticed a striking resemblance between him and Hugh Jackman? Probably not a popular choice, but I think he could pull it off.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

But Roland is old...and haggard, and weathered, and generally world weary and beaten down looking. In that regard To Hardy's too "Fresh" looking

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How so?
    Well the thing is 'Shawshank and 'Green Mile' are, to be fair to King, both 'Hallmark uplifting' stories. Darabont was just being faithful to the source material.

'The Mist' shows that he's capable of doing stuff that's dark and uncompromising. He turned down a bigger budget from the studios so he could give it the ending that he did.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aintitcool announces, via THE WRAP, a release date in early 2017?
    >>> http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72599
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

great news
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a relatively close date for a film that does not even have the core characters cast yet.

A January release window doesn't inspire much confidence...

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I would still take Viggo despite his age, and height can be corrected with camera angles. Just look at Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. That's probably not the best defense (height, not quality of portrayal) but you get the gist.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd go with Fassbender.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'd go with Fassbender.
    Now that is an interesting choice.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a STRONG feeling that we will be seeing relatively un-knowns after seeing a release date planned and the time frame it is being dropped in. This is a summer blockbuster or Xmas movie IF DONE right. I have a lot of concerns... but you know if someone really cared and tried hard... they could make this movie EPIC and then January is VERY smart as they will own the month.. word of mouth and nothing to do could drive the theaters in droves. You think about it... I bet there are tons of movies that would have made more money should they have had no competition. January and February are dumping grounds for studios but this could work....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'd go with Fassbender.
    I can TOTALLY see this...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing wrong with January per se (and it's a few days before my birthday), but there's nothing in The Gunslinger that's very summer-blockbustery. Now, when it's a critical success, they can amp it up for Drawing, and that can certainly be a summer action film. I hope they eschew the serialized portion and just do seven movies.

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing wrong with January per se (and it's a few days before my birthday), but there's nothing in The Gunslinger that's very summer-blockbustery. Now, when it's a critical success, they can amp it up for Drawing, and that can certainly be a summer action film. I hope they eschew the serialized portion and just do seven movies.
    Agreed. I would be ok with the Netflix/HBO book 4 idea though..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd go with Fassbender.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'd go with Fassbender.
    I still like either, "Boyd" or "Raylan" from "Justified".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Given that the director and the screenwriter are both Danish, maybe we'll see a more international cast.

Like, for example: Lars Mikkelsen (whose brother plays Hannibal on TV)

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

dreading this rumoured adaptation with unproven director.

Fassbender is an interesting suggestion, but i'm sure he's tied up in a long Marvel contract with Dr. Strange and you are not gonna get one of the biggest current actors with a no-name director
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    dreading this rumoured adaptation with unproven director.

Fassbender is an interesting suggestion, but i'm sure he's tied up in a long Marvel contract with Dr. Strange and you are not gonna get one of the biggest current actors with a no-name director
    Agree. This could be a good thing. Unknowns... those are the ones that will sign on too for something like this. You do NOT want an actor jumping mid ship....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 254 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast