Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 254 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is VERY good news.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a terrible FAIL if it happens (and it will not happen)

The Dark Tower needs a Huge Director. A Peter Jackson. A Guillermo del Toro. A James Cameron. A Ridley Scott. A Joss Whedon.

Big Budget. Talented Large Scale Filmmaker

My Prediction? The Dark Tower will continue to languish in development hell.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Peter Jackson was relatively unknown when he took on the Lord of the Rings. He was popular in the B horror movie circuit and tons of people were worried that it was a horrible decision. Also I don't think that "summer blockbuster" is the feeling that the DT series should go for.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    This is a terrible FAIL if it happens (and it will not happen)

The Dark Tower needs a Huge Director. A Peter Jackson. A Guillermo del Toro. A James Cameron. A Ridley Scott. A Joss Whedon.

Big Budget. Talented Large Scale Filmmaker

My Prediction? The Dark Tower will continue to languish in development hell.
    I cannot agree my man. I think this filmmaker will do very well. He is adapted well at scripts and being a little "unknown" he may pour EVERYTHING he has into this. I mean the guy learned English so he could read the books as they were written. Thats dedication! lol I am very positive about this.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thought this might be germaine to the discussion.....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/71731
    From the article:
    I've actually spoken with a source who read Goldsman's last draft they informed me that it wasn't as far off the mark as I had feared, but they did say he did a rather awkward job condensing the events of the first three books into one script.
    Trying to combine the first 3 books into one movie? That's A LOT of ground to cover.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, too much ground to cover. Gunslinger and Drawing are doable, especially since they're so similar in tone, but adding Wastelands into the mix? It's too dense and too different from the first two.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This can either be very good, or very bad for Dark Tower.

Let's posit that The Stand as a Movie/TV hybrid is successful. It garners critical reviews and builds a strong following. This would usher in the idea that, hey, Stephen King is more than just outright horror and quest-epics created by him are worth devoting your time to. Cue The Dark Tower.

If The Stand bombs, however...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    This can either be very good, or very bad for Dark Tower.

Let's posit that The Stand as a Movie/TV hybrid is successful. It garners critical reviews and builds a strong following. This would usher in the idea that, hey, Stephen King is more than just outright horror and quest-epics created by him are worth devoting your time to. Cue The Dark Tower.

If The Stand bombs, however...
    Now, you are being a "drama queen". Let it freaking happen first, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Speculation is part of the fun dude. Ain't no drama queen here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Speculation is part of the fun dude. Ain't no drama queen here.
    My bad as to "language", I'm just saying lets let it happen before we "discuss" is all. My bad.

Also, "speculation" may be great in "your world", but have you ever considered its not in others?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My post is neither off topic or unrelated, and if anyone does not want to follow the string of conversation I started, they are more than welcome to ignore my post.

This is a thread for Dark Tower related movie news, and I am discussing the potential ramifications that The Stand project could have on a potential Dark Tower movie universe.

Why are you being difficult with this?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah combining multiple books for one movie would be a disaster. And in an age where studios are willing to give three movies for 'The Hobbit', it speaks a lack of confidence to me.

At this point I think a television series on a channel like Netflix (given the nature of putting all of the episodes available at once) would be the best bet for something like DT.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Netflix would be a fantastic alternative.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My post is neither off topic or unrelated, and if anyone does not want to follow the string of conversation I started, they are more than welcome to ignore my post.

This is a thread for Dark Tower related movie news, and I am discussing the potential ramifications that The Stand project could have on a potential Dark Tower movie universe.

Why are you being difficult with this?
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be difficult I thought I was just stating my own opinion. Carry on, I apologize if I was being a pest.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Jamie Vultrille will become famous soon enough Jamie Vultrille's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always though the trilogy or seven-movie format wouldn't work on DT. I go with the TV option, all the way. Look at the high quality in Game of Thrones or the reimagined BSG years back. I think TV is the way to go. Also, a few 'known' names from the feature film circuit would be good PR, but generally most of the cast should be up and coming or previously unknown names. It could be great for the DT series to go for an international ensemble cast ala Spartacus or GoT, it just might draw out the next Gwendolyn Christie or Anna Torv in the process.

John F. Kennedy wordslingers will become famous soon enough wordslingers's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that a TV series would be a good fit for something like DT. It would give them a chance to really get into the details and intricacies of the series, while I feel like movies might rush things. I'm not too eager about a combination of TV series and feature films, though. I mean, as a fan the more the better, but I'm mostly thinking about the fact that they'll have to lure new viewers and new fans for the series to be successful, and either the movie or TV series (whichever is the main storyline) will have to be one hell of a hook to convince casual people to invest in both TV and film. Just a concern of mine that making it split off like this might put people off.

John F. Kennedy RichardHawes is on a distinguished road RichardHawes's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

TV in my opinion would be perfect; Lucas Bryant would be fun as I have enjoyed him on Haven but Timothy Olyphant or maybe even Eric Dane could be great fits as Roland.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHawes View Post
    TV in my opinion would be perfect; Lucas Bryant would be fun as I have enjoyed him on Haven but Timothy Olyphant or maybe even Eric Dane could be great fits as Roland.
    I agree and, Olyphant would completely nail it IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The ink is apparently dry on the deal for the man who will direct The Dark Tower.

That man is Nikolaj Arcel, who was first reported to be attached to the project earlier this year and has now been officially confirmed (via Deadline) as the director by Sony Pictures, which picked up the massive adaptation of Stephen King's eight-novel cycle after it was developed and then dropped by both Universal and Warner Bros.

Although there have been several versions of the script, Arcel -- who directed A Royal Affair and co-wrote the original film version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in his native Denmark -- will do his own rewrite with fellow Danish filmmaker Anders Thomas Jensen. The movie will be based on King's first book in the cycle, The Gunslinger, which introduces us to the last gunslinger, Roland Deschain, and the alternate, ruined version of our world in which he searches for the legendary Dark Tower of the title.

Still to be determined is how many movies Arcel will direct in the series, how many films are actually planned, and whether the original idea to bridge the movies with limited TV series is still in the mix (Deadline says it is).

>>> Source

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate to bring this up again but...

...we could have had Darabont do the Dark Tower series...

...and King said no.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know...I think I agree with King on that one. Darabont is a great director but I just am not sure if he would have been right for this series.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I added A Royal Affair to my netflix queue a few weeks ago after Arcel's name was first dropped. I'm anxious to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

...and King said no.
    That's right, I had forgotten about that! Why was that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Darabont is a great director but I just am not sure if he would have been right for this series.
    How so?

Country
    Country Flag

The answer King gave was basically a non-answer. "You have too much on your plate as it is!"

For me, it was this scene in 'The Mist' that solidified for me that Darabont would have done a great job with something like DT.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

...and King said no.
    I'm with ya, Cyber!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 254 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast