Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 254 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Even though initially, when reading the books, I thought it a dumb idea it does become an integral part of the story and I thought, King handled it pretty darn well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=122193
    Having won an Oscar earlier this year for his very first nomination (for Dallas Buyers Club) and with a possible Emmy coming his way next Monday (for HBO's "True Detective")--not to mention his starring role in Christopher Nolan's anticipated outer space epic Interstellar--actor Matthew McConaughey is clearly going to be in bigger demand than ever, and Deadline has word on two of his potential upcoming projects.

Nothing is official yet, but according to them, Warner Bros. wants McConaughey to play the role of the demonic figure Randall Flagg in the feature film adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand, which will be directed by Josh Boone (The Fault in Our Stars).

Flagg has been a recurring character in much of King's work, sometimes appearing in different guises, but he first appeared in his 1978 novel "The Stand" and then became the primary antagonist of his serialized "The Dark Tower" (which also has been in development to become a feature film or serialized television show). Jamey Sheridan played the role of the character in the 1994 television mini-series directed by Mick Garris, and Flagg has been brought to the comics in recent years with Marvel adaptations of both King works.

The Deadline story also mentions that McConaughey might team with Oscar-winning Traffic writer (and Syriana writer/director) Stephen Gaghan to make Gold for Black Bear Pictures, a movie that previously had director Paul Haggis attached. Written by Patrick Massett and John Zinman, it's based on the true story of the 1993 Bre-X Mineral Corporation mining scandal where large amounts of gold were found in the Indonesian jungle. Haggis remains on as producer along with his partner Michael Nozik and Black Bear's Teddy Schwarzman.
    Might they get him to play Flagg in The Dark Tower, too?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He would be sweet as Flagg for sure!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Susannah with legs is a massive disappointment.
    Roland will probably have 10 fingers as well. Although I can understand this from a production viewpoint, the beauty of this story is the limitations that each character had. Drug addictions, missing fingers, legs, age, etc. King is best when he works with those type of characters.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would hope that the Susannah with legs is just there because of the basic 3D models that they're using.

Also I'd love to see Matthew McConaughey as Flagg. Go see 'Killer Joe' to see how he'd do something like that.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I think this is coming... sooner than we think... I also believe Netflix will be involved in a HUGE capacity... just look at the news coming out from them now...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But you gave an article from January.

Country
    Country Flag

So it is... It was posted today on another DT site I am on. Thought it was fresh....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You heard it here first, Timothy Olyphant for "Roland"!!!!!! That's right, Mr "Justified".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You heard it here first, Timothy Olyphant for "Roland"!!!!!! That's right, Mr "Justified".
    I cant see it Merlin... he is too young'sih/boy'sih.... I could see him as Dean WAY more. Liam Neeson (they mention him in the article) I can see do a really good job. Never thought of him before. I dare say if Netflix gets involved it will not be silly and poorly done though... they want to take out HBO.. and eventually I feel they will. You see Orange is the New Black? My wife made me watch it.. and I got addicted! Killed it in like 4 days.. both seasons... anyways time shalllllll tellllllll......
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Netflix has done well with their original content TV shows. Now they just signed a deal with Adam Sandler for him to create 4 new movies. Could be a step towards making the DT movie a reality.

Maybe if they do the 3 movies and one TV show like they were talking about, it would all be on Netflix?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Traveler Gnagsta is on a distinguished road Gnagsta's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever they do, if SK takes himself out of the storyt, how will they handle the whole Jake situation..?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

What do you mean “takes himself out of the story”? It would be up to whoever writes the script for the movie whether to keep that the same or not. I imagine they would have to find an actor (or 2) to play Steve’s part in the movie.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    What do you mean “takes himself out of the story”? It would be up to whoever writes the script for the movie whether to keep that the same or not. I imagine they would have to find an actor (or 2) to play Steve’s part in the movie.
    Why? He's still among the living and has done this kind of thing before. It's not much of a "part" and he'd just be playing himself. literally.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Idk, I was never really a big fan of that whole aspect tbh. Breaking the fourth wall and getting all meta was very... jarring.

I'm currently on a reread and I'm not too far from that point so I'll see if my mind changes between now and then.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Idk, I was never really a big fan of that whole aspect tbh. Breaking the fourth wall and getting all meta was very... jarring.

I'm currently on a reread and I'm not too far from that point so I'll see if my mind changes between now and then.
    I kinda agree, but it is in the story and therefore should be included, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Why? He's still among the living and has done this kind of thing before. It's not much of a "part" and he'd just be playing himself. literally.
    True, but he looks a bit different now than he did in the 70’s, which is what the time period would be in that part the movie. Honestly, I was thinking that his son Joe would make a pretty good stand in.

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone suggested Lucas Bryant for the role of Roland? Not only does he have that gaunt, long-legged build, but he also has that "Old-World" look to him that fits Roland to a "T". Watch some of "Haven" and you can see how he moves and talks like he's made for the part.

Funny enough, Eric Balfour could even do a decent Eddie Dean if he wasn't so skinny. He's got that twitchy edge to him that would lend itself pretty well to that character.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've never watched Haven, so I had to google Lucas Bryant. I can kinda see why you'd say that.
    There's some quality about his face that isn't matching up with my perception of Roland. Of course, I've never seen Lucas Bryant act, so I don't get the whole persona by just looking at a picture.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think there's a really good resemblance....

Almost uncanny....

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, there's no denying a resemblance with those two pictures side by side.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael Whelan's artwork for the WIN. Incredible work he does....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With the news that HBO is now also delving into Asimov's Foundation series (http://electricliterature.com/isaac-...onathan-nolan/), in addition to working on Atwood's MaddAddam series, plus of course that Game of whatever thing, it's becoming quite clear The Dark Tower is almost certainly not going to be shown on the big screen. Serial television is just too good nowadays. The world moving on will be televised (sort of). Netflix has come up before in this discussion, and they themselves are dipping into more epic productions with the upcoming Marco Polo series. So HBO is probably definitely out, but Netflix might be a good destination for a proper multi-season series. It could be a limited series, all shot at the same time, shown in several seasons. I think they could easily do three or four seasons of several 60-90 minute episodes and do the books justice. Other than HBO and Netflix, Showtime may be a destination, but I don't see The Dark Tower as their type of show. There's also Starz but they've already got a time-traveling fantasy series going in Outlander. I just don't think the idea of theatrical movies alternating with television seasons (a great idea on paper) is really ever gonna work.

So, Netflix?

Quick and dirty series overview with nineteen 90-minute (or more) episodes:
    • Season 1: The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three (Episodes 1 through 4)
    • Season 2: The Waste Lands and The Wizard and Glass (Episodes 5 though 8)
    • Season 3: The Wizard and Glass and The Wind Through the Keyhole (Episodes 9 through 11)
    • Season 4: Wolves of the Calla and Song of Susannah (Episodes 12 through 14)
    • Season 5: Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower (Episodes 15 through 19)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 254 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast