Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 254 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I have. Been saying that from the start of these rumors. And I think the movies should be dropped altogether, and just do what's been done with HBO's Game of Thrones, a season a book.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm okay with the news. Fairly optimistic. Glad to hear they haven't reduced the scope, not only as a DT fan, but because of the doors it could open for future productions. Praying that they DO do it right and with much success. Thanks for sharing the links, y'all.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Yeah, I have. Been saying that from the start of these rumors. And I think the movies should be dropped altogether, and just do what's been done with HBO's Game of Thrones, a season a book.
    I like that idea a lot, but with a small twist, A movie release covering the first 2 books and then straight to HBO for the balance of the series. Be good marketing for HBO, too.

What do you think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Wow that's wonderful news. HBO is the best!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I like that idea a lot, but with a small twist, A movie release covering the first 2 books and then straight to HBO for the balance of the series. Be good marketing for HBO, too.

What do you think?
    Interesting! I am really glad they are doing this!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

My heart just went up to my throat because I'd read an article from March and expected that was the last word anyone had said about it (being that this whole thing had been cancelled).

So glad* to see that it's still back on track.

*Haterz gon' hate.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just for clarification: really satisfying ending =roland climbing the tower holding hands with all members of the new and old tet singing kumbaya.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, Brice. It's actually Roland waking up from a virtual simulation, with Eddie and Jake as his children, apologising for any "issues" they had and Eddie and Jake saying, "Let's not fight anymore, dad". Cue hugging. Cue credits. Cue sick bucket.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    No, Brice. It's actually Roland waking up from a virtual simulation, with Eddie and Jake as his children, apologising for any "issues" they had and Eddie and Jake saying, "Let's not fight anymore, dad". Cue hugging. Cue credits. Cue sick bucket.
    Cue me hunting them down?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, really satisfying ending might mean almost anything. I hope it IS different from the books. Not totally Hollywood, of course, but I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Cue me hunting them down?
    Believe it or not, I actually based that on the ending of a US remake of one of my favourite shows ever. *shudder* Trust me: those bastards really can sink that low when it comes to pissing on beloved endings, sometimes.

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, no doubt. I'm about 99% confident in their capacity to fuck it up. I have no plans to watch it.

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, no doubt. I'm about 99% confident in their capacity to fuck it up. I have no plans to watch it.
    "There you go again with all the negative vibes, Moriarty"!!!!

Kelly's Heroes

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, when it comes to a DT movie I am quite positive.

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what Brice and DD said

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I want it to end with Woody Allen, a backscratcher and a sheep.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    "There you go again with all the negative vibes, Moriarty"!!!!

Kelly's Heroes

I prefer Misfits for my quotage.

"You'd screw your own sister for a slice of cheese!"
    "I don't even like cheese."
    "That makes it even worse, you sick bastard!"

Or, even better:
    "Does anyone else feel like a massive cu*t?"

And I need to watch more Woody Allen movies, I think.

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, when it comes to a DT movie I am quite positive.
    Yeah: Positively frigid.

Buncha Debbie Downers.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Just for clarification: really satisfying ending =roland climbing the tower holding hands with all members of the new and old tet singing kumbaya.
    I seriously hope not!

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I think I like the idea of DT being told on HBO!! Thanks!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Believe it or not, I actually based that on the ending of a US remake of one of my favourite shows ever.
    Would that be, Life on Mars?

Oh, and I happened on the new series of Misfits last week. A nice start, although I think they could have left out the
    Spoiler:
    bum-sex stuff
    . I really like Misfits, but I think the writers can sometimes be crude just for the sake of it.

Back on topic- I actually wouldn't mind some changes to the novel ending, as long as it's not too 'tied up' and they leave out the cheese. The Kumbaya ending made me snigger though. Despite my dislike of excessive profanity, I do have a warped little mind in some ways.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anybody see or hear about the new show on AMC called "Hell on Wheels" The lead actor Anson Mount looks like a dead ringer for Roland the Gunslinger!

check out the IMDB page. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1204007424/tt1699748

Seriously, this actor has the looks and the attitude! Plus he is already playing a character that kills in cold blood and is an "anti-hero" What do you guys think?

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys, really need a favour here please! I'm trying to find the fantasy casting list that someone made, I'm sure it was JJ Abrams but I can't find it anywhere. I know it was posted in this thread. Any help? Cheers.
    "Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!" - Lion-O, noble Lord of the Thundercats

Traveler rolandesch is on a distinguished road rolandesch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Did anybody see or hear about the new show on AMC called "Hell on Wheels" The lead actor Anson Mount looks like a dead ringer for Roland the Gunslinger!

check out the IMDB page. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1204007424/tt1699748

Seriously, this actor has the looks and the attitude! Plus he is already playing a character that kills in cold blood and is an "anti-hero" What do you guys think?
    Aren't they still going for Bardem, though? I don't deny that I see Anson Mount as a stellar gunslinger, but maybe in the American Old West, only.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As soon as they announced previously they were doing movies and a TV series with Universal and Ron Howard, I immediately e-mailed them and said I didn't think Javier Bardem was a good choice at all and that it would be a much better idea to do a long-form series approach on HBO since they have a proven track record for quality production year-after-year. Timothy Olyphant would be a good choice for Roland. Plus he has a history with HBO (Deadwood). Javier would be a mistake. Casting Jake will be difficult because people usually love or hate child actors. I didn't mind the kid in The Shining mini-series but a lot of folks hated him.

The good and bad thing about being on HBO is they either try and cram 7 books into one season and/or mix it up with films which might not work. Or, they do the first two books then HBO cancels it and leaves us hanging like a half-dozen or series. It's a gamble.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 254 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast