Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Craig is a midget (publicized as 5"10", which means 5'8") Might as well cast Tom Cruise. Jackman in my mind doesn't fit. Mortensen is too short also. Time for new thoughts.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Viggo please or the one I think would be awesomely even better is Ed Harris, those eyes!!
    I really just want them to do it. Just like LOST I will be in for the whole ride regardless of how it turns out.
    Last edited by blavigne; 12-19-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: added comment

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen much of his work . . . Pretty much just his role in 'The Town' . . . But I'm totally down with casting Jon Hamm as Roland. He might be a couple years younger in the age characteristic but I think he definitely has the look of The Gunslinger.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seneschal View Post
    *sigh*

im hoping that the whole thing gets scrapped because someone realizes that you either do 5-7 full length movies or you don't do it at all (and the latter is what i REALLY would like). the TV will likely make it so cheesy, especially being on NBC. Jimmy Fallon as Henry Dean and starring Jay Leno as Roland. give me a break.

DT is a bloodbath. it's a fantasy horror bloodbath. television? really???
    Please don't even joke about something like this! (I hope it is a joke, if it isn't I will just die right now!)
    well, the fallon and leno part was a joke. me wishing they would scrap it was not.
    Time is a face on the water.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The Dark Tower Casting Buzz
    Who might play Roland Deschain?
    December 17, 2010

Director Ron Howard has acknowledged some of the actors being considered to play the lead role of gunslinger Roland Deschain in the filmmaker's planned epic feature film/TV adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower.

In a chat with The Los Angeles Times about the project, "Howard didn't dodge the topic [of casting Roland] and nodded when names such as Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman and Jon Hamm were mentioned."

Howard told the paper, "Sure, those are some names and on 'The Dark Tower' fansites they're all about Viggo [Mortensen]."

Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman and Viggo Mortensen have all been mentioned as possible Gunslingers.
    "We love Roland the Gunslinger but we also like coming back to these worlds and these places. On one hand it is grounded and relatable but on the other hand it's scary and strange and mind-blowing," said Howard. "There's this dream quality to it and the mystery in that is what it's all about – being compelled forward without all the answers."

Howard, screenwriter Akiva Goldsman and producer Brian Grazer will adapt The Dark Tower, with King, Imagine Entertainment and Weed Road simultaneously developing the property as a TV series. The first season of the TV series is designed to bridge the first and second movies. Universal has slated the first movie in their Dark Tower film trilogy for a Friday, May 17, 2013 release.

Source.
    Thoughts ?

Oh, no, not Craig - that would be just terribly wrong.

Although I like Jackman, he is not what I imagine Roland to look like. Mortensen is closer in the looks department, but as I've already mentioned I am uncomfortable with the idea of Roland being portrayed by an actor who played a major LOTR character.
    I'm not qualified to say anything about Jon Hamm - I don't think I've seen any movies with him, and photos are not enough to form an opinion.

I just hope they cast a wider net and do not get fixated on well-known names.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hamm is awesome in Mad Men. He'd be a great Roland.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He certainly looks the part on the photos that I googled - now I need to check out his acting chops (Will try to find Mad Men or something else.)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mad Men is amazingly super. Too bad it lost in the first round of the BTVSAT

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I remember I got interested right then - when it was competing in Round 1. I'm just wondering whether it will be equally entertaining/recognizable to non-American audience.
    In any case I now have one more reason to look for this series

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think one needs to be an American to enjoy excellent drama

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Craig is a midget (publicized as 5"10", which means 5'8") Might as well cast Tom Cruise. Jackman in my mind doesn't fit. Mortensen is too short also. Time for new thoughts.
    Size matters little in Tinseltown. "Rocky" is like 5'6". All in the way they shooy it. "Rudy" became a "Hobbit" LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Hamm is awesome in Mad Men. He'd be a great Roland.
    I thought he was pretty damn good in "The Town" as well. Actually, his role in that flick lends him more toward Roland than I would have originally thought.

Gotta be tough though in regards to the commitment. I would guess you're talking 6-7 years all told to get it all done, 3 feature films and 2 TV series. Lotta cabbage!!!!!!! Lotta Time LOL Might be better if they found "Nobodies" ala HP, in the long run.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Might be better if they found "Nobodies" ala HP, in the long run.
    Thats what I keep thinking.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

John F. Kennedy Darth Pyros is on a distinguished road Darth Pyros's Avatar

that would be a good idea Merlin, what I'm wondering is how they are going to portray Susannah/Odetta/Detta...either CGI to remove the actress' legs or find an exceptionally beautiful black female actress with no legs, either of which would be no small feat.(unintentional extremity pun detected)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pyros View Post
    that would be a good idea Merlin, what I'm wondering is how they are going to portray Susannah/Odetta/Detta...either CGI to remove the actress' legs or find an exceptionally beautiful black female actress with no legs, either of which would be no small feat.(unintentional extremity pun detected)
    I would guess CGI, but that was a good pun!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    Yes, but remember that the HP series already had a huge fanbase prior to filming of the movies. They could have casted anyone in the roles and the film still would have garnered millions, it's a world wide and cultural phenomenon.

The Dark Tower isn't as well known, and -realistically speaking- it's only hope for box office survival would be to cast a relatively well known actor in the lead role to garner fans that would otherwise be uninterested in watching the films.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but remember that the HP series already had a huge fanbase prior to filming of the movies. They could have casted anyone in the roles and the film still would have garnered millions, it's a world wide and cultural phenomenon.

The Dark Tower isn't as well known, and -realistically speaking- it's only hope for box office survival would be to cast a relatively well known actor in the lead role to garner fans that would otherwise be uninterested in watching the films.
    True, but its not gonna be easy to find a "Name" actor willing to make that big a commitment and to both TV and Movie venues to boot. Although, I suppose a lot depends on Howard's intended shooting schedule. If he tries to emulate Jackson and LOTR in that regard.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

True, but its not gonna be easy to find a "Name" actor willing to make that big a commitment and to both TV and Movie venues to boot. Although, I suppose a lot depends on Howard's intended shooting schedule. If he tries to emulate Jackson and LOTR in that regard.
    The TV series would most likely follow the path of the comics and be Roland's backstory. I don't tink it would be a problem.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My biggest fear right now is that it seems like Ron Howard is focusing waaay too much on the comics than on the actual novels. The comics are good (mainly the earlier volumes) but they have nothingin the way of the original work.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

The TV series would most likely follow the path of the comics and be Roland's backstory. I don't tink it would be a problem.
    Sorry, but I would have to disagree. First off, there's no way he's getting 7 books of story into 3 feature films, even if they let him run 3hrs each. Granted, I'm sure the TV series will figure prominently for the back story that appears in W&G and the comics may enhance that some, but he's gonna have to cover fairly major book storylines in the TV Series. If he hust does W&G and the comic stories on TV and tries to get the rest in the films I don't see how he's not gonna fuck it up, Big Time. IMHO

Hell, it took Jacksonover 9 hrs to cover 3 LOTR books and nowhere near the page count. Granted the first 3 DT books are a little more fast paced, but after W&G the last 3 while fairly quickly paced (in general) cover A LOT of material!!!! Again just MHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

haven't been here in ages (my apologies). I assume this could be the thread where we post our "dream cast" for the movie. I have been browsing sites today that suggested certain actors for the roles and I totally agree with some, disagree with many others. but I was surprised no one mentioned the idea of Ben Foster playing the role of Eddie Dean. He fits much in the way Sean William Scott would...but I feel is more appropriate.

Thoughts?
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I had never considered Ben Foster, but good call ! He's a very versatile actor, chameleon-like almost, and he certainly has the acting chops to pull it off. My only reservation is - what's his age ?

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I had never considered Ben Foster, but good call ! He's a very versatile actor, chameleon-like almost, and he certainly has the acting chops to pull it off. My only reservation is - what's his age ?
    Ug yeah that is the one thing I forget about since I still 'see it' with him for the role. Looks like he is 30 years old. A lot of the other suggested actors I've seen on other sites have other older suggestions than Ben though, so I don't know what to think - it'll be interesting to see who they choose, that's for sure!
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Country
    Country Flag

just kidding, I looked here:
    http://www.fearnet.com/news/b20146_w...ting_game.html

And someone else did suggest him for the role. Huh. That's sort of cool though because maybe the idea will catch on...
    -Orson Scott Card

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

That kind of stinks, though. I'd hate to see it over-commercialized. To do TDT right, they need a really capable actor for Roland. I want to hear an accent that's otherworldly and done convincingly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast