Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 254 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 19eye-rosecrow-gun View Post
    Not to be a total basher, but some of you had better not try becoming casting advisors. In any case, I don't think it will be as good as the books, but maybe it will give Harry Potter a run for its money. It will be cool to see Flagg take voldemort's place. I really hope they do a good job casting people.
    I'm pretty sure they won't stand a chance against the Potter franchise, simply because the books and comics aren't popular enough.
    As much as we would want it to, The Dark Tower is no Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings when it comes to popularity.
    But of course, if the first parts are successful, who knows what the future brings?

Hopefully it will kill Twilight, but I doubt it.
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You mentioning Lord of the Rings gives me hope. I'm old enough to remember how fringe that used to be.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, LotR was very well known long before the movies, even amongst people who had never read it. Everyone had heard about it.
    While nobody I've asked have heard about The Dark Tower (some have been converted though )
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

People I would love to see in the DT movie are:

Kevin Durand... AMAZING villain!
    Tilda Swinton... AMAZING actress!
    Jeremy Renner... Also AMAZING!
    Neal McDonough... AMAZING!
    Viggo Mortensen... As previously mentioned.
    Zoë Kravitz... Maybe.
    Vin Diesel... As a villain.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    If that actor can do a jokey humorous character, maybe. Actually I think the guy who plays his brother in Supernatural would be a better fit, but I think they're both too pretty.
    I always kinda imagined Eddie as being pretty and the blurb in the books (can't remember which or where) where King did this but somewhere he describes Eddie as representing perfect male beauty or something like along those lines.

Roland, on the other hand, must be played by a much more rugged guy.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stratton View Post
    always kinda imagined Eddie as being pretty and the blurb in the books (can't remember which or where) where King did this but somewhere he describes Eddie as representing perfect male beauty or something like along those lines.
    I was basing my comment largely on the stewardesses reaction to Eddie on the plane in Drawing of the Three. (This doesn't spoil any major plot points so I won't tag it.)

I forget the specifics, but before she became suspicious of him she noted that he was a good looking guy, but not that good looking. It was mainly the eyes.

Roland, on the other hand, must be played by a much more rugged guy.
    I agree. I wasn't keen on Jae Lee's depiction of adult Roland in the comics due to how handsome Roland looked. Rather like Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent without their suits. In the books I got the impression that he's looks pretty rough. Not ugly (despite Eddie's comments) in the grotesque sense but very weathered with pitted skin. (Not due to pox, again it's the weathering. Years of sand and dust.) To his credit, young Roland was pretty close to my mental picture though. As was Alain.

I doubt they'd go that far with the film version but a rugged forty something would be fine.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I seriously need Kevin Durand in this movie.
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1904447232/nm0243806
    He is not known very well, but he is a great actor. Martin Keamy in Lost, Gabriel in Legion, Little Jon in Robin Hood, and Fred Dukes in Wolverine are just a few of his roles. He's like 6'6, and can pull over many different looks. He was also in Smoking Aces, and pulled off crazy white supremacist without a hitch, so maybe he can be a bad guy.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am liking James Franco as Eddie Dean:

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Linda... I couldn't agree more :

James Franco

Pics from a photo shoot for Interview Magazine.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

ive even seen him play a junkie....quite well I hasten to add.

The answer is within

My Mood
    In Love

i finally got one right1 Wh00t whoot

The answer is within

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could totally see Franco as Eddie.

I wouldn't have thought so, but after seeing Josh Brolin as Jonah Hex I could imagine him as a pretty darned good Roland. Weathered and gruff in all the right places and the proper age for the part.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I of course, must be Gasher.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy fortune reader View Post
    I am liking James Franco as Eddie Dean:
    I can roll with this.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How about Clive Owens in a role? Maybe?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Another person who would be good in DT is Kandyse McClure. She would be perfect as Susannah. She was the crazy death row person from Person's Unknown. Did a great job.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The DT series to premiere next year on NBC?

Today I found an article called NBC - Full drama development slate for next season - almost all Fantasy/Sci-Fi and in it I found this interesting section:

DARK TOWER, THE: Eerie, dreamlike, set in a world that is weirdly related to our own, The Gunslinger introduces Roland Deschain of Gilead, of In-World that was, as he pursues his enigmatic antagonist to the mountains that separate the desert from the Western Sea. Roland is a solitary figure, perhaps accursed, who with a strange singlemindedness traverses an exhausted, almost timeless landscape. The people he encounters are left behind, or worse—left dead. At a way station, however, he meets Jake, a boy from a particular time (1977) and a particular place (New York City), and soon the two are joined—khef, ka, and ka-tet. The mountains lie before them. So does the man in black and, somewhere far beyond...the Dark Tower.
    http://www.liljas-library.com/section.php?id=45

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The DT series to premiere next year on NBC?

Today I found an article called NBC - Full drama development slate for next season - almost all Fantasy/Sci-Fi and in it I found this interesting section:

DARK TOWER, THE: Eerie, dreamlike, set in a world that is weirdly related to our own, The Gunslinger introduces Roland Deschain of Gilead, of In-World that was, as he pursues his enigmatic antagonist to the mountains that separate the desert from the Western Sea. Roland is a solitary figure, perhaps accursed, who with a strange singlemindedness traverses an exhausted, almost timeless landscape. The people he encounters are left behind, or worse—left dead. At a way station, however, he meets Jake, a boy from a particular time (1977) and a particular place (New York City), and soon the two are joined—khef, ka, and ka-tet. The mountains lie before them. So does the man in black and, somewhere far beyond...the Dark Tower.
    http://www.liljas-library.com/section.php?id=45
    OMG! I just got a warm fuzzy... I need to take a shower.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

That's...kind of soon.... Wouldn't they have to film the first movie and release it BEFORE the 2011-2012 season? That doesn't give them much time--less than a year....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    That's...kind of soon.... Wouldn't they have to film the first movie and release it BEFORE the 2011-2012 season? That doesn't give them much time--less than a year....
    IMDB says DT is set to arrive in 2012. I think with the way they are doing it you will be able to view them independently. This is just my thoughts, but I think the TV show will be about Roland's younger years, and the movies will be about the rest of the books. It makes sense because they wouldn't have to have the same actors doing the books and movies.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    IMDB says DT is set to arrive in 2012. I think with the way they are doing it you will be able to view them independently. This is just my thoughts, but I think the TV show will be about Roland's younger years, and the movies will be about the rest of the books. It makes sense because they wouldn't have to have the same actors doing the books and movies.
    Did they change the plan, then? Because last I heard the first movie was coming out first, then the first season of the TV series, then the second movie, then the second season of the TV series, then the third movie.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    Did they change the plan, then? Because last I heard the first movie was coming out first, then the first season of the TV series, then the second movie, then the second season of the TV series, then the third movie.
    All I was going off of what the fact that IMDB says 2012 here
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648190/
    and Pablo stating TV show is supposed to premier next year.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that's just Lilja's Library quoting an unreliable source. I think the plan is still in place as before.

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the adaptation would work in the order in which the books were released, i.e. the events in Mejis in the middle.

For the TV series, I'd have everything from the first graphic novel to the end of the Gunslinger/start of Drawing.

Even with cutting off the Gunslinger there's still way too much material for 3 movies however, so the tv series would have to serve as filling-in gaps between the movies.

Another option is have the events of Wizard and Glass, and the graphic novels, done later on as a two-part prequel to the first trilogy? I say trilogy... still want more than 3 movies lol

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think that's just Lilja's Library quoting an unreliable source. I think the plan is still in place as before.
    Maybe, yeah. Even imdb isn't always a reliable source.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 254 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast