Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 254 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

we have all long had fantasies about this series coming to the big screen. now that it's actually going to happen im simultaneously thrilled, terrified, and downright annoyed.

thrilled: it will be cool to see the characters come to life

terrified: they will screw it up and get so many things just flat WRONG

annoyed: you know, i kinda like that the Dark Tower is sort of a cult club. I like that i will say to someone "everything's gone 19" and they will either be extremely excited to meet a fellow journeyman along the path of the beam, or they will have no idea what the hell i am talking about. i feel like actually reading this series and knowing its ins and outs and discussing it intelligently is a rite of passage. the movie will take a lot of that away. in a lot of ways, it has the potential to ruin the experience for both potential readers and veterans alike. i don't know...now that it's here, i'd rather they just left it alone.

why do we have to sell everything out?
    Time is a face on the water.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seneschal View Post
    in a lot of ways, it has the potential to ruin the experience for both potential readers and veterans alike.
    Yes.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler jonjacobs1976 is on a distinguished road

Default Stephen Moyer to play Roland!

Hi everyone. Since I started watching True Blood (started watching late on download) I have been saying that Stephen Moyer (vampire Bill Compton) has all the qualities to play Roland in the upcoming adaptation. Then out of curiosity I typed in 'Stephen Moyer Roland' into Google and got a tonne of results.

Ka in action. I thought it was just my notion. So following through on this Ka I have started a Facebook site 'Stephen Moyer to play Roland!':

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=155559167811210

Please join if you can see the value in this , show your support and help this happen :-)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He's way too short.

Too short, how do you figure? He's 5'10. I think Roland could easily be played at 6 foot and it's easy to make an actor look a couple inches taller.
    Last edited by jonjacobs1976; 10-08-2010 at 06:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He's listed as 5'10.
    Roland (and there are images in the books) is Tall. I don't equate 5'10 as tall.
    Roland is certainly no less than 6'3. I know in movies they can use a "manmaker' to make the actor seem taller, but I think he's a no go.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonjacobs1976 View Post
    Hi everyone. Since I started watching True Blood (started watching late on download) I have been saying that Stephen Moyer (vampire Bill Compton) has all the qualities to play Roland in the upcoming adaptation. Then out of curiosity I typed in 'Stephen Moyer Roland' into Google and got a tonne of results.

Ka in action. I thought it was just my notion. So following through on this Ka I have started a Facebook site 'Stephen Moyer to play Roland!':

Please join if you can see the value in this , show your support and help this happen :-)
    So you just register to posts for that?
    Personally, no i dont even imagine him as Roland.. nice try.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Randall who would you like to see play Roland ?
    @ herbertwest - Lots of people are imagining him as Roland, just do a google check ;-) And yes you're right I did register just to make that post, but I think I'll stick around as The Dark Tower are my favourite books :-) Might even be replacing Lotr for me...

BTW What do you all think of Alexander Skarsgård (True Blood's Eric Northman) to play The Tick-Tock man?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to respectfully suggest this entire thread be moved to The Oracle. It seems more appropriate there.

John

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean to say merged with the DT film thread already running in The Oracle?
    I thought that the goal here was for every single forum to have one of their own.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with John.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    Number one : please cast an actor that can perform a proper brooklyn accent for eddie.
    Too late. They already cast Mel Gibson.

Kidding.
    given the mad max movies I think Gibson would be an interesting actor to see in the dark tower movies

as flagg

so not kidding either

That can't happen....because Christopher Walken IS Flagg.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Default Stephen Moyer to play Roland!

* BTW Some people think Stephen Moyer is too short at 5'10 to play Roland, I think they can overcome that on screen (especially for those that believe Roland is only a little over 6 foot). Easy to fake 2-3 inches. Look at what they've been doing for Tom Cruise his whole life! ;-)

Lol just found out everyone's favourite to play the part Viggo Mortensen is only 5'11!

Lol just found out everyone's favourite to play the part Viggo Mortensen is only 5'11! Go Stephen!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonjacobs1976 View Post
    Lol just found out everyone's favourite to play the part Viggo Mortensen is only 5'11!
    IMO. The only person to play Roland should be Daniel Day Lewis. (He's also tall, but that is incidental)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite to play Roland:

Spoiler:
    Noone...let him live in our hearts and minds alone.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Conan O'brien as Roland.

I like your choice for The Tick Tock Man.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What Brice said.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    That can't happen....because Christopher Walken IS Flagg.
    Christopher Walken does good freaky guys, so I can see why you'd chose him. He has the acting chops but I actually think he looks a little too strange for Walter. Walter's normal face that is, i.e. the one he shows at the end of The Gunslinger. And Marten's face isn't much how I imagine Walken's either although he is probably closest. (Actually Flagg from Eyes of the dragon wouldn't be far off from Walken!)

As for the Stand version of Flagg, I thought the guy who played him in the mini-series looked pretty good. I imagine that incarnation more wolfish and volatile.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ladies and gentleman i give you eddie dean

imo anyways

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If that actor can do a jokey humorous character, maybe. Actually I think the guy who plays his brother in Supernatural would be a better fit, but I think they're both too pretty.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

agree that the other brother is too pretty for the part of eddie. But i was watching supernatural last night and it just struck me how much like eddie he was in my own mind.

I am only on series 2, so unsure how much he has aged/changed (dont want to start looking in case i come across spoilers)

Gunslinger Apprentice 19eye-rosecrow-gun is on a distinguished road 19eye-rosecrow-gun's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Not to be a total basher, but some of you had better not try becoming casting advisors. In any case, I don't think it will be as good as the books, but maybe it will give Harry Potter a run for its money. It will be cool to see Flagg take voldemort's place. I really hope they do a good job casting people.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    If that actor can do a jokey humorous character, maybe. Actually I think the guy who plays his brother in Supernatural would be a better fit, but I think they're both too pretty.

Either one of 'em in a nekkid gunfight is FINE by me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 254 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast