Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 254 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I though that at first too. But then I thought it was too quick to have the entire cast already when they just made the announcement.

I found it on deviantArt. Here's what the artist says
    Just a bit of fun. I cast the poster with who I thought should play each character for the film series. Reference for each actor was compiled through google and IMDB.
    http://ostrander.deviantart.com/#/d2yzdr5

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Well Disney kills off parents in their movies all of the time so at least they wouldn't have a problem showing Roland's parents dying.

edit: was referencing your signature, ALSO didn't realize the post I quoted was made so long ago. oops..

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BillyxRansom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Well Disney kills off parents in their movies all of the time so at least they wouldn't have a problem showing Roland's parents dying.

edit: was referencing your signature, ALSO didn't realize the post I quoted was made so long ago. oops..
    Did I miss something?

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

that's an awesome poster up there! even tho Oy looks really creepy to me (and like a lemur, like someone said). But cool poster - even tho its fake. but Joseph Gorden-Levitt as Eddie?!?!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a lot on my mind that I want to say about this project . . . A lot of what I want and what I want to see come to fruition . . . But for right now ill keep it brief . . .

Number one : please please please it might seem insignificant to some, but please cast an actor that can perform a proper brooklyn accent for eddie. He's my favorite character and being someone who's lived his whole life so close to nyc and has had friends from all of the 5 boros, this for some reason is important (I guess as good a word as any) to me. Please don't cast a british (no disrepect intended) actor or any actor for that matter who cannot make this happen.

second recommendation or requested hope would be better for me . . . . Id really like to see clint mansell hired to do the music for the series. His music was always in the back of my mind while reading the novels and the macabre and solemn nature of his composing would be a good fit for the dark tower. I always imagined "deatch is the road to awe" from the fountain playing during the ascent.

One last thing. . . . Please ron howard, on the face of your father, don't change the end.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    Number one : please cast an actor that can perform a proper brooklyn accent for eddie.
    Too late. They already cast Mel Gibson.

Kidding.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Arghhhhh....I hate to be the voice of doom, but I just don't see this working.

Even if the first movie is made....I just don't see enough interest in it to make a television series and two more movies.

I imagine that it took forever to sell LOTR as a three film series. Think of the commitment by the actors on this. From what I read, that commitment will be double or triple for TDT.

I could see this going the same route as Interview with the Vampire. They make one movie, and then they make some half-ass sequel with different actors.

This project may get off the ground....but it will crash and burn.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

John F. Kennedy Blaine Is A Pain is on a distinguished road

That is a nice looking poster! I am kind of late to the news but am excited for this. It will get a lot of hype for it's uniqueness. The whole movie to TV, back to the movie then back to TV, and finish with a movie. I kind of like it. It's better than a 7 movie commitment IMO.

Although I am worried about it all flowing well together. I am mainly worried about the TV series because it is limiting. It's limiting with language , scope, money and to a degree probably lesser talent. If they do want a big name type of star for some of these roles I can't see them wasting time on a TV series? Not that I want all A listers but there is a reason why they are called that because they are better than most people at what they do. Although there is a lot to be said for newcomers.

Nobody probably wanted to tackle 7 films as that ties up way too much money for a studio and too much time for a crew, directors, etc. It sounds like may this way we will get more of the complete overall story in all these forms.

I gotta give Howard props for at least trying it and admitting it will be a challenge of a lifetime. I know some don't even want this attempted but it was going to happen. There is just too much money to be had as a potential franchise there. If it bombs well it bombs. We always have the books and yet another one coming up here from King shortly. If it does well then there is everything for everyone to gain. It does bring his story to a broader audience that may not know about these books at all.

Get ready for the merchandising to. There will undoubtedly be a video game coming out. LOL!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I could see this going the same route as Interview with the Vampire. They make one movie, and then they make some half-ass sequel with different actors.
    I liked those sequels.
    . . . Please ron howard, on the face of your father, don't change the end.
    Actually, I'm hoping that he will.
    ... please cast an actor that can perform a proper brooklyn accent for eddie. ...
    Isn't there an alternate world where Eddie's not even from Brooklyn at all?

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Number one : please cast an actor that can perform a proper brooklyn accent for eddie.
    Too late. They already cast Mel Gibson.

Kidding.
    given the mad max movies I think Gibson would be an interesting actor to see in the dark tower movies

as flagg

so not kidding either
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Is A Pain View Post
    That is a nice looking poster! I am kind of late to the news but am excited for this. It will get a lot of hype for it's uniqueness. The whole movie to TV, back to the movie then back to TV, and finish with a movie. I kind of like it. It's better than a 7 movie commitment IMO.

Although I am worried about it all flowing well together. I am mainly worried about the TV series because it is limiting. It's limiting with language , scope, money and to a degree probably lesser talent. If they do want a big name type of star for some of these roles I can't see them wasting time on a TV series? Not that I want all A listers but there is a reason why they are called that because they are better than most people at what they do. Although there is a lot to be said for newcomers.

Nobody probably wanted to tackle 7 films as that ties up way too much money for a studio and too much time for a crew, directors, etc. It sounds like may this way we will get more of the complete overall story in all these forms.

I gotta give Howard props for at least trying it and admitting it will be a challenge of a lifetime. I know some don't even want this attempted but it was going to happen. There is just too much money to be had as a potential franchise there. If it bombs well it bombs. We always have the books and yet another one coming up here from King shortly. If it does well then there is everything for everyone to gain. It does bring his story to a broader audience that may not know about these books at all.

Get ready for the merchandising to. There will undoubtedly be a video game coming out. LOL!
    I think that there should be lots of merchandising for the Dark Tower Movie/TV series. There could be Dark Tower action figures. (I could just picture Roland and Oy dolls!)

Maybe there could even be a Dark Tower Gunslinger clothing line. Everybody would be dressing up like Roland!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, in an alternate universe, co-op city, eddies apt building is in the bronx, not brooklyn. Eddie is still from brooklyn.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Is A Pain View Post
    The series and films will all be part of onelong story. That leads me to believe that the actors they choose will be there for the long haul through both films and series. The second series will probably be an exception as it will be about young Roland, so no doubt they'll have another actor for him.

As for 'A-listers' I actually think it would be better to employed new up and comers for the very reason that they might not want to commit to both films and series. (On the other hand the unique hybrid nature of the project might be novelty for an 'A-lister'.) I'd like to say though that just because an actor isn't that famous doesn't mean that they are less talented than a 'A-lister'. Neither are all 'A-Listers' necessarily that good. Talent is very spread out across the board, and plenty of talented actors just haven't hit the big time yet through no fault of their own.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I think that there should be lots of merchandising for the Dark Tower Movie/TV series. There could be Dark Tower action figures. (I could just picture Roland and Oy dolls!)

Maybe there could even be a Dark Tower Gunslinger clothing line. Everybody would be dressing up like Roland!
    ::hangs himself::

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post

::hangs himself::
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjEdWTk1l9o"]YouTube - Spaceballs Merchandising Scene[/ame]
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Space-balls- The Flamethrower. The kids love that one."

Heh.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Brooks was directly satirizing Lucasfilm... which deserved it. Does King? Probably. Maybe not quite so much, but yeah: this project may put his name over the top. Perhaps we'll see a parody some day with Roland reaching the Tower to meet a peddler of plush Cujo dolls and wind-up Pennywise toys.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

...because there's only one alternate universe, after all...

I'm just saying I think it makes sense, given the nature of the series, for a different telling of The Dark Tower to have features unique to the specific telling. These days, I believe poetic license matters more than strict continuity: it gives us better fiction in the more important senses.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, to each their own then.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

What? No Spaceballs: The Toilet Paper!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Brooks was directly satirizing Lucasfilm... which deserved it. Does King? Probably. Maybe not quite so much, but yeah: this project may put his name over the top. Perhaps we'll see a parody some day with Roland reaching the Tower to meet a peddler of plush Cujo dolls and wind-up Pennywise toys.
    I know! There could be Dark Tower Beanie Babies! Pennywise beanie babies! Oy would actually make a very cute beanie baby!

Traveler shuabert is on a distinguished road shuabert's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had the following cast in mind while reading the novels:

Roland: Obviously I was picturing a young Eastwood, since that's who the character was based on, but the only person I can really picture pulling off that world-weary character is Viggo Mortensen.

Jake: He's the hardest to pin down because good child actors are so hard to come by, and he has to carry a lot of moments in this story. He's very young in the book, but I imagine they'll bump up his age a bit for the films. So why not Kodi Smit-McPhee. After all, he's worked with Viggo before as a father/son team, so this should be an easy role for him to step into.

Eddie: Freddy Rodríguez is 35, but he has a face that could pass for ten years younger. He also has the cocky New Yorker down pat, as he showed in Ugly Betty. Since he's a smaller-name actor they could get him for cheap to balance out what they would likely pay for Viggo.

Susanna: I have recently gotten into True Blood, and I like the suggestion of Rutina Wesley that's been thrown around. But when I was reading the novels I was picturing Taraji P. Henson. She's 12 years younger than Angel Bassett, but with the same fierceness. She's Oscar-nominated, but not a huge name, so she could be someone realistically castable.

There also has to be a role for Michael Emerson in there somewhere, simply because he's brilliant. Calvin Tower, perhaps?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it might be nice if things actually worked that way. Like if in reality each had their own alternate universe where filmmakers care most about the opinions of each type.

On the other hand, it may be truly for the best to just have a world in which some people get totally screwed.

It's kind of hard to say.

Country
    Country Flag

On thinking about possible changes between the film/TV project and the books, it occurs to me that I wouldn't mind seeing some different stuff, even plots, as long as the main things remain the same. I'm thinking particularly of the series here which has much more time and space to manoeuvre than the films. (There's nothing to say stuff didn't happen between some of the books.) As someone who has read all the books and comics published so far, I pretty much know the story after all, so a few new stories would be welcome.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

"We go to the mall and we go from store to store.
    Everybody seems to be wasting time, until death walks through the door.
    Then you look at all your merchandise
    and you see we've paid too high a price."
    ~ Garrison Keillor,
    "The Day Is Short"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 254 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast