Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have NO plans on seeing any DT movie. I prefer the pictures in my head as I read the book to those on a screen almost all the time. I've been disappointed too many times by movies made of King's materials to be optimistic. There are some exceptions (Shawshank, Green Mile, Stand By Me) but those are just too scarce.
    That's exactly how I feel, John.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sorry, but this has got "fail" written all over it.
    oh, you noticed that too?
    ?????
    I mean, I thought exactly the same when I read about it. But very few people seem to share this apprehension.
    Well, NBC is better than ABC, but it's still not HBO...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I came up with this in another DT film thread:

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm thinking, if they say Season Two will deal with the young Roland (DT4, Eluria, and the comics), then the layout of the series might look this way:

Film One - The Gunslinger/The Drawing of the Three
    TV Season One - The Waste Lands
    Film Two - Wolves of the Calla/Song of Susannah
    TV Season Two - Wizard and Glass, etc.
    Film Three - The Dark Tower
    I saw that, but I'm not fully convinced that that's how it'll play out. For example, why make The Waste Lands into the first season of the TV series? And why have the Wizard and Glass flashback AFTER Wolves of the Calla and Song of Susannah?

I mean, I had what I thought were good reasons for divvying up the three movies when I thought I knew what they were going to do....

I agree with you about not having Wizard and Glass after the other two. They should go in order.

But I think the problem is that The Gunslinger isn't quite long enough to make into a single movie by itself. I think they'll have to use at least part of The Drawing of the Three to fill it out.

Although with them saying that the second TV season would focus on a young Roland, I'm not sure how much they'll have to stretch things out to fill in 2 movies plus a full TV season.

Although maybe I'm wrong about The Gunslinger not being long enough. They managed to get Shawshank and Stand By Me from novellas.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Well, technically that's only the flashback from Wizard and Glass but I do think that belongs in order even though it's chronologically earlier....

And that goes without saying, that The Gunslinger alone isn't long enough for one movie. My original thought was that the first film would consist of the first two volumes and halfway into the third, the second film would be the second half of the third, the fourth (minus the flashback), and perhaps into the fifth before the battle against the Wolves, while the third film would have that battle and continue into the last two volumes.

But now it's looking like that's NOT how it's going to be....

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Although maybe I'm wrong about The Gunslinger not being long enough. They managed to get Shawshank and Stand By Me from novellas.
    True, but the majority of The Gunslinger was Roland walking through the desert and telling a story to the nomad (What was his name again? His bird was Zoltan, but him...no clue). You could easily cut out the flashbacks - and include them in the W&G ones - and have him just find Jake at the Waystation and have them chase Walter under the Mountains. Then cut right to the Drawings at the Beach.

Or, I think I saw someone propose the idea that they skip the Jake/Waystation plot all together to avoid confusion with the whole "split worlds" plot in Wastelands. Either way...I don't see how they wouldn't include DOTT in the first movie, if not even the ever beginning of Wastlands.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why would they try to make the story of the first novel longer when everyone's already complaining that the series as a whole is too long to be treated well without more films than what they're doing?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Actually, I look forward to watch them. No matter if they're good or bad, they won't change the picture the books made in my head. And if they're good: better!
    This sums up my thoughts on the matter perfectly.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    True, but the majority of The Gunslinger was Roland walking through the desert and telling a story to the nomad (What was his name again? His bird was Zoltan, but him...no clue).
    Brown, I think it was. And that part, in fact the whole part of Tull...you could easily cut that part out, I think. I can't think of anything that could be cut out of DotT, but with the Gunslinger, you could shorten that down considerably and leave a shit load of room for DotT to be told considerably well.

Still, we'll have to wait and see what the makers of this have really got planned for their movie/tv series adaptation idea. It'll be interesting to see how they're gonna go about it, that's for sure!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't cut out Tull, its one of the best parts.
    For me it established how evil the man in black really was, as well as showing Roland's skill as a gunslinger. It made me want to keep reading.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still kind of worried about the jumping from TV to Film and back, but other than that I'm so freakin' excited.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger Bourne
    Oh, and my pick for Sussanah is Rutina Wesly from "True Blood."
    I think she would be a great choice for Suze. I've been watching True Blood and she totally has the chops.
    I agree. Good choice. She can do feisty, vulnerable, and I'm sure she can be Odetta sweet if she puts her mind to it. If this were done a few years back I would suggest Gina Torres (she from Firefly and Serenity if you can't place her) but she's a bit too old for the role now.

As for people's worries about people keeping up with the films and series, I can understand the worry, although I still think it's a great idea to cover the material. I think the producers need to try and find a way of keeping the two self contained. I understand they're all part of the same ongoing story, but as long as they provide 'story so far' recaps at the start of the series episodes and films I think this will be doable. With the exception of the last two books, each book focusses on a specific sub story within the overall, um, story anyway, so the films and series can follow suit.

Done the right way the two mediums could increase the amount of viewers.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If there's an actual guarantee - ideally, signed in blood - that there will be 3 movies and 2 seasons, no matter what the ratings are or the box office revenue is, then I can be allowed to look forward to this. If the story gets interrupted and never allowed to finish, however, because of something as stupid as low ratings? Fuck that, i'll stick with looking forward to the Judge Dredd adaptation in the works.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Sorry, but this has got "fail" written all over it.
    oh, you noticed that too?
    ?????
    I mean, I thought exactly the same when I read about it. But very few people seem to share this apprehension.
    Well, NBC is better than ABC, but it's still not HBO...
    ABC had lost on it, i'm still dissapointed that damon and carlton walked away from doing the dark dark
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

well i'm excited, people argued you could not do it in a film, people argued you could not do it in a series. So we get both

I think they can do it - IF they do it right. Imagine Lost being a few seasons shorter and having films in the middle? I think that would have worked. I also look to Stargate in that, ok its slightly different in that it started with a film went to a series and ended with 2 films, but ... it worked.

I keep my fingers crossed that this is done with love and not done as a blockbuster

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have NO plans on seeing any DT movie. I prefer the pictures in my head as I read the book to those on a screen almost all the time.

John
    That's what I thought when the The Lord of the Rings movies were being announced.
    Boy, was I wrong.
    So, I'll definitely give the DT adaptations a chance.

sk
    It's what I thought too when The Lord Of The Rings movies were announced.

Boy, was I right.

I doubt I'll watch them. Maybe in time I'll warm to the idea, but basically people will have to rave incessantly about them before I'll even consider watching. Then I might maybe break down and watch...and regret it.

Well, they ain't done yet. There is still hope it'll all fall apart.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There was many Lord of the Rings movies made over the years before Jackson made his trilogy. It could be the same with The Dark Tower.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope this doesn't turn out to be our bakshi film

i mean the actual bakshi film was great but the rankin bass hobbit and return of the king are tripe, bakshis' take on the lord of the rings is a failed masterpiece, 1/3 gold 2/3 junk

i hope this succeeds so much
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The Rankin-Bass Hobbit was great!

But yeah, the RotK was terrible..."Frodo of the nine fingers, and the ring of gold..." Ugh.

The animated Lord of the Rings deserved a conclusion...but I was def. not a fan of the 'rotoscope' animation techniqe.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what if your prayer is heard, candy? what if it is a flop full of luv?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

better a flop done correctly than a big blockbuster that doesn't tell the true story.

In all honesty, yes i am excited by the prospect of seeing this on the big and small screen, but in the same breathe if it doesn't get made **shrugs**

if its gets cancelled half way through for being a flop (because its true to the story) then thats ok with me too. I know how it ends

but thats actually true, whereas with a lot of series that do get canceled i have never known how it ends and these characters are floating around with no resolution.

so, yes honey i still prefer it to be done properly even if that means it flops than to be done in a big showy way with tom cruise playing roland and zac effron as eddie just cause it sells seats

I am now departing as i realise i am on medical drugs and alcohol and stopped making sense two sentences ago

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

no, I didn't mean "done properly". I meant, sometimes prayers are heard literally (remember that old Monkey's Paw story)... a film full of love, Disney-style... and a flop at that.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

"THE Dark Tower Movie Thread" Yeah, right!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I must have really bad vision, the thread title doesn't look like it's in all caps and in bold

Besides, this thread was the first of it's kind

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, I hear ya. Just saying; I'm not finding it easy to keep up...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I seem to have not much patience . I'm just reading a thread about making a film, and I'm getting all excited .

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast