View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 247 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247
Results 6,151 to 6,156 of 6156

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Goldmember webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Watching the IT remake just reminded me and reinforced how sad I was watching TDT...
    So far off the mark.. why dont these "professional's" every listen to the fans???
    Alan Moore said, "If the audience knew what they wanted, they wouldn't be the audience." Maybe harsh but essentially true.

King has millions of fans. Whose opinion should the studios listen to? It's frustrating to see good books ruined but how many fans out of those millions have experience with photography, screenwriting, etc?

It 2 seems okay at best and I'll wait for the DVD.
    No go to the theatre... its far better than ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When the audience loves the source material and rejects the adaptation, yeah - they know something. They can't make the movie, but they can point the way.
    Happy Bring Civilization to North America day!

The Hound CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Alan Moore said, "If the audience knew what they wanted, they wouldn't be the audience." Maybe harsh but essentially true.

King has millions of fans. Whose opinion should the studios listen to? It's frustrating to see good books ruined but how many fans out of those millions have experience with photography, screenwriting, etc?
    Well Stephen King himself apparently warned them that they were making a big mistake by starting out of order but they didn't listen to him. And I imagine fans like Frank Darabont or Mike Flanagan could have done it justice. Both expressed interest in doing the DT film. Darabont did a Stephen King film that's still being talked about over a decade later (edit: I'm largely referring to The Mist here but obviously Shawshank Redemption is considered to be one of the greatest films ever made). Flanagan took a story that was considered to be both one of King's weakest novels and unfilmable to boot and turned something in that received widespread critical acclaim.

Meanwhile the director they picked said Roland was being guided by "Char" (which is death) as opposed to "Ka" so you can tell how much of a fan he actually was.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That is generally true but not always. People hated the adaptation of Alan Moore's From Hell. It was only loosely based on the book etc. Well, okay, here's Watchmen. Nah, that's a too literal adaptation.

Is there a unifying voice speaking for millions of fans with a singular vision of what an adaptation should be like? Until we achieve such Borg-like groupthink we're always going to have to listen to the audience whose opinions the filmmakers didn't listen to. It's the too many chefs in the kitchen syndrome.

Keep in mind you're talking to someone who subscribes to the theory that the book isn't always better, only mostly.

Cyber: yes, they 100% should've listened to King.

Servant of Gan RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised at how no one has commented on the synopsis in that article posted about the director that makes it sound like they are changing Roland's origin story.
    Spoiler:
    Roland is chasing Martin and Steven is trying to find him. What? Does he even do the right of passage/test to become a gunslinger? When does he has time to fall for Susan if he is in pursuit of the MIB?

I hope they don't screw this up like the movie.

The Hound CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At this point I'm not expecting complete faithfulness. Even if you had Mike Flanagan or Frank Darabont on board there would still be a number of significant changes.

If it's say on par with the It movies in terms of following the books and King doesn't try to insult my intelligence by pretending this is somehow in canon with the series like he did with the first film (seriously what a crock of bullshit he tried feeding us there) then I will at least give it a passing grade.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 247 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247