Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 254 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill mentioned in an interview that King was downright giddy about 'It' for six months up until the release, like he'd always bring it up in conversations with people. And he'd do stuff like putting red balloons in his house at home or Pennywise signs on his front lawn. So you could tell he was genuinely excited.

Conversely his promo for DT was in contrast fairly tepid PR stuff. Given that DT is arguably his most important work, I kind of have to wonder if his actual feelings for the film were positive.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sooo... watching it for the first time right now. I’ll edit the post later with more thoughts but everything I’ve seen so far confirms that the “next time around” bit was bullshit. The machinations of ‘portals’, Blue Heaven (kids being strapped in chairs and blasting the tower?), the backstory (Steven’s fate), etc. If they had just said “this is an adaptation” that would be one thing. But reconciling it with the novels is impossible.

One thing that really stuck out was Sayre calling MiB “Walter Padick” instead of “o’Dim” It wouldn’t surprise me if the screenwriter just glanced at the wiki as there’s no way someone like Sayre would know that name or Walter would be indifferent to its usage.

Edit: So as for the film itself... well I don’t have much new to add that hasn’t already been said but the film felt very bland. I felt very little investment in the characters or plot. Honestly my favorite part was probably the bonus feature with Matthew narrating the opening scene of The Gunslinger. I’d like to see him do an audiobook.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

King had some interesting comments re: the DT film in an Entertainment Weekly interview http://ew.com/books/2017/12/22/steph...s-of-the-year/ originally posted here by Bev Vincent (thanks Bev) http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1091394:

"...I liked some of the casting choices for it." Some - I find that word interesting.

"I liked everybody involved with that movie...I’m always careful what I say about it."

"The real problem, as far as I’m concerned is, they went in to this movie and I think this was a studio edict, pretty much, this is going to be a PG-13 movie...and when they did that, I think that they lost a lot of the toughness of it and it became something where people went to it and said, Well yeah, but it’s really not anything that we haven’t seen before."

"There was a decision made, too, to start it pretty much in the middle, and when they actually made the movie I had doubts about it from the beginning, and expressed them, and didn’t really get too far...I thought to myself, Well, people are going to be really puzzled by this, and they were."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

There was a decision made, too, to start it pretty much in the middle, and when they actually made the movie I had doubts about it from the beginning, and expressed them, and didn’t really get too far...
    Given Akiva Goldsman's involvement I'm not surprised.

I think this was a studio edict pretty much: this is going to be a PG-13 movie. It’s going to be a tentpole movie. We want to make sure that we get people in there from the ages of, let’s say, 12 right on up to whatever the target age is. Let’s say 12 to 35. That’s what we want.
    Yeah that pretty much confirms my initial expectations of a lack of respect for the source material.

'It' wasn't perfect but that the director said "This needs to be an R-rated horror movie that's longer than two hours" and the studio went "That sounds great" as opposed to wanting it to be cut down to 90 minutes and/or made into a PG-13 film says to me they at least got what made the novel a success in the first place.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Dark Tower TV Show May Begin Filming This Summer

Omega Underground is reporting that The Dark Tower TV show will begin production this summer in both the UK and Ireland. Like Game of Thrones, it’s likely the show will utilize some of the unique landscapes in the area to bring the world of King’s books to life. By doing so, it can create a more alien world without crossing over to ours like the movie.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Omega Underground is reporting that The Dark Tower TV show will begin production this summer in both the UK and Ireland. Like Game of Thrones, it’s likely the show will utilize some of the unique landscapes in the area to bring the world of King’s books to life. By doing so, it can create a more alien world without crossing over to ours like the movie.
    If it does come to pass; hopefully a new thread will be created to discuss it and the project will be worthwhile.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We can dream that the cable product will be better than the movie. I hope that whoever is responsible for this has passion for the source material and the resources to make this right. The movie was a slow motion train wreck so there is really nowhere to go but up...unless they pull a The Mist or a UTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

If it does come to pass; hopefully a new thread will be created to discuss it and the project will be worthwhile.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    We can dream that the cable product will be better than the movie. I hope that whoever is responsible for this has passion for the source material and the resources to make this right. The movie was a slow motion train wreck so there is really nowhere to go but up...unless they pull a The Mist or a UTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Ah, c'mon Ben. It wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be. With a train wreck, there's virtually nothing to salvage. I could understand "fourteen-car pileup"...even if I don't agree with it.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    The movie was a slow motion train wreck so there is really nowhere to go but up...unless they pull a The Mist or a UTD.
    Heh I'd say UTD was a little bit better, if only for Dean Norris.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Funko Pop sale, Dark Tower for $2.99 each plus shipping

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/kijn/
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Was going to get Walter because why not but eek at that shipping.

My Collection

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Was going to get Walter because why not but eek at that shipping.

Should still be easy to find at Barnes & Noble.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am surprised that nobody mentionned it yet, but according to DEADLINE, Amazon Studios bought the rights /devleops the DARK TOWER tv series !
    >>> http://deadline.com/2018/02/culture-...ly-1202297416/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am surprised that nobody mentionned it yet, but according to DEADLINE, Amazon Studios bought the rights /devleops the DARK TOWER tv series !
    >>> http://deadline.com/2018/02/culture-...ly-1202297416/
    Lord Of the Rings, The Dark Tower, Wheel of Time, and Ringworld... Damn, go big or go home.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's amazing how much traction this "announcement" is getting, despite the fact that it's unconfirmed by any other source and buried deep in an article about something else!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's amazing how much traction this "announcement" is getting, despite the fact that it's unconfirmed by any other source and buried deep in an article about something else!
    Actually, I could swear I saw an announcement somewhere stating that this is indeed happening at Amazon Prime. Got a director and start date as I recall. Maybe we can finally have some hope it gets good treatment this time. The piece said they were chalking up the movie to an AR and proceeding as a series. Dare we hope, again? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some things, you need to do wrong before you do right.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll never hope again.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-d...ming-to-amazon

Here's an article that I read yesterday. Although the sources for it are all pretty old. It references the original article posted here, an interview from King from last October and another article from August of last year.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It took over a decade last time to get the thing off the ground. I'm not holding my breath. Especially after whatever that was showed up in theatres.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Deadline is usually quite relevant, hence why when I shared the news myself I always used conditional words.
    But then, the information hasnt really been shared that much !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's to hoping.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Country
    Country Flag

And the project is confirmed as being worked on for amazon
    > http://www.wheeloftime.tv/2018/04/he...n-studios.html

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will be interesting. Hopeful.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon definitely have money to invest in projects that they believe in.

They are willing to throw up to 1 billion dollars for creating 3 seasons of the chinese SF saga of "the three body problem", and half of another one for a lord of the rings series
    > https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-amazo...win-1824110293

+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 254 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 ... LastLast