View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    84 76.36%
  • No

    26 23.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 244 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 6078

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

  1. #6001
    Maerlyn's Imp Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    I contributed to that statistic this past weekend. I never actually got around to watching it in the theaters, but I figure I'll spend $20 to watch it on my couch and get all the extras that come with the blu-ray.

    I think this shows how much the die-hards really want to like this movie and want to see them get it right. Even if it means starting over again.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

  2. #6002
    Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of the headstone.
    Posts
    5,954
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    That is good I suppose. I don't have a burning desire to buy the DVD and have not yet. Being a fan of SK I will probably eventually buy it however if I do I don't plan on watching it again. This is not a passive aggressive protest I just didn't enjoy the movie enough to watch it again.
    Move along. Nothing to see here.

  3. #6003
    Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    377
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Glad to hear/read it. Every little bit of support for this franchise matters.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

  4. #6004
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    11,278
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Glad to hear/read it. Every little bit of support for this franchise matters.
    It does? What franchise? It is about as dead as it comes...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  5. #6005
    Maerlyn's Imp Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Glad to hear/read it. Every little bit of support for this franchise matters.
    It does? What franchise? It is about as dead as it comes...
    I would disagree. This tells me that there is a significant number of people that still want to see this franchise do well. We are desperate for something to spend our money on. Hopefully the movie studio will look at this and realize that if they can make this much money on a movie that was considered "bad", just imagine how much they could make on a movie that's actually considered good.

    It's been mentioned before that if done right, this has the potential to be the next LOTR or Harry Potter. The interest is there.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

  6. #6006
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    11,278
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Glad to hear/read it. Every little bit of support for this franchise matters.
    It does? What franchise? It is about as dead as it comes...
    I would disagree. This tells me that there is a significant number of people that still want to see this franchise do well. We are desperate for something to spend our money on. Hopefully the movie studio will look at this and realize that if they can make this much money on a movie that was considered "bad", just imagine how much they could make on a movie that's actually considered good.

    It's been mentioned before that if done right, this has the potential to be the next LOTR or Harry Potter. The interest is there.
    The interest is there. I Totally agree wit that... BUT not in the work that was done here. And if you look at the numbers... it really wasn't a smash DVD hit. Just was no competition. It could be the next LOTR.. def NOT Potter... the DT is not geared at kids like that is. I would match this more up with Game of Thrones than anything... and that hit the mark cause it is good. And they used the TV medium which made for room. What we got last summer... is dead and no one cares. Not enough people anyways to make a difference.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  7. #6007
    The Hound CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,287
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I would disagree. This tells me that there is a significant number of people that still want to see this franchise do well. We are desperate for something to spend our money on. Hopefully the movie studio will look at this and realize that if they can make this much money on a movie that was considered "bad", just imagine how much they could make on a movie that's actually considered good.
    Well debuting at #1 by itself only means so much. The film debuted at the box office at #1 as well and it was still considered to be a bomb.

    Looking at the other movies that came out on DVD at the same time as DT they didn't have a whole lot of high-level competition. There was a rerelease of Terminator 2 (a 26 year old film that's had a gazillion releases on DVD at this point) and Halle Berry's 'Kidnap'.

    It's very rare for a film that flopped in theaters to become a big success on home video. Even the ones that do -- stuff like Blade Runner, Donnie Darko, Fight Club, etc -- usually end up becoming cult favorites as opposed to real mainstream successes (as the unfortunate flopping of the Blade Runner sequel can attest to).


    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

    My Collection

  8. #6008
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    11,278
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I would disagree. This tells me that there is a significant number of people that still want to see this franchise do well. We are desperate for something to spend our money on. Hopefully the movie studio will look at this and realize that if they can make this much money on a movie that was considered "bad", just imagine how much they could make on a movie that's actually considered good.
    Well debuting at #1 by itself only means so much. The film debuted at the box office at #1 as well and it was still considered to be a bomb.

    Looking at the other movies that came out on DVD at the same time as DT they didn't have a whole lot of high-level competition. There was a rerelease of Terminator 2 (a 26 year old film that's had a gazillion releases on DVD at this point) and Halle Berry's 'Kidnap'.

    It's very rare for a film that flopped in theaters to become a big success on home video. Even the ones that do -- stuff like Blade Runner, Donnie Darko, Fight Club, etc -- usually end up becoming cult favorites as opposed to real mainstream successes (as the unfortunate flopping of the Blade Runner sequel can attest to).
    Ironically King's arguably best adaptation Shawshank (IT is my all top fav then this) was a flop at the theater... so i agree with you totally it is VERY rare.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  9. #6009
    Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    377
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Glad to hear/read it. Every little bit of support for this franchise matters.
    It does? What franchise? It is about as dead as it comes...
    I was referring to the The Dark Tower IP outside of King's novels in general as opposed to specifically the recent live-action adaptation plus its proposed sequels.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

  10. #6010
    Can Toi Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,070
    My Mood
    Dead

    Default

    This been posted yet?


  11. #6011
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    19,979
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Beat me to it

  12. #6012
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    38,389
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Watched the first 5 minutes and it's funny, and pretty much correct.

  13. #6013
    Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    377
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Is there a "How The Dark Tower should have ended" video as of yet?
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

  14. #6014
    Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dartford. Another borderlands place.
    Posts
    1,656
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Heh. Really good point about the 'throwing shoe' bit. I felt he was way nitpicking a lot of those points though, but it was amusing, overall.

  15. #6015
    Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,520
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    #dogsbreakfast
    Wanted
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

    A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

    Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

  16. #6016
    The Hound CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,287
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Ironically King's arguably best adaptation Shawshank (IT is my all top fav then this) was a flop at the theater... so i agree with you totally it is VERY rare.
    Yeah it's and one of those things that probably couldn't happen today. Shawshank became one of the top-rented films of the year because Warner Bros shipped out a huge amount of rental copies. Nowadays with digital streaming when you can watch any film anytime and places like Blockbuster being a thing of the past. Also TNT was able to air the film for cheap so they aired it constantly which also helped quite a bit.


    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

    My Collection

  17. #6017
    The Mad Titan fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,309
    My Mood
    Pensive

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    #dogsbreakfast
    had to look this up, had no idea what it meant lol.
    In time, you will know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right. Yet to fail all the same.
    Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.


    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  18. #6018
    Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    europes wastelands
    Posts
    1,098
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    #dogsbreakfast... haha

  19. #6019
    Word Slinger Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,733

    Default

    GUNSLINGER BURRITOS INSPIRED BY STEPHEN KING’S THE DARK TOWER

    Who knew collard greens would be so difficult to find in Singapore? Well, now I do. I didn’t manage to procure them in the end, so the chefs at Mahota Commune recommended I substitute it with Swiss chard, and it turns out that these leafy greens with vibrantly coloured stems added a much-needed burst of colour to our otherwise innocuous-looking wraps.

    The leaves form the most essential part of Cassandra Reeder’s Gunslinger Burrito recipe, which is inspired by Stephen King’s Dark Tower. Her recipe also used venison and chanterelle mushrooms, although she did make a note that I should be able to make any substitutions I like. I took her up on this and used beef and oyster mushrooms instead. I started with prepping the steak, since the recipe requires it to brine for an hour at room temperature. The mushrooms, green onions and garlic needed as trimmings can be prepared while waiting for the hour to pass, which is easy enough for any beginner cook—just chop them up and fry them. At the end of it, all I really needed to do was grill the meat and construct the “burrito”.

    Serves 2 | Level: EASY | Total time: 1.5 hours

    gunslinger burrito

    8 ounces (225 g) venison backstrap or other lean game meat, trimmed and brought to room temperature
    19 pinches (1 tsp) salt
    1 tbsp lard or other animal fat
    ¼ cup (40 g) wild onion or 2 green onions, chopped
    1 tsp wild garlic or 1 clove regular garlic, minced
    1 cup (100 g) porcini or chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
    2 large collard green leaves, stems removed

    Brine the venison by coating it with the salt and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour. Then shake off the salt and pat the steaks dry with a paper towel.
    Preheat the grill or a griddle to hot, then grill the steaks for 15–20 minutes or until medium to medium-rare. Test the steak using your fingers—if it’s too soft when you poke it, it’s not done, and if it’s hard when you poke it, it’s overdone. You want just a bit of give when you poke it. When done, let the steak rest.
    Melt the lard or other fat in a skillet on medium-high heat, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until they soften. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are brown and juicy.
    Now that the steak has rested, slice it into ½-inch (13 mm) slices.
    Now construct the Gunslinger Burrito. Take each collard green leaf and spread it out. Top with the sliced venison and the sautéed onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Roll up like a burrito and eat like a gunslinger!

  20. #6020
    Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    377
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Grape leaves also work :-).

    https://imgur.com/gallery/r5eRx
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

  21. #6021
    Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    europes wastelands
    Posts
    1,098
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    GUNSLINGER BURRITOS INSPIRED BY STEPHEN KING’S THE DARK TOWER

    Who knew collard greens would be so difficult to find in Singapore? Well, now I do. I didn’t manage to procure them in the end, so the chefs at Mahota Commune recommended I substitute it with Swiss chard, and it turns out that these leafy greens with vibrantly coloured stems added a much-needed burst of colour to our otherwise innocuous-looking wraps.

    The leaves form the most essential part of Cassandra Reeder’s Gunslinger Burrito recipe, which is inspired by Stephen King’s Dark Tower. Her recipe also used venison and chanterelle mushrooms, although she did make a note that I should be able to make any substitutions I like. I took her up on this and used beef and oyster mushrooms instead. I started with prepping the steak, since the recipe requires it to brine for an hour at room temperature. The mushrooms, green onions and garlic needed as trimmings can be prepared while waiting for the hour to pass, which is easy enough for any beginner cook—just chop them up and fry them. At the end of it, all I really needed to do was grill the meat and construct the “burrito”.

    Serves 2 | Level: EASY | Total time: 1.5 hours

    gunslinger burrito

    8 ounces (225 g) venison backstrap or other lean game meat, trimmed and brought to room temperature
    19 pinches (1 tsp) salt
    1 tbsp lard or other animal fat
    ¼ cup (40 g) wild onion or 2 green onions, chopped
    1 tsp wild garlic or 1 clove regular garlic, minced
    1 cup (100 g) porcini or chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
    2 large collard green leaves, stems removed

    Brine the venison by coating it with the salt and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour. Then shake off the salt and pat the steaks dry with a paper towel.
    Preheat the grill or a griddle to hot, then grill the steaks for 15–20 minutes or until medium to medium-rare. Test the steak using your fingers—if it’s too soft when you poke it, it’s not done, and if it’s hard when you poke it, it’s overdone. You want just a bit of give when you poke it. When done, let the steak rest.
    Melt the lard or other fat in a skillet on medium-high heat, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until they soften. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are brown and juicy.
    Now that the steak has rested, slice it into ½-inch (13 mm) slices.
    Now construct the Gunslinger Burrito. Take each collard green leaf and spread it out. Top with the sliced venison and the sautéed onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Roll up like a burrito and eat like a gunslinger!
    If you touch your thumb and middle finger together and press down (with your other hand) on the fleshy part of your hand at the base of your thumb, that is how your steak should feel if its med-rare! Sounds to me like this burrito needs a little melted cheese, like a spicy cheddar...

  22. #6022
    CAUTION! : IRRITANT! Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon is a splendid one to behold Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,277
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I always thought "gunslinger burritos" was a sexual thing.


    Maybe I should rethink the whole investment in "tortilla condoms" and "spicy " lube.
    You know it's not only mad men who listen to fools.

  23. #6023
    Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    6,352
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Gotta love where this thread has gone to
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

  24. #6024
    Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    europes wastelands
    Posts
    1,098
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Tortilla flavoured... not sure it would take off.

  25. #6025
    Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,520
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    #dogsbreakfast
    had to look this up, had no idea what it meant lol.
    It is an English idiom, also used by other colonies of the British Empire. I picked it up from an Aussie mate of mine.

    My personal definition tends to be a little darker than the one on the internet, which is pretty much "a complete mess, mish-mash, hodgepodge or something that has gone very badly where the outcome wasn’t what was intended to be"

    You see a dog is such a opportunist of an omnivore that he will eat his own vomit. Lap it up right after he puked it up like it was ham & eggs or something. While humans view this behavior in horror (although some of our eating habits and what we put in our bodies are kind of vile too, lol) a dog looks at it as a great boon (kind of like the hobbit "SECOND BREAKFAST" quip from the LOTR films) and will normally eat it right back up even if he has to do it with a sheepish look on his face if he knows he is not supposed to do it (a rule imposed by a human master... a dog would NEVER have second thoughts about enjoying a "second breakfast")

    I'm not trying to characterize folks who enjoyed this film as actual canids who are consuming their own spew, but more the personal degree of disgust that I felt with the adaptation of my favorite story and property, which was evident that it would most probably be a failure from very far off.

    Here is an interesting article I pulled up in googling the phrase too:

    http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/07/ma...breakfast.html
    Wanted
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

    A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

    Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 244 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts