Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 254 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do we have any idea of why CHARLIE THE CHOO CHOO was released since it wasnt in the book?
    Was it originally planned for the february cut and then taken off it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    There is a brief glimpse of Charlie in one of the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Do we have any idea of why CHARLIE THE CHOO CHOO was released since it wasnt in the book?

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Ben Staad;1073759]
    Spoiler:

I missed it, can you share which one?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=TravelinJack;1073771]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Spoiler:

I missed it, can you share which one?
    Unless I saw something incorrectly...

Spoiler:
    It was when Jake wanders slightly off when they enter the forest and he sees the Pennywise marquee. Right around there somewhere.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

From what I remember:

Spoiler:
    When Jake is running through the old theme park from the demon/monster. He runs past it. It is a quick glance, but I saw it. Very brief. Looked like a little kid ride with the front painted in that evil looking grin.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-dark...ey-1202144404/
    There was an unusual question in the exit survey for The Dark Tower this weekend, with moviegoers asked whether they were interested in a Dark Tower TV series. It was included in the survey by MRC, which is set to co-produce the series with Sony TV. The result was that 83% of The Dark Tower film audience indicated that they were definitely/probably interested in a TV series.

The Dark Tower movie topped its opening weekend despite coming in under expectations at $19.1 million, which would translate into as many as 4-4.5 million interested in a TV series out of the pool of viewers who went to see the film in its opening weekend.

“That is incredibly encouraging; what it shows is that there is a very big, excited audience for the show,” said MRC co-CEO Modi Wiczyk.

The viewer approval for the movie, which drew mixed reviews from critics was in the 70%+, lower than the percentage of viewers interested in a TV series. “People who have seen the movie are interested in a TV series whether or not they liked the movie; even if they didn’t like the movie, they were not turn off by that,” Wiczyk said.

Admitting that this is “uncharted territory” in terms of connecting film and TV in one franchise, “the success of the film has no correlation to whether the show will be successful or not, it has to stand on its own,” Wiczyk said, noting that the performance of Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. performance is not tied to how The Avengers movies do. “All it means is that there is a receptive audience, so if you deliver something good, you’re in good shape.”

A TV veteran, The Walking Dead alum Glenn Mazzara, is spearheading The Dark Tower series, which will take place many years before the events depicted in the film, focusing on Roland’s origin story- how he first became a gunslinger and got his guns, his first conflict with the man in black, his first love and his first mission as a gunslinger.

Stephen King, on whose books the movie and the TV series are based (the TV series will draw mainly from “Wizard and Glass,” book 4, and flashbacks from “The Gunslinger,” book 1), is closely involved.

The project, executive produced by the movie’s Akiva Goldsman and Imagine, is in very early stages of being taken out as MRC is starting to engage U.S. networks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO, It's a bit like the Sombra app. Marketing people trying ANYTHING to create a "viral" campaign. Almost by definition you can't force a viral happening.
    When forced, it's much like a woman faking an orgasm. Unreal.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The whole ad campaign for the film felt half-assed. Like when they just put up a bunch of CK signs up at a bar for Comic-con and said it was the Dixie Pig.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-san-diego-b...xie-1797149441

From the comments:

That’s clearly not anything like the actual Dixie Pig. There’s no tapestry mocking Eld’s Last Fellowship and the random eyes of the king everywhere are more than a little twee. This is like goth teens drinking red kool aid and giving each other hickies while pretending they are vampires, not anything resembling the Dixie Pig as King described it. The fundamental quality of the Dixie Pig is the profane mocking the divine, thats what made it such a memorable place in the books.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Regardless of the film's quality I love the Roland of Eld Theme . So good.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Regardless of the film's quality I love the Roland of Eld Theme . So good.
    By the way?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    (the TV series will draw mainly from “Wizard and Glass,” book 4, and flashbacks from “The Gunslinger,” book 1)
    Should this series land on HBO/Starz/Netflix, it will most assuredly be rated TV-14 and above. You may yet see your butcher don his smock and wield his knives. OTOH, they may quite literally mean flashbacks IN The Gunslinger. Particularly, Roland and David versus Cort.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

From Lilja's Library

In an interview with Swedish HD Nikolaj Arcel says he won’t be doing any more Dark Tower movies. This however don’t mean that there won’t be more Dark Tower, just that if there are Arcel won’t be directing them.
    If the translation of the Swedish article is correct, he claims he wants to move on. Which is a total 180 from him being excited to go more into the later books in future films. Sounds more like he was fired due to box office results and the rumored production problems.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    IMO, It's a bit like the Sombra app. Marketing people trying ANYTHING to create a "viral" campaign. Almost by definition you can't force a viral happening.
    When forced, it's much like a woman faking an orgasm. Unreal.
    Btw, I havent tried it yet, but
    > https://twitter.com/darktowermovie/s...src=email&s=11
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I signed in and did the Shine Test They show a blank card with 5 choices as to what card it is. I guessed 7/10 correctly. Thus I am Psychically Gifted and a Special Program Candidate.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's just the hair and coat that's doing it for me but how do you think Kyle MacLachlan would be as R.F./Walter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeuiRxoJipQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmsIHL2LEBA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CpW2k3SHQU

My Collection

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Some thoughtful insights in that review...

I agree with most of them, including that Idris Elba was miscast.

This failure of an adaptation is a classic example of Studio meddling ruining a film and all the signs were there from the beginning.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I signed in and did the Shine Test They show a blank card with 5 choices as to what card it is. I guessed 7/10 correctly. Thus I am Psychically Gifted and a Special Program Candidate.

Psych test was available months ago...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post

Yeap. I'm pretty sure I took it six or more months ago.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So how did you two do?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, I went today and saw the movie I'd waited years to see!
    I went with the the ball and chain, who has never read a SK book in her life... She was disappointed the dark tower had nothing to do with a tower.. wasn't sold on Elba and was wholly under whelmed! I felt like my heart sank unable to ever beat again... Saw a 1408 reference though! What a waste of 18€... I even called in sick to get the day off to see it...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post

Yes but months ago we actually had (false) hope that the film wouldn't suck balls.

Now this app is more entertaining than the movie itself LOL
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It premiered in the UK yesterday, although I've yet to see it. Hoping to see it next week with a friend.

It's not promising Lilja doesn't like it. (I didn't read all the review as I noticed it was getting spoilerific but I read enough to get his view.) No offence to him, but he seems to review most things positively. (That I've noticed. I haven't been there for a while.) Not that seeing the good side is a bad thing in this world. God knows there are plenty of negative people. (Not thinking of anyone here, just in general.)

Anyway, expectations adjusted. I'll see how it goes.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So how did you two do?
    10/10 - no lie. I can teach you how to get this score if you wish.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    It premiered in the UK yesterday, although I've yet to see it. Hoping to see it next week with a friend.

It's not promising Lilja doesn't like it. (I didn't read all the review as I noticed it was getting spoilerific but I read enough to get his view.) No offence to him, but he seems to review most things positively. (That I've noticed. I haven't been there for a while.) Not that seeing the good side is a bad thing in this world. God knows there are plenty of negative people. (Not thinking of anyone here, just in general.)

Anyway, expectations adjusted. I'll see how it goes.
    Don't waste your money. It was worse than bad!

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just out of interest, what were we up to with links to other King movies? I only saw It ,cujo, the shinning and 1408...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 254 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 ... LastLast