Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 231 of 254 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Needed to get my complete thoughts down on paper, so: My Dark Tower Review
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    In fact, Roland does nibble on a "dog" during The Drawing of the Three. Ah...were you poking fun at fans* that misremember certain details of the story?
    No, I was poking fun at the "fans" who are tearing the movie to pieces because not ever minute detail is the same. I had a feeling someone would say he did have a hot dog somewhere in the series. I couldn't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

When I first started to read your review, I was like "What? He told me he liked it." I felt such a crushing disappointment for a moment there. haha
    Are the quotation marks supposed to imply anyone who takes issue with the film's changes or otherwise found the film to be mediocre as most people have aren't "true" fans of the series?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not at all. And I'm not implicating anyone in particular--or even on this site. I've seen it on many other movie news sites and reviews over the past few days. Some people, when it comes to films adapted from literature (whether it's LOTR, Hunger Games, anything) expect a word-for-word adaptation.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So bottom line. Is it worth seeing for $7.50 and another $20 in concession cost
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My ticket cost six dollars and thirty-five cents. I didn't feel as though a single cent were wasted.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I say yes!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Huh. I just came in, expecting that old fans of TMIB who for years complained that SK broke some implied promise in his books for Roland and Walter to have an ultimate showdown would be saying just positive things about this movie.
    Because I wanted it to happen in the books. The only way for King to rectify what he did is to write another book that gives R.F. the sendoff he deserves (maybe a sequel to Eyes of the Dragon? He's able to write the continuing adventures of Holly Gibney but apparently following up on EotD is too much to ask...). Anything short of that means nothing to me.

And from what I've heard
    Spoiler:
    the "ultimate showdown" in this movie is half-assed. And even a good confrontation wouldn't make up for everything else the film does wrong.
    "And from what I've heard" - have you seen the movie? Just wondering.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    yes and yes.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was...

Spoiler:
    the spider (tarantula?) encroaching upon the realms protected by the tower and its beams supposed to be a stealthy reference to The Crimson King and perhaps Mordred?

Also, I LOVED the hinting at the existence of...

Spoiler:
    billy bumblers.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Was...

Spoiler:
    the spider (tarantula?) encroaching upon the realms protected by the tower and its beams supposed to be a stealthy reference to The Crimson King and perhaps Mordred?
    Shit I didn't pick up on that! Good catch.

Also, I LOVED the hinting at the existence of...

Spoiler:
    billy bumblers.
    I forgot... at what point were they mentioned?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Not yet. I only just saw 'War for the Planet of the Apes' last week and that came out mid-July which should give you an idea of how often I go to the movies.

But yes I plan to see it in theaters. Hopefully by the end of next week as I don't expect this to be in the theaters for much longer.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Spoiler:
    I believe it was when Roland was sitting in the hospital and watching a television. There was a commercial that featured talking raccoons and Roland, with his face bearing equal amounts of intrigue and puzzlement, asked Jake "Do the animals of your world still talk?" Jake told him that it's just a commercial. Still...it came across as an obvious reference to the bumblers (or perhaps even Oy specifically).

Traveler wonderings will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by brethren View Post
    Amidst a sea of negativity about the movie, here's a least a quick tidbit that gives me some hope for the TV series:

Per Deadline, recent exit polls for The Dark Tower included a question about whether fans who’d just watched it would be up for a TV version covering similar material. Apparently, a whopping 83 percent of respondents said yes, and what’s interesting here is that that answer had no correlation whatsoever with what they actually thought of the film.
    http://www.avclub.com/article/dark-t...-survey-259202
    I have not seen the movie yet, hoping to get out next week and check it out. My thoughts though on a story this big and wide, and if it needs to be put on the screen, TV is the place for it. Movies could never do it justice, never get into the complexities of the characters. TV on the other hand developed over time, builds character, backstory and can have the time and length to tell the story in a good way. Movies are really are not the best format for telling a good complex story anymore, they are always simplified and always dumbed down from the masterpiece they are taken from.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Spoiler:
    I believe it was when Roland was sitting in the hospital and watching a television. There was a commercial that featured talking raccoons and Roland, with his face bearing equal amounts of intrigue and puzzlement, asked Jake "Do the animals of your world still talk?" Jake told him that it's just a commercial. Still...it came across as an obvious reference to the bumblers (or perhaps even Oy specifically).
    I loved that subtle reference and the way
    Spoiler:
    Jake made that confused face and said "Wait, what do you mean still?"
    I know this is far fetched, but it made me pretty excited over the possibility of us maybe getting to see the Jaye/Oy relationship at some point.
    Damn, it gives me chills just thinking about it.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My ticket cost six dollars and thirty-five cents. I didn't feel as though a single cent were wasted.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw DT and enjoyed it. I understand many of the gripes: fast pacing, acting, etc. However, it was enjoyable and honestly watching it from the perspective of this being a continuation from DTVII was actually really neat. I thoroughly enjoyed all the Easter eggs. I especially liked
    Spoiler:
    the Barlow and Straker signs at the end, I cracked up at that one.

I also have to say they did seem to line this up for a TV series to start at the beginning.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Not yet. I only just saw 'War for the Planet of the Apes' last week and that came out mid-July which should give you an idea of how often I go to the movies.

But yes I plan to see it in theaters. Hopefully by the end of next week as I don't expect this to be in the theaters for much longer.
    I look forward to hearing what you think once you have seen it. Some people seem to be coming around a little bit.

Country
    Country Flag

I've a minor inquiry about something the doctor said.

Spoiler:
    She mentioned that Roland has Hepatitis A, B and C. Are we to infer that he's so tough that he's merely harboring diseases that would normally cripple/kill other men or that the demon which had stabbed him carried these illnesses? Also, it was mentioned that he's suffering from radiation sickness (poisoning?). Is this supposed to be a side effect of portal travel or was he exposed to radiation by wandering through parts of Mid-World heavily scarred by the Old Ones' highly advanced technological litter?

Y'know...considering one primarily obtains the "B" variety of Hepatitis through sex, I wonder if that diagnosis was in part supposed to imply that Roland is still getting some .

Also, I found it highly cathartic seeing...

Spoiler:
    The Man in Black/Walter dying in a proper stand-up fight! Him easily going down against a were-spider with a voracious appetite is pathetic by comparison.

Spoiler:
    She mentioned that Roland has Hepatitis A, B and C. Are we to infer that he's so tough that he's merely harboring diseases that would normally cripple/kill other men or that the demon which had stabbed him carried these illnesses? Also, it was mentioned that he's suffering from radiation sickness (poisoning?). Is this supposed to be a side effect of portal travel or was he exposed to radiation by wandering through parts of Mid-World heavily scarred by the Old Ones' highly advanced technological litter?

Y'know...considering one primarily obtains the "B" variety of Hepatitis through sex, I wonder if that diagnosis was in part supposed to imply that Roland is still getting some .

Spoiler:
    I think all the theories you mentioned are plausible. Who knows if we'll never know the answer for sure, but what I took from the varieties of Hepatitis is that the man has just been subjected to that many dangerous things during in his life where modern medical care isn't available, yet he's so tough, his body has endured it.
    As far as the radiation, I first thought of the portal travel, but you've got me wondering more on the stuff left behind by The Old Ones.
    Thanks for bringing this question up. I'm gonna have to think on it some more.

As far as the hepatitis B...I'd be surprised if Roland wasn't still getting some.
    With the exception of Susan, we saw him get with both Allie and the *woman near the end of the series out of pure physical necessity.

*(God help me I can't recall her name. Imagine, you're the last person on Earth to bang a Gunslinger, yet no one remembers your name anyway. Shame. )

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious. Is there an official "Movie site? Are they selling merchandise? Might be cool to have some.......
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I think all the theories you mentioned are plausible. Who knows if we'll never know the answer for sure, but what I took from the varieties of Hepatitis is that the man has just been subjected to that many dangerous things during in his life where modern medical care isn't available, yet he's so tough, his body has endured it.
    As far as the radiation, I first thought of the portal travel, but you've got me wondering more on the stuff left behind by The Old Ones.
    Thanks for bringing this question up. I'm gonna have to think on it some more.

As far as the hepatitis B...I'd be surprised if Roland wasn't still getting some.
    With the exception of Susan, we saw him get with both Allie and the *woman near the end of the series out of pure physical necessity.

*(God help me I can't recall her name. Imagine, you're the last person on Earth to bang a Gunslinger, yet no one remembers your name anyway. Shame. )
    Rosita?

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I still want

Spoiler:
    Roland to have a redemption moment. Hopefully at some point in later movies he will face a choice. And we will get to see him make the RIGHT choice.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    I still want

Spoiler:
    Roland to have a redemption moment. Hopefully at some point in later movies he will face a choice. And we will get to see him make the RIGHT choice.
    Is it merely my perception, or...

Spoiler:
    was that brief moment where Roland dangled Jake over the edge of a cliffside supposed to hearken back to when he let Jake fall during the previous "loop" of reality?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Movie starts in ten minutes, woot woot!

Country
    Country Flag

Is it merely my perception, or...

Spoiler:
    was that brief moment where Roland dangled Jake over the edge of a cliffside supposed to hearken back to when he let Jake fall during the previous "loop" of reality?
    I thought the exact same thing, and the awesome intensity of that moment made me wish even more that it was part of the film's finale. It would've been ballsy, shocking, and a good set-up for future installments.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 231 of 254 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 ... LastLast