Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 254 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice 2-hour long roundtable discussion of the film:

https://consequenceofsound.net/podca...-movie-review/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Reviews are coming in.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_tower_2017/

At 21% now. Think it'll get down to 19?
    Sigh... I may end up personally boycotting Sony movies from now on. Even Spider-Man. Oh well I'm still going to see it. But it will most likely be the LAST time I give Sony pictures any more money.
    For what it's worth, Disney had a huge part in the new Spiderman. Sony enlisted their help when they realized they are somehow unable to make a good Spiderman movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Reviews are coming in.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_tower_2017/

At 21% now. Think it'll get down to 19?
    18% now....
    Doh!
    I skimmed over the review blurbs on the RT front page:

"...summons an emotional impact of close to zero...."

and

"...victim of trying to do too much and too little at the same time."

Those were from the POSITIVE "Fresh" rated reviews.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before but at the end of the day the fault for this lies 100% on King. That's what makes this sting. On another level of the Tower Frank Darabont would have been at the helm but on this one King said no to him and we got this.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not making any decisions without seeing the movie first this weekend, and it's likely to make its money back, but the early critical reaction is not encouraging for a sequel. But the critics have been wrong before (Batman vs. Superman, which I loved). If this flops, though, it sounds like it's self-contained enough, making it somewhat easy to be resurrected in something like Netflix as a series.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Nice review. Thanks for the link!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Comparing this review to the others from people that have never read the books is like night and day. That might not be a good thing but it seems like some of the things people are complaining about in the movie are exactly like they were in the book.

I saw one that said it was never explained exactly why Walter wants to bring down the tower. I don't think he really had a good reason in the books either did he? He just wanted to enjoy the chaos?

It also doesn't sound like the movie did a great job of explaining the beams holding up the tower?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I saw one that said it was never explained exactly why Walter wants to bring down the tower. I don't think he really had a good reason in the books either did he? He just wanted to enjoy the chaos?
    He didn't want to bring down the Tower in the books, his goal was to reach the top for himself and become God of All.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Comparing this review to the others from people that have never read the books is like night and day. That might not be a good thing but it seems like some of the things people are complaining about in the movie are exactly like they were in the book.
    Reading/listening to reviews from people who've read the book is certainly interesting. A lot of them conclude that it missed the essence of what make the book so special: a genre-bending, grand mythos filled with fleshed out characters and King's ballsy writing. Instead they describe it as a bland, rushed interpretation of elements with characters reduced to 1-dimensional representations. Apparently, Walter's dialogue consists mostly of exposition, to the point that he
    Spoiler:
    talks out loud about how the guns of Roland were made out of Excalibur while the two of them are fighting

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

He didn't want to bring down the Tower in the books, his goal was to reach the top for himself and become God of All.
    Oh that's right. That's why he was after Mordred's foot in the last book.

But I thought that information didn't come until the later books. In the first few books, he intentions weren't really clear.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It currently has a 35 on Metacritic. If it lowers 2 more points, it will end up in the top 5 worst rated King movies (interesting scroll through, btw): http://www.metacritic.com/pictures/s...to-best?ref=hp

Country
    Country Flag

So in retrospect there's really no reason why they couldn't have given us a straight R-rated adaptation of the first book, is there?

My Collection

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I figured this would happen - from the very start with casting choices it's seemed like a mistake.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The popcorn might not even make up for this....

J/K

The leading cast seems to be the factor that scores the film some points. Especially Idris appears to elevate his part without given a lot to do.

Along the Path of the Beam brethren will become famous soon enough

I think pretty much everyone here knew this was going to happen, but just didn't want to believe it.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. I like the review that notes that MM appears to be filming an extended cut of his car commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Country
    Country Flag

RT is now at 16%. How low can you go

Country
    Country Flag

Matt was one of the few things I was looking forward to, sad to hear he didn't do a good job. Maybe in retrospect he wasn't the best choice.

I wonder how Jeffrey Dean Morgan would do as Flagg, he seems to have the whole "good-natured asshole" aspect down pat as Negan over at The Walking Dead. The Stand miniseries hasn't aged well but Jamey Sheridan was great at channeling Flagg's charisma.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting how people that liked the books and know the story are the ones liking it..... I am not surprised. I cannot wait till tomorrow to see it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 254 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 ... LastLast