Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 254 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    This featurette made me more excited for the movie than any of the trailers. Love that closing-haunting melody too, I hope they keep it throughout the franchise.
    Agree. Here's hoping it indeed becomes a franchise!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm..._tower_ask_me/

nikarcel 194 points 6 hours ago

Yes absolutely! As I think it will be pretty obvious to the fans when they see the film, the whole Ka-tet is poised to meet in the next movie...if we're lucky enough to be able to make one.

We've definitely thought a lot about the racial tension between Detta and Roland and how casting Idris would affect that. I can't spoil anything, but we're definitely not going to leave this important theme unaddressed. And oh yeah, of course we're going to have Billy-Bumblers - and Oy's one of my favorite characters.
    nikarcel 156 points 7 hours ago

This film really serves as an introduction to the saga and I've always felt that we should not try to cram every single part of the massive mythology, including all the great characters and storylines, into one film. Obviously the story is supposed to continue in future films and the TV series. Hopefully at the end of it all there won't be a single thing from the novels that we haven't touched upon in some way.
    CaptainChaos78 108 points 8 hours ago

Will Roland be using High Speech? "Say thankya" "See this very well." "Hile gunslingers!" "Cry your pardon."

---

nikarcel 171 points 6 hours ago

Yes, in places but keep in mind this is an introduction for the uninitiated as well.
    JohnAnderton 13 points 7 hours ago

Hi! I'm tentatively excited for the movie - but my main concern from what I've seen so far is that Roland should be laser focused on the Tower - instead it looks like he's set straight. Seems kind of odd.

Also, The Man in Black as a main antagonsit, especially as one that Roland can kill - Flagg can't be killed by Roland, as seen in Wizard and Glass. What's going on here?

I really want to like it, but I can't help but be uncomfortable with these things.

---

nikarcel 81 points 6 hours ago

In the movie, as in the first novel, he's distracted by The Man In Black and by revenge. One of the things I love about the theme of the novels is that Roland has to learn the right path in order to reach the Tower "correctly." We brought that more to the forefront of the film.

The overall idea is that Roland is lacking Khef at the beginning of his journey and that Char is guiding him, we've made that a bit stronger.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have faith.... great post!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It really comes out how much DT knowledge Nik Arcel has and that he is a true fan of the series. It gives me a lot of confidence for the future.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only time Roland was 'distracted by revenge' was when Marten goaded him into taking his test earlier.

By the events of The Gunslinger Roland was pursuing Walter to get him to talk. He was obsessed with the Tower, not Walter himself.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes; Arcel's answers suggest that he's the right kind of person for this, and that's important.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    It really comes out how much DT knowledge Nik Arcel has and that he is a true fan of the series. It gives me a lot of confidence for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Yes; Arcel's answers suggest that he's the right kind of person for this, and that's important.
    This is why I've always had faith in this film from the beginning. I hope its rewarded...

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'char' is guiding him? Death is guiding him? Maybe he meant 'ka'.

I find those posts comforting, however, particularly the part about approaching the Tower the right way.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    The only time Roland was 'distracted by revenge' was when Marten goaded him into taking his test earlier.

By the events of The Gunslinger Roland was pursuing Walter to get him to talk. He was obsessed with the Tower, not Walter himself.
    While I agree the Tower was his main focus, that didn't stop him blazing away when he saw Walter near the tunnel. Sure, it came across as Roland going into Gunslinger autopilot, rather than calculated revenge (since he wanted to speak with Walter) but I wonder if a desire for vengeance was part of that?

I think he would have gladly killed Walter after their palaver of he'd had the chance.

I agree it wasn't his main focus and something to do on the way to the Tower, however.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I find it interesting in the videos and trailers that they keep mentioning that the MIB is actively trying to take down the tower and Roland is trying to stop him.

I thought in the books he wanted to see it fall but wasn't really doing anything to actually make it happen. By the last book, his plan was to enter the tower himself using the mark on Mordred's leg, but not bring it down.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I find it interesting in the videos and trailers that they keep mentioning that the MIB is actively trying to take down the tower and Roland is trying to stop him.

I thought in the books he wanted to see it fall but wasn't really doing anything to actually make it happen. By the last book, his plan was to enter the tower himself using the mark on Mordred's leg, but not bring it down.
    In the book (as per Dinky Earnshaw's recruitment) Breakers are actively sought and recruited by Trans Corp which is a subsidiary of the Sombra Corp. Both entities were set up to serve the Crimson King. Although I don't believe it was actually stated in the books, it is conceivable that Walter has had direct dealings with these institutions over the years. The Movie is making a more direct link and effectively putting the MIB directly in charge of the breakers.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

In the book (as per Dinky Earnshaw's recruitment) Breakers are actively sought and recruited by Trans Corp which is a subsidiary of the Sombra Corp. Both entities were set up to serve the Crimson King. Although I don't believe it was actually stated in the books, it is conceivable that Walter has had direct dealings with these institutions over the years. The Movie is making a more direct link and effectively putting the MIB directly in charge of the breakers.
    I supposed that's what they are doing. It's interesting that they are making this a Roland vs. MIB movie when in all the books combined he had maybe what, 20 pages or so for his few brief appearances?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Arcel chimes in on the run time

There’s one story that’s been making the rounds on the internet and I want to ask about it because I think it’s unfair to keep talking about it without having you chime in. The movie is a lot shorter than a lot of people, myself included, expected. We thought it was going to be a two and a half hour epic.

ARCEL: Yeah, yeah.

The knee-jerk reaction has been “That’s really short!” Can you talk about how it came to be that length?

ARCEL: The good news here…the reason why many fans are worried about the run time is that they think we are trying to do everything in this film. Which we are not. This is ideally the first film. This is an introduction to the world and the characters. It’s not meant to be all the novels and we’re just trying to cram everything in there. So that’s one thing. And the script was really lean and tight. When I got on board, the script was very short, very lean. That’s one of the things that attracted me to it. I said “This is smart.” You start with a lean, mean story and you don’t try to cram everything in there. You just build the basic ideas. And if people enjoy it and if they like this world and these characters, we can start expanding.

While I remain as nervous about The Dark Tower as I would about any film adaption of a book series that has been a part of my life for nearly two decades, Arcel is a smart guy and he’s clearly a Stephen King devotee (a “constant reader,” to be specific). We’ll see how the movie turns out in two weeks, but any director who promises Salem’s Lot easter eggs in his Dark Tower adaptation deserves our faith. You can read all about that and more in the full interview when it runs next week.

The Dark Tower opens on August 4, 2017.

http://www.slashfilm.com/director-ni...tower-runtime/

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Were enough people still holding onto the notion that this film is trying to condense all seven books into its timeframe? I am aware that it is no secret that elements from multiple books are present in the script/trailers, but even so...

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I supposed that's what they are doing. It's interesting that they are making this a Roland vs. MIB movie when in all the books combined he had maybe what, 20 pages or so for his few brief appearances?
    Well if Roland did have a personal antagonist it was Walter/Marten. But yeah they are making him much more bigger than he actually was.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

When you hire a top actor, you usually try to get your money's worth. Yes, this even applies when they play a character with a large presence but comparatively small "screen time" in the novel they themselves originate from.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Well if Roland did have a personal antagonist it was Walter/Marten. But yeah they are making him much more bigger than he actually was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    When you hire a top actor, you usually try to get your money's worth. Yes, this even applies when they play a character with a large presence but comparatively small "screen time" in the novel they themselves originate from.
    I preface this with the fact that it is mere speculation, none of us having seen the film yet. But, perhaps they are featuring the MIB v Roland dynamic to draw folks into the modified narrative. I think you have to remember this is not a scene by scene adaption and the MIB could be perceived as the man behind the scenes in all the Ka-Tet's challenges. IF, and that is a big "if" the ting grows legs they have many means and media forms to cover back story and such. It is a re-imagining of the books so to speak and not an adaptation. There will be favorite book scenes left on the cutting room floor no doubt. Only those deemed pertinent to the new arc will be retained. As I said before, I will reserve judgement until it actually is released and we get a feel for where they are going with it and to what extent.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a few new shots in this TV spot posted by Sony Pictures Canada a week ago and no one picked it up?

Country
    Country Flag

Each newly revealed snippet of footage spoils me as the cake before dinner spoils me.

Country
    Country Flag

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-san-diego-b...xie-1797149441
    Parties at Comic-Con almost always have an entertainment theme or sponsor. It’s how companies and websites pay for them. Most are pretty subtle but when Sony teamed up with IGN to do a Dark Tower party, they went straight to the Stephen King source material to find their inspiration.

That’s how The Tipsy Crow in the Gaslamp District of San Diego became, for one night only, the Dixie Pig.

In The Dark Tower books, the Dixie Pig is the name of a restaurant in New York where followers of the evil Crimson King hang out. It contains a portal to another world, as did its San Diego incarnation.

As well as plenty of the Crimson King’s sigils, to let you know who’s in charge.

Like, a lot of signs.

As well as Dark Tower art on all the walls—not stills from the movie, actual art inspired by the series.

If you missed this chance to step into Stephen King’s world, don’t worry—. you’ll get another chance on August 4 when the film hits theaters.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw a trailer today with a snippet of Roland in an emergency room.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Saw a trailer today with a snippet of Roland in an emergency room.
    He is stronger than most.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 254 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast