Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 254 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    *shrugs* If using the term "excuse" instead of "reason" helps decrease those sodium chloride levels, keep at it. I am pretty sure the existence of the Horn has been no secret for close to two years now.
    I'd have more respect for the production if they didn't try to insult my intelligence in pretending that this is a canonical continuation of the books.

An example of how things could change would be Roland doesn't drop Jake and Jake is present during the drawing of the three. That would make sense. At the end of the day the reset occurs when Roland is in the desert and any changes are a result of what happens after that.
    Well, it is not simply the production team making a declaration. Stephen King has signed off on this being a canon continuation.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He said the same exact thing about the comics when he was promoting them then completely disregarded them when he wrote 'Wind' and later admitted he wasn't even reading them because he didn't want them junking up his head. I love King but he's notorious lately for going out of his way to shill the movies and tv shows coming out from his work. If Kubrick was alive today and made The Shining King would probably be gushing about it on Twitter as we speak.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love King but he's notorious lately for going out of his way to shill the movies and tv shows coming out from his work.
    I've noticed this recently too. I know that the more people that watch is more money in his pocket/better for book sales and publicity, but does he really think EVERY book/story adaptation coming (IT, Dark Tower, 1922, Gerald's Game, The Mist series) out is the best thing ever?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. On one hand I don't necessarily blame him as acting the way he did when The Shining came out could blow up in his face PR-wise but on the other there's only so many gushing over adaptations of stuff like "Bag of Bones" and "Under the Dome" I can take before I decide his approval holds little water to me.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy Argie is on a distinguished road Argie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. On one hand I don't necessarily blame him as acting the way he did when The Shining came out could blow up in his face PR-wise but on the other there's only so many gushing over adaptations of stuff like "Bag of Bones" and "Under the Dome" I can take before I decide his approval holds little water to me.
    Truer words were never spoken.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife was not impressed with the trailer she watched. 'Nuff said. LOL LOL

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

The Salty tears will be wonderful if this movie defies the odds and reviews well. I know alot of people will glady eat crow if it turns out successful. But a lot of people also Hate to be wrong. Sorry its just seems like Im the only one excited for this movie. And I always enjoy a good Upset! Lol So Go Dark Tower Flim. I hope to Gan it's aim is true and surprises everyone. I want it to be like Young Roland kicking Cort's ass lol

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think any Stephen King fan WANTS this movie to be bad.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the internet .

Some fans want the film to tank because they feel it will increase the chances of a straight or at least "close enough" cinematic adaptation being developed. What they fail to recognize is that The Dark Tower's universe isn't as prolific an IP in the public's collective consciousness as Spider-Man is or as insanely profitable as Batman continues to be. Chances are, unless there's a studio willing to take that gamble we simply don't know about, it will probably be another decade or even decades until someone with enough capital (be it literal monetary capital or studio-political capital) feels confident enough to try again...loose retelling or otherwise.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

What really gives me hope is people that have read the script that was leaked a while back say it was pretty darn good. I know YOU hope this will be good Ghostface even though you're weary about the trailers. Its the jerks who want it to fail without giving it a shot first who get on my nerves.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

According to King's own Message Board, 50% of his Constant Readers have not read any of The Dark Tower books. I wonder how they would view it?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I wonder how many people out there are self-proclaimed Stephen King fans that have read most, if not all, of his work EXCEPT the DT books? I know a couple of people that have read maybe 3 or 4 of his more popular, older stuff like IT or Salem's Lot or The Stand but they aren't really "fans" per se.

It's just such a foreign concept to me that I can't even imagine it. To have read all the other books and not realize how connected they are.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

So apparently the movie is rumored to be 85 minutes.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know this is kind of like how I'm not supposed to get excited when a favorite band of mine has 3 songs of over 10 minutes length on an upcoming as-yet unheard album, but...good movies (especially ones that are supposed to have some depth or real story to tell) aren't this short. This is Sharknado/Hot Dog The Motion Picture territory (ok, maybe not that bad, but...not good either).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I know this is kind of like how I'm not supposed to get excited when a favorite band of mine has 3 songs of over 10 minutes length on an upcoming as-yet unheard album, but...good movies (especially ones that are supposed to have some depth or real story to tell) aren't this short. This is Sharknado/Hot Dog The Motion Picture territory (ok, maybe not that bad, but...not good either).
    I've read 85 minutes is a placeholder value. Someone on Reddit mentioned that Power Rangers had the same 85 minute value, but the movie ended up being over 2 hours.

source
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a huge Stephen King fan and a big fan of the DT books. I don't WANT the movie to tank, much less for it to "be bad." But I don't WANT my wife to spend every other weekend at the outlet mall, but that doesn't change reality. The movie will be what it will be regardless of what I want or hope. I'll certainly go see it upon release.

But I can't see any way this movie will be successful enough to be anything but a one-off. It won't have the legs to finance first-run sequels or a quality TV series.

FOR ME (and I know others in this thread have completely different opinions), it's difficult to get all enthused for fan-fiction. I had no interest in the the DT comic books. I watched the first season of Under the Dome and it was so bad I just couldn't go on. I loved the character of Charlie McGee from Firestarter. If King wrote a sequel, I'd be all over it. But if (insert random author here) wrote a sequel about the "further adventures of Charlie McGee," it would be hard for me to jump on board with that. Of course Under the Dome TV or the "further adventures of Charlie McGee" might have turned out to be very good in their own right--just a rollicking good tale regardless of any connection to SK. And perhaps the DT movie will be a kick-ass adventure story. Perhaps.

But the fact is, once you allow that "the horn of Eld" gives you carte blanche to change whatever you want, for whatever reason, in order to help your movie sell tickets (and get made in the first place), then don't blame me for being skeptical.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope this movie will be good enough and profitable enough to get movies with Eddie and Detta/Odetta/Susannah/Mia. And Oy. And I certainly don't mind changes. Any movie with a representation of Mordred as written would be a better movie without Mordred. I would LOVE to see a HBO TV series on Wizard and Glass, which is not only my favorite DT book, but one of my favorite books, period. But like I said before, I can WANT all sorts of things. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you 100%. That's exactly how I feel about "fan fic" like this.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, every adaptation is fanfic to a degree.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know, and I agree. I thought about that when composing my post. It's a nebulous line, but I think intent has a lot to do with it. If you are trying to be faithful but run into certain limitations, it's understandable. Especially for epics. There were plenty of shortcuts taken with The Stand miniseries, but whatta you gonna do? You've got the limitations of the TV medium. It wasn't all that great, but they get props for trying. Filming something like Misery is much easier to adapt faithfully, as there's not much opportunity to go off the rails. It's basically 2 people in a house.

It just seems here that the idea of an "adaptation" was thrown away too soon, which opened the floodgates for all sorts of shenanigans with the story. I mean, look at the thread title--it polls whether we want to see an adaptation. Admittedly, I haven't seen the movie nor read the script, so I don't really know how faithful it will or won't be. Best of all worlds, it remains close enough to the story to get things kicked off, and then further installments will hew closer to the bone. Even if it does not, this still might be a cool as shit kick-ass movie.

Country
    Country Flag

People are calling it a placeholder figure. I'd wait until an official runtime is released before breaking out the sharp farming implements.

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The titles all refer to chapters in the movie. We can piece together where certain scenes will fall based on the order..

1. The Dark Tower
    2. The Face of My Father
    3. I Kill With My Heart
    4. Skin People
    5. Getting a Toothbrush
    6. Dutch Hill
    7. Guardian
    8. Arrival in Mid-World
    9. His Shine Is Pure
    10. The Map
    11. Thinny
    12. Something Got Out
    13. We Don’t Have Chicken
    14. Manny Village
    15. See Across Worlds
    16. There’s Always Another Battle
    17. A Chicken, a Goat and One Bullet
    18. Keystone Earth
    19. Portal Activity
    20. Smiley Face
    21. The Creed
    22. Death Always Wins
    23. Dixie Pig
    24. Tall, Dark and Handsome
    25. Full Package as Advertised
    26. It Will Fall
    27. Collateral Damage
    28. Hot Dogs
    29. Roland of Eld (Main Titles)

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the Manny are involved (track 14) and also with a line from Detta (track 24) maybe we get a glimpse of herin this move after all!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Could "The Face of My Father" refer to a scene where both Roland and Jake recall memories of their deceased dads?

John F. Kennedy Argie is on a distinguished road Argie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Almost 30 songs. Looks longer than just 85 min. I like that the concepts of thinny and Keystone Earth are in the movie. And smiley face is our old friend RF right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 254 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 ... LastLast