Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 254 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT has great traction but it's a R rated horror film. Dark Tower would have to bomb pretty horrible to do less money than IT. A summer PG-13 action fantasy film done well should have zero problem shooting past a horror film.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Which movie was the trailer attached to? ^
    Alien: Covenant
    I did not see it when I saw Alien . I guess you got lucky. Lol
    Can't say I was all that surprised that it was attached to a Sci-Fi flick.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    IT has great traction but it's a R rated horror film. Dark Tower would have to bomb pretty horrible to do less money than IT. A summer PG-13 action fantasy film done well should have zero problem shooting past a horror film.
    I think IT will have a much easier time landing between $100-150 million domestically. Neither fans of the books nor the general audience seem to be very enthusiastic about The Dark Tower. "It" is gathering a lot of enthusiasm all over the place. You see it every time some new footage appears, even if it's just a picture. The social media engagement is so much higher than The Dark Tower, no comparison. Very telling in this day and age. It's a surefire hit internationally, too.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Do we even know the rating? Google has nothing.

That being said... based on everything I've seen unless they really step up the promotion I'm not expecting DT to do well. Besides the initial push with the EW cover everything's been kind of quiet.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    That being said... based on everything I've seen unless they really step up the promotion I'm not expecting DT to do well. Besides the initial push with the EW cover everything's been kind of quiet.
    Guess you're not a sports fan. DT trailers have been bombarding the NBA Finals, as well as SportsCenter telecasts; both of which have millions of viewers.

Every on-air spot that takes place over the course of the NBA finals is worth its weight in gold.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a sports fan, no. I do watch several shows throughout the week though and have only seen one DT tv spot on live TV.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guess you're not a sports fan. DT trailers have been bombarding the NBA Finals, as well as SportsCenter telecasts; both of which have millions of viewers.

Every on-air spot that takes place over the course of the NBA finals is worth its weight in gold.
    Saw a spot for it yesterday during NASCAR as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do believe that IT will have a much larger opening weekend. I would bet on it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    Neither fans of the books nor the general audience seem to be very enthusiastic about The Dark Tower.
    Is this based on a poll or is it an apocryphal statement? From what i've heard, both fans *and* the general film-going audience are overall interested to see where the film goes. Diehard fans are somewhat split (either they'll try anything The Dark Tower related or they scorn the film for not being a 1:1 adaptation of The Gunslinger).

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Neither fans of the books nor the general audience seem to be very enthusiastic about The Dark Tower.
    Is this based on a poll or is it anecdotal evidence? From what i've heard, both fans *and* the general film-going audience are overall interested to see where the film goes. Diehard fans are somewhat split (either they'll try anything The Dark Tower related or they scorn the film for not being a 1:1 adaptation of The Gunslinger).
    My fiancé has never read a Stephen King book and said she thought the trailer looked really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

Is this based on a poll or is it an apocryphal statement? From what i've heard, both fans *and* the general film-going audience are overall interested to see where the film goes. Diehard fans are somewhat split (either they'll try anything The Dark Tower related or they scorn the film for not being a 1:1 adaptation of The Gunslinger).
    Not a poll but comments I've seen elsewhere on news sites or general film discussion places are fairly tepid.

I.e.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...ial_trailer_hd

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a poll but comments I've seen elsewhere on news sites or general film discussion places are fairly tepid.

I.e.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...ial_trailer_hd
    Well, i've not seen r/movies much, but I have read (through the grapevine) that they were generally more negative towards the trailer than r/TheDarkTower. Make of that what you will.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

There will be TONS of salty tears from the haters if the movie fairs well. Im still loving everything i've seen of Idris. I think he will steal the show and Out Act everyone in it. Im still wary of what i've seen of Flagg and Jake

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Thats reassuring

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, if nothing else, the current advertising campaign is not supporting the theory that this film is a "Young Adult adventure" with Jake in the lead and Roland in tow. The teasers/trailers seem to favor Roland and Randall over the young Chambers.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Jake is surprisingly absent from the marketing. The Art Of book doesn't have a chapter on him either, does it? I think they've landed in a situation where they'd be wise to market towards young adults, but if they do fans will be upset because it looks like a young adult fantasy film.

I've read through reactions on a lot of film sites/forums and there is little positivity to be found, whether they've read the books or not. I see more enthusiasm on Stephen King fan forums, as there is that clear split of people either anticipating or scorning the film.

In my personal life, the trailer hasn't won over people. They either haven't read the books and don't care, or they've read the books and are cautious.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I was at a mall today looking around and it's really disappointing to see how many other movies, tv shows and even Internet memes I can find merchandise for but there is zero for the DT movie. No t-shirts, action figures, nothing. The best I found was a display of the books with "now a major motion picture" on the covers. Does this stuff usually come out after the movie hits mainstream media?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

To answer your question in an indirect way; typically movies with a substantially bigger budget cross advertise and supplement the film with toys and coffee mugs etc.,

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To answer your question in an indirect way; typically movies with a substantially bigger budget cross advertise and supplement the film with toys and coffee mugs etc.,

Agreed... if this is a hit.. and we get more.. that stuff will come.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup. If this blossoms into the franchise we all hope it becomes, expect to see much more marketing collateral join the fray in subsequent sequels.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I was at a mall today looking around and it's really disappointing to see how many other movies, tv shows and even Internet memes I can find merchandise for but there is zero for the DT movie. No t-shirts, action figures, nothing. The best I found was a display of the books with "now a major motion picture" on the covers. Does this stuff usually come out after the movie hits mainstream media?

FWIW there are going to be several different DT toys like Funko Pops of Roland and Walter.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

FWIW there are going to be several different DT toys like Funko Pops of Roland and Walter.
    I was looking for the funko pops until I finally checked and saw they aren't out yet.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

I've also seen some t-shirts on Facebook. Although they probably weren't officially licensed. I'd like to get one with the full gunslinger credo on the back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 254 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 ... LastLast