Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 254 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If there is one... They broke ka-tet,.. bastard's

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a different ka-tet. Move along, Sai Sheb. This is a whole different cycle.

(Just kidding in a way, Good Sir.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    If there is one... They broke ka-tet,.. bastard's

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the movie gets big box office presence but flops, I can already see Marlan Wayans getting ready to play Roland in the comedy spin off. Please, oh mighty ones of the movies, let this one be good enough to not get a comedy redux. I can only imagine what they'd title it. Dark Showers? The Stark Flower? The Dark Skyscraper? ......
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    If the movie gets big box office presence but flops, I can already see Marlan Wayans getting ready to play Roland in the comedy spin off. Please, oh mighty ones of the movies, let this one be good enough to not get a comedy redux. I can only imagine what they'd title it. Dark Showers? The Stark Flower? The Dark Skyscraper? ......
    Has "Family Guy" done it yet?

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That would be fun to see.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

TDT hasn't entered pop culture yet. If it does well and they make 3 or 4 movies, maybe.

They have done an entire episode where they spoof like 3 or 4 of his movies. Stand By Me, Misery and Shawshank IIRC.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    TDT hasn't entered pop culture yet. If it does well and they make 3 or 4 movies, maybe.

They have done an entire episode where they spoof like 3 or 4 of his movies. Stand By Me, Misery and Shawshank IIRC.
    You remember correctly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kings_(Family_Guy)
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Traveler wonderings will become famous soon enough

No Eddie, Susannah, or Oy... can't help but feel bummed as well. Still excited and will watch with an open mind, but no Ka-tet, just seems, well, again bummer.
    I think even if they were to put them in the next movie, it will not be the same. Movies are not the best place for telling intricate stories, they are flash in the pan stories. You could never get into the complexities of Eddie or Susannah in one movie and would almost need stand alone films to delve into them individually. With the way TV is these days I would prefer TDT to be told in that format. Walking Dead is a prime example of what good can be done across 7 seasons and counting. You could explore characters, as well as the wind variety of worlds and locations they run into in the books.

John F. Kennedy Argie is on a distinguished road Argie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont remember if this was brought up previously, but it bothering me. Beautiful Katheryn Winnick is playing Jake s mother. But i recall ,back when they were shooting the film, seeing pictures of her during the South African shoot. Does this mean that in the movie we ll be seeing Jake's mom in Mid-World? That would be quite a stretch from the books.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Argie View Post
    I dont remember if this was brought up previously, but it bothering me. Beautiful Katheryn Winnick is playing Jake s mother. But i recall ,back when they were shooting the film, seeing pictures of her during the South African shoot. Does this mean that in the movie we ll be seeing Jake's mom in Mid-World? That would be quite a stretch from the books.
    I'm pretty sure the only stuff that was shot in NY was location footage (on the streets). They most likely built any sets elsewhere.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

guys...

A little over 2 months away.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    No Eddie, Susannah, or Oy... can't help but feel bummed as well. Still excited and will watch with an open mind, but no Ka-tet, just seems, well, again bummer.
    I think even if they were to put them in the next movie, it will not be the same. Movies are not the best place for telling intricate stories, they are flash in the pan stories. You could never get into the complexities of Eddie or Susannah in one movie and would almost need stand alone films to delve into them individually. With the way TV is these days I would prefer TDT to be told in that format. Walking Dead is a prime example of what good can be done across 7 seasons and counting. You could explore characters, as well as the wind variety of worlds and locations they run into in the books.
    I think a two hour or so movie could do DotT and introducing their characters justice.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I think a two hour or so movie could do DotT and introducing their characters justice.
    Thats exactly what I want to see. Thats why I want this movie to be successful. I want the west sea and Lobsrosties!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a different turn of the wheel. So very little may be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Thats exactly what I want to see. Thats why I want this movie to be successful. I want the west sea and Lobsrosties!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know that's the excuse they're giving to completely change the story but I'd still rather see an adaptation of SK's books over another person doing half-baked fanfic.

If I wanted that I'd still read Robin Furth's comics.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone posted this image yet?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is exactly why the comics didn't gain much traction with me. I wanted to enjoy them but ultimately did not and eventually stopped purchasing them.

I know that's the excuse they're giving to completely change the story but I'd still rather see an adaptation of SK's books over another person doing half-baked fanfic.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NEW TRAILER TODAY??? PERHAPS? MAYBE? Also, really like the vibe and ambiance of this 15s teaser.

https://twitter.com/DarkTowerMovie/s...96658985127937

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Could that have been Sony just repeating an earlier teaser, which referenced the no longer new original trailer?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, FWIW I believe the "new loop" is their basis for "editing" the story to fit the film medium better. So, in general, the story will still be the, King story. At least that is my understanding. Sort of like what was done in "LOTR" which turned out to be a damned good film version IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Well, FWIW I believe the "new loop" is their basis for "editing" the story to fit the film medium better. So, in general, the story will still be the, King story. At least that is my understanding. Sort of like what was done in "LOTR" which turned out to be a damned good film version IMHO
    I think I could be happy if this was as faithful to King's writings as Jackson's was to Tolkien's but everything released indicates that this basically is an entirely new story with character names and basic plot outline. Like what Under the Dome did for example. It's about a town trapped under a dome, the main characters are called Barbie and Big Jim and everything else is a crapshoot.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw the trailer in theatre yesterday and it looked pretty sweet! I'm actually looking forward to it now. But IT will still blow it out of the water at the box office.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Which movie was the trailer attached to? ^

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Alien: Covenant
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Alien: Covenant
    I did not see it when I saw Alien . I guess you got lucky. Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 254 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast