Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 254 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So how many times has everyone watched the trailer? I've watched it at least 15 times now

Along the Path of the Beam Wicked will become famous soon enough Wicked's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I wish that some of these reaction trailers were from actual fans of the series. The guy on the left had only read the first 2 books and the other guy said something about an "adaptation" of 'The Stand'.. so I take he just watched the made for TV mini-series and has not read anything Tower related.

Just followed the above trailer to this trailer :

“Beyond the reach of human rage..A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...” ― Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This is my favorite reaction video to date. NSFW or if you're offended by rough language:

Along the Path of the Beam Wicked will become famous soon enough Wicked's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This is my favorite reaction video to date. NSFW or if you're offended by rough language:

heh, we linked the same one.
    “Beyond the reach of human rage..A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...” ― Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I wish that some of these reaction trailers were from actual fans of the series. The guy on the left had only read the first 2 books and the other guy said something about an "adaptation" of 'The Stand'.. so I take he just watched the made for TV mini-series and has not read anything Tower related.

Just followed the above trailer to this trailer :

Hay if non fans are excited that will only help the film

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    So how many times has everyone watched the trailer? I've watched it at least 15 times now
    I wacthed it 19 times

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I wacthed it 19 times
    lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like non-fan reactions, because for the film to do well and ensure we get more Dark Tower, they need to be excited, not us.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, Pablo.

I really like non-fan reactions, because for the film to do well and ensure we get more Dark Tower, they need to be excited, not us.

The Trailer has almost 10 mill views: )

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your totally right... and the only ones complaining.... are die hard fans. Just people who really have read the books. I find collectors are more excited than not though as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've gone through the trailers and previews frame by frame several times now and here are some thoughts.

Spoiler:
    1. I think the filmmakers smartly made a modest budgeted film set mostly in New York so it would almost definitely make its money back therefore guaranteeing a second film and probably tv series.

2. Casting is also very smart bringing in built in audiences of fans of Idris and Matthew.

3. Trailer nicely sets up the basic storyline of Jake having visions of another world then getting pulled into it to help save both worlds.

4. King has stated that this film starts as the first book does with the classic opening line. The shots of Roland in Mid-World by himself are clearly from the beginning where he's pursuing The Man in Black.

5. Jake coming through a portal into the desert obviously differs from the books but I understand the change.

6. The trailers show Jake and Roland travelling a great distance across desert, rock, grass, river, forest and mountains. There is a brief shot of a creature coming toward camera. In the background, it looks like it might be under the mountains where Jake falls. I think this creature is a Slow Mutant. There is also a brief shot where it looks like Jake is falling in the same setting. It makes me think that still happens in this version.

7. There is a brief shot of a free floating open door with 1919 upon it. All around is devastation. It's still possible for Roland to come to this door after Jake falls and go through to his world and meet back up with him. I don't see why they would feature the tag ling, "There are other worlds than these," and not use that iconic scene.

8. When Jake comes through the portal you can see (only in the leaked version of trailer) a residue mist of the door he just came through which is rectangular like the ones on the beach as it quickly dissipates. That trailer also shows the portal so maybe they travel multiple times.

9. The shot of Jake being enveloped by part of the house is also very encouraging. They show Roland at this portal as well which is how Jake got to his world so I assume he's going back there at some point.

10. Jake has a bag with him that contains his notebook of select drawings of his visions as well as possibly some books.

11. Roland's left hand seems to have a scar on it which is not there in the flashback with his father, Steven. Maybe he still has an encounter with the Lobstrosities.

12. All the stuff at the Dixie Pig seems to me to show the danger they have to escape from after being reunited in New York. I'm sure while Roland is there he will stock up on ammunition and Astin.

13. I expect a lot of references to other King material throughout. I'm really hoping that King's name is mentioned straight out to set up his being a character later. I see no reason using the number 19 unless they plan on visiting the author.

14. I have no problem with this trailer focusing on the action with Roland as that is important and that's what trailers do. They show action shots in quick cuts.

15. We also see MIB looking through the Wizard's Glass. There's a close up of his face where we see flames reflected in his eyes.

16. The shots of the Tower exploding are most likely visions from either Jake or both him and Roland. They show the six interconnected beams and the affect on Jake's world if the Tower is destroyed.

17. So much to anticipate from this trailer. Hopefully we'll see another one with more imagery before August. I can't see why they would stray too far. It looks like the first half of this film will be The Gunslinger then they will skip around a bit so Roland can reunite with Jake sooner and be in New York to keep the budget down.

18. I hope this film ends with Roland on the beach with perhaps a hint at the second door and drawing Eddie and Susannah in the next movie.

19. I think Jake must die about halfway through this first film as there isn't much drama if he doesn't. Remember, Roland chooses to let go but Jake says there are other worlds than these implying he thinks the Tower is more important than him and to let go. The flashbacks should mostly be held back for the tv series as they would slow down this film.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if anyone has already posted this....but did you see the photo of the Overlook (Stanley) Hotel in the therapist's office?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Hay if non fans are excited that will only help the film
    I agree, but I'd love to see one with what fans think as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Don't know if anyone has already posted this....but did you see the photo of the Overlook (Stanley) Hotel in the therapist's office?
    Yep. Caught it the second time I watched it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Damn, so I guess the DT tralier is not being shown with guardians: ( Sigh.. Would of been good exsposer. Oh well maybe Alien Covenant. I hope. I want to see the trailer on the big screen.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

With all the hype last year with Charlie the Choo Choo, will we see any appearance or references in the movie? Or do you think Charlie and Blaine to be in the made for TV series.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked my family this same question when they came back from Guardians as well. I was surprised it wasn't one of the trailers shown.

Damn, so I guess the DT tralier is not being shown with guardians: ( Sigh.. Would of been good exsposer. Oh well maybe Alien Covenant. I hope. I want to see the trailer on the big screen.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Guardians yesterday and no DT trailer for me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the Guardians yesterday as well. There were no trailers. It was in my own house though?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No trailer here either. Maybe it's too new. And since it's Sony, I think it'll definitely show with Spider-Man.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No trailer here either. Maybe it's too new. And since it's Sony, I think it'll definitely show with Spider-Man.

Seems like a solid theory!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam brethren will become famous soon enough

Man, I thought after the trailer was finally released, there'd be a lot of discussion about it here.

Maybe it's somewhat telling that no one is saying much.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brethren View Post
    Man, I thought after the trailer was finally released, there'd be a lot of discussion about it here.

Not just here but in general. It really felt like EVERYONE was talking about It when the trailer for that came out. With DT, not so much.

Admittedly DT has more of an uphill battle given the relatively simple premise for It (evil clown) and the recognition with the miniseries but still.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For me I'm always a pessimist so I'm just trying to keep my mouth closed as not to ruin the fun for others. I am in the minority here that was wishing for a closer adaption to the books. A new story was unexpected and is still disappointing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by brethren View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 254 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 ... LastLast