Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 254 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Even a single novel would do. I'm pumped to see the movie version of the end, but nothing would top a legitimate, full-stop ending by King. Something bittersweet like 11/22/63 would work; an epiphany maybe that after all these years it's time to hang up the guns. A realization and a lesson that he gave it his whole and that right there was the lesson. Long days yada yada.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Delah makes a good point as to why it makes sense for Roland to not let Jake fall to his death, but I still feel that not including that aspect of the story hurts Roland's character, and doesn't set the stakes as high as if he were to let Jake fall. In the book, once he lets Jake fall, we were all like, "wow, this dude is for real." It gives the (reader) viewer the impression that this guy will do anything to catch The Man in Black and save the tower, even if that means letting his young companion fall to his death.

Anyway, in regards to the trailer. I think it looks good and my level of excitement is at a reasonable level. I will say, it surprises me how people on a website dedicated to The Dark Tower aren't, at the very least, interested in renting the film. I'm surprised at how many Dark Tower fans have vowed not to see the film regardless. I can understand why they would feel like that, but how can they not be even the least bit curious as to how the film turns out.

I just think it's cool how I can be surfing the internet and all of a sudden a pop-up fills my screen promoting The Dark Tower. This is something I read in my dark room 12 years ago and here it is for the world to see. There's something cool about that.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, that shouldn't be tolerated, that word is offensive to all.
    The way the interview reads (here), and how I believe a lot of us read it, was that if you don't agree with Idris being chosen, then your... If he was referring to a handful of internet trolls on facebook, he could have made that clearer, because he didn't seem to be calling them out in his comment. At times this thread has gotten heated over this decision, but I believe we've remained respectful of our words.

[QUOTE=WeDealInLead;1058425]
    Quote Originally Posted by brethren View Post

Second point: Akiva posted his response after people started casually dropping the N-word in the comments section. No one should tolerate that shit and if it's upsetting to you that he called them out, that's your problem.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Even a single novel would do. I'm pumped to see the movie version of the end, but nothing would top a legitimate, full-stop ending by King. Something bittersweet like 11/22/63 would work; an epiphany maybe that after all these years it's time to hang up the guns. A realization and a lesson that he gave it his whole and that right there was the lesson. Long days yada yada.
    Exactly!

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Im still confused about Steven Deschain in the trailer. Because you see him with a younger looking Roland. How old was Roland when his dad died? Anybody know? I can't remember

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=mattgreenbean;1058436]I agree, that shouldn't be tolerated, that word is offensive to all.
    The way the interview reads (here), and how I believe a lot of us read it, was that if you don't agree with Idris being chosen, then your... If he was referring to a handful of internet trolls on facebook, he could have made that clearer, because he didn't seem to be calling them out in his comment. At times this thread has gotten heated over this decision, but I believe we've remained respectful of our words.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Second point: Akiva posted his response after people started casually dropping the N-word in the comments section. No one should tolerate that shit and if it's upsetting to you that he called them out, that's your problem.
    Agreed, his language should've been more precise.

Along the Path of the Beam brethren will become famous soon enough

I was just saying it sounded like Akiva was labeling anyone who disagreed with the casting of Elba as Roland as a racist. If that's not the case, then that's cool. I'd like to think I have the right to disagree with the decision, even if it's only because Roland was white in the books. I don't think that makes me a racist in and of itself.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Im still confused about Steven Deschain in the trailer. Because you see him with a younger looking Roland. How old was Roland when his dad died? Anybody know? I can't remember
    He died right before the fall of Gilead. I think that was shortly after Roland passed his trial of manhood, so would make him around 14-15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

It pretty much doesn't matter though because there's a whole new set of rules with the new movie.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It pretty much doesn't matter though because there's a whole new set of rules with the new movie.
    I think anything that happened before Roland gets to the Mohaine Desert should be the same because that's where/when the cycles start.

Wanted:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Why do you say that? The quest started long before the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I think anything that happened before Roland gets to the Mohaine Desert should be the same because that's where/when the cycles start.

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Spoiler:
    When Roland goes through the door at the top of the tower he ends up in the Mohaine Desert, which I always assumed was taking us back to where The Gunslinger starts. That leads me to believe everything that happened before the start of The Gunslinger is fixed and not part of the cycle.

Wanted:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

When Roland goes through the door at the top of the tower he ends up in the Mohaine Desert, which I always assumed was taking us back to where The Gunslinger starts. That leads me to believe everything that happened before the start of The Gunslinger is fixed and not part of the cycle.
    If he has the horn of eld, earlier things had to have changed.

At the end of Book 7
    Spoiler:
    he is dropped back into the Mohaine Desert where Book 1 started, but still, that doesn't mean things didn't change prior to that point.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm curious if a straight adaptation with minimal deviation would start and end with The Gunslinger. It's not even the lack of a distinct selling point or a target audience (there's a little of everything but a mishmash isn't the way to go, IMO.) I think it comes down to Roland and his general disposition - he's simply not someone I care enough about in The Gunslinger. The producers (and investors) need to keep the general audience in mind for these things, and how do you sell a mass-killing, raping, child-sacrificing "good guy" to the millions of people and have them come back? Had this been on HBO in the weekly format, maybe they could pull it off.

I could be wrong. I'm curious to see what others think.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

When Roland goes through the door at the top
    Spoiler:
    of the tower he ends up in the Mohaine Desert, which I always assumed was taking us back to where The Gunslinger starts. That leads me to believe everything that happened before the start of The Gunslinger is fixed and not part of the cycle.
    Spoiler:

If he has the horn of eld, earlier things had to have changed.
    That's a good point. I kind of always chocked that up to a Duex ex machina type thing and Gan was trying to set him on the right path.

Spoiler:

How would prior events change if Roland ends up in the Mohaine Desert and didn't actually go through those past events again? Maybe he did and just doesn't remember and becomes "conscious" at the point where book 1 starts? Maybe Gan just changed the events of the past without Roland having to relive them? Hypothesizing out loud

Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

At the end of Book 7 he is dropped back into the Mohaine Desert where Book 1 started, but still, that doesn't mean things didn't change prior to that point.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I'm trying to figure out what might have caused that change if Roland didn't relive the events. Basically,
    Spoiler:
    how'd he get the horn of eld without reliving the battle of Jericho and doing it differently?

Wanted:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey folks, I know it's pretty much unavoidable sometimes, but do try keeping spoilers to a minimum. If need be, spoiler tags are always a good thing. There are lots of newcomers coming to our little forum with the movie news and the trailer dropping.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Good call, Pablo. I'm combing through this thread and spoiler tagging any post I can find.

Country
    Country Flag

+1 good call Pablo. I just edited my recent posts accordingly.

Wanted:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My local rock station DJ was talking about the Dark Tower movie trailer. (A ClearChannel station) It sounded like a sponsored spot.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

My favorite part of the trailer was Roland teaching Jake to shoot, and telling him the Gunslinger Creed. A very Ka-Tet moment. I hope ther chemistry is good. The movie hinges on it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I just reread the end and
    Spoiler:
    it directly mentions Roland picking up the horn so at a minimum that part of his past is different. However, it also says "Roland touched the horn again, and its reality was oddly comforting, as if he had never touched it before." Gan also says "this is your sigul". I interpret this to mean that Gan changed that moment in Roland's past to help Roland finally get it right. Since that moment his guns have been his sigul, but the horn is what he actually needs to use. The reason it feels like he's never touched it before is because in the timeline before the cycles started Roland didn't take the horn so he a actually hasn't touched it for hundreds of years. Gan being what it is was able to dues ex machina it back to him since he's failed so so many times and it wants to help. That being said if Gan can change that moment in Roland's past it could have changed others as well without having made Roland relive them.

Wanted:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 254 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 ... LastLast