Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 254 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I hope it's at least two and a half hours long.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I think the orcs are actually slow mutants. Just a guess but in the scene they were in what appears to be a shanty town.
    I thought the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    What if the movie surprises us and we get Rolands fight with Cort? Steven Dechain was briefly in the trailer.
    I really feel like there is a lot of The Gunslinger in this.

It feels like we are going to get a lot of The Gunslinger. How Jake and Roland first met, etc. The first show down with Flagg (or I guess Walter) and then a dabble across some of the series to show the travel between worlds and 'whens'. Then I think the TV series will take over with the middle books in the series and backstory and then the final showdown in another epic movie.

So the following.....:

Epic Movie Introduction ----- TV Series (Bulk of the story nice and slow like it needs to be) ----- Epic Movie Conclusion.

That is at least how I hope they would do it. That would be fascinating for the readers of this amazing and all epic series. Yes, I said all-epic. :-)
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I hope it's at least two and a half hours long.

Yeah, I agree. Looks amazing. So far.................

And I want to reiterate, I am 110% behind the "new" take on the story. I hope they do a great job, am optimistic they will and glad they didn't try to do a direct adaption.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's pissing me off that IMDB does not have a single announcement about the new trailer yet, but there's 3 fucking articles about Katy Perry joining a show called Carpool Karaoke.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    It's pissing me off that IMDB does not have a single announcement about the new trailer yet, but there's 3 fucking articles about Katy Perry joining a show called Carpool Karaoke.

Well, Katie has "Major league Yaboo's" and TDT does not!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Damaskus is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=St. Troy;1058129]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    ...I was out after Jake said Earth, so Roland is an alien?...So has Roland been traveling between planets al this time??

While I'm not necessarily out, this +1. I found the line extremely jarring because it is so out of place with the language of the books.

Also, for me, the Man In Black is bordering on caricature/over-the-top, but I'll give Matthew M. a chance.

Elba was decent. Gun-play looks decent. No major complaints here.

Jake looks like Jake, although I don't like the YA vibe (as others have mentioned)...makes me concerned they're going to try for a PG-13 rating.

Overall, it was better than I was expecting...but now I'm fairly sure they're not going to be able to pull this off for true fans...or general audiences alike. This is a tough sell. And, it needs to be financially successful if we're ever going to get the TV series they keep talking about (which is what this should have been all along). Good news: budget is only about $ 50-60 million, if I remember correctly...so it doesn't need to do gangbusters box office to make some cash.

With all that said, it was good to finally see the damn trailer! Reservations aside, I'll be there opening night. Just my opinions...anyone else agree/disagree?

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Damaskus;1058207]
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...I was out after Jake said Earth, so Roland is an alien?...So has Roland been traveling between planets al this time??

While I'm not necessarily out, this +1. I found the line extremely jarring because it is so out of place with the language of the books.

Also, for me, the Man In Black is bordering on caricature/over-the-top, but I'll give Matthew M. a chance.

Jake looks like Jake, although I don't like the YA vibe (as others have mentioned)...makes me concerned they're going to try for a PG-13 rating.

Overall, it was better than I was expecting...but now I'm fairly sure they're not going to be able to pull this off for true fans...or general audiences alike. This is a tough sell. And, it needs to be financially successful if we're ever going to get the TV series they keep talking about (which is what this should have been all along). Good news: budget is only about $ 50-60 million, if I remember correctly...so it doesn't need to do gangbusters box office to make some cash.

With all that said, it was good to finally see the damn trailer! Reservations aside, I'll be there opening night. Just my opinions...anyone else agree/disagree?

I agree with the "You'll like earth" line. Really stuck out and was concerning. Maybe shortly after Roland will explain we are on the same planet, just different Whens. Fingers crossed.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=TravelinJack;1058213]
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaskus View Post

I agree with the "You'll like earth" line. Really stuck out and was concerning. Maybe shortly after Roland will explain we are on the same planet, just different Whens. Fingers crossed.
    To someone like Jake... he would say something like that. I don't find that out of place at all. WHAT would YOU say in that situation? Just because King did not say it like that in the books... I just think it would make sense for someone to say that in this situation. Not a big deal to me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WHAT would YOU say in that situation?
    "You'd like my world."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Take a moment, breath. Then wait for the actual film to debut............. Then we will know, right? Have a little faith, folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    WHAT would YOU say in that situation?
    "You'd like my world."
    Works for me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WHAT YA VIBE!?!?

I keep seeing this mentioned. Exactly what is YA about the trailer?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I made the mistake of watching this earlier. She might be tolerable if she knew anything at all about this series.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Re: the "Jake/YA" thing:

If this movie begins with Jake and frames Roland/Roland's world as something Jake discovers and must deal with, turning DT into a dark and dangerous version of The Neverending Story, that would SUUUUUUUCK. Whatever changes they felt compelled to make, DT is Roland's rodeo.

So let's hope it does not do that...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

If this movie begins with Jake and frames Roland/Roland's world as something Jake discovers and must deal with, turning DT into a dark and dangerous version of The Neverending Story, that would SUUUUUUUCK. Whatever changes they felt compelled to make, DT is Roland's rodeo.

Thats why I hope Jake dies. Plus the trailer mostly focused on Roland. So that gives me hope.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Also the Trailer has a lot of views and likes

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...tower-trailer/

Dennis Haysbert is Steven Deschain. I knew I recognized him.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

John F. Kennedy Argie is on a distinguished road Argie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King himself said this would not be a direct adaptation of his books. So i dont get why are there still people confused and upset about the changes in the storyline .

Agreed 100%.
    Last edited by Damaskus; 05-03-2017 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Adding a thought

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I expected Flagg to be more over the top. I'm glad it seems not so much. I like the gun play!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post

Thats why I hope Jake dies. Plus the trailer mostly focused on Roland. So that gives me hope.
    I would bet everything I own that Roland doesn't let Jake die in the movie.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I was doubtful. After seeing the trailer, I'm in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 254 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 ... LastLast