Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 254 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The way that video's thumbnail was edited makes Roland's revolver appear to have a comically sharp hammer .

---

I think actor Rutina Wesley could put on a great face for the role of Detta Walker / Odetta Holmes / Susannah Dean.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    With the amount of release date changes, lack of a trailer, etc., I've moved all my eggs into the "It" basket.
    Same here. It wouldn't surprise me at all unfortunately if It is a huge hit with everyone and DT ends up being dead on arrival at this point.
    How was the final cut?
    Pretty good but I'd remove the scene where Roland and Walter have the dance-off.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

But that's my favourite part of The Gunslinger!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland has the Commala skills. What has Walter got?

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

My guess is TDT will be very good, but many fans of the book series will not like it ala ASOIAF/Game of Thrones.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasherman View Post
    My guess is TDT will be very good, but many fans of the book series will not like it ala ASOIAF/Game of Thrones.
    Heck if the movie turns out very good and makes money, it would be like my favorite team winning the super bowl!. If the movie gets at least a score in the 60's on metacritic. Ill be doing backflips lol. For DT to gain victory over the snobby critics is a big dream for me right now. I just want the series to be recognized. I'm tired of King being lumped in the horror category all the time.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Of course, if it is successful, the makers will be even more like, "yeah, sorry we paid no attention to the books, but...wait, why are we acknowledging you again?"
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, in film it really doesn't matter how good it is perceived. The P/L will determine it's future.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Right.

Having said that, I still think we're in for an interesting (in a good way) experience.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Right.

Having said that, I still think we're in for an interesting (in a good way) experience.
    No argument here. Of course, I hope it foes exceedingly well at the box office so that they will push forward.

Spoiler:
    I'm just a little leery having been burned before by, Bashki's LOTR, Carnivale and several others I can't think of at the moment.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Roland has the Commala skills. What has Walter got?
    A mean ass cowboy two step.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Man, IT is soaking up all the publicity. Come on Sony! Release the DT trailer. Fight Back! Lol Pennywise has Roland in a headlock right now. Giving him a wedgie. Damn it I wish Warner Brothers had the DT rights instead. At least movie would get some marketing.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they're purposely holding back until the IT fervor has died down a little bit, which is smart. I can see the trailer being released for Easter Weekend. Getting shown with Fast 87 will get it some exposure.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't smart at all to plan the film a month before IT. Even worst: it wasn't smart to plan IT and The Dark Tower on the same year...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    It wasn't smart at all to plan the film a month before IT. Even worst: it wasn't smart to plan IT and The Dark Tower on the same year...
    Forgive my ignorance, but are both movies from Sony?

I don't believe so.

I think this is one of those situations where both projects are too far along for one to wait for the other to "blink".

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why not? It would only create a buzz for the other film... should it be good of course. Can't see the logic in it not being smart though...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They both operate on fairly different genres (one is straight horror, the other a sci-fi/fantasy hybrid) so I don't think one will negatively affect the other.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually think that they have all been postponed to rouhgly the same time periode, to profit from the King hype.
    THE MIST prior to them, to benefit from the other King's trailers?
    MR MERCEDES was planned for 2018 and moved for not long after IT.

I wonder when the netflix movies will be released (GERALD'S GAME but also 1922 altougth we haven't heard of it since it was purchased, beginning of the year? saying that they were gonna shoot shortly after)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Why not? It would only create a buzz for the other film... should it be good of course. Can't see the logic in it not being smart though...
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    They both operate on fairly different genres (one is straight horror, the other a sci-fi/fantasy hybrid) so I don't think one will negatively affect the other.
    Simple fix:

"From the mind of Stephen King, author of IT, The Mist and The Shawshank Redemption.. coming this Summer - The Dark Tower."

Boom.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any chance we get the trailer on my birthday tomorrow? It is the 19th.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Happy bday!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All I can say it's a great year for SK fans

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Happy bday!
    Thanks. It is also Tim Curry's birthday tomorrow. (And the anniversary of the Branch Davidians burning and the Oklahoma City bombing but why be negative?)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy bday!
    Thanks. It is also Tim Curry's birthday tomorrow. (And the anniversary of the Branch Davidians burning and the Oklahoma City bombing but why be negative?)

Then why bring that Branch Davidian, etc crap up? I mean really do we need to dwell on this? Is that what you're implying? LOL Just wondering is all.

My birthday is 6 days before 9/11, but don't even think about it folks.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 254 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... LastLast