Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 254 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Will probably have to be able to prove that though
    He showed the stories to Kirby McCauley at some point, and he got them published. The first one in F&SF in 1978, which is only shortly after the first issue of the comic in question. I'm sure there's other documentation available.
    As usual TMZ reporting is a joke. Who is suing? Is Warren Publishing suing? Where was the suit filed? If TMZ has any actual knowledge of the suit then why don't they provide any details?

Waiting 35 years to sue probably violates a limitations statute. $500 million is also a ridiculous figure. This seems to me to be a frivolous lawsuit.
    It's not that uncommon to see these lawsuits before a movie premiere though. The case will likely be thrown out, but if nothing else, it gives the creator of the comic some exposure he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    No, I think diehard fans are just desperate to find something - anything - to nitpick, no matter how minuscule.
    These aren't minuscule nitpicks when put together. We are talking about the plot in the film as well as the aesthetic that they're bringing forward.

The last thing I expect is a literal adaptation. The new It movie seems to be making some changes but it's still recognizable as what King wrote.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    No, I think diehard fans are just desperate to find something - anything - to nitpick, no matter how minuscule.
    These aren't minuscule nitpicks when put together. We are talking about the plot in the film as well as the aesthetic that they're bringing forward.

The last thing I expect is a literal adaptation. The new It movie seems to be making some changes but it's still recognizable as what King wrote.
    I understand your and everyone else's concern, but the way they are doing this
    Spoiler:
    (20th loop)
    means all bets are off. Seems to me that we will have to wait and actually see it before we can really critique it, no? The trailer is just a tease, no real substance, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Will probably have to be able to prove that though
    He showed the stories to Kirby McCauley at some point, and he got them published. The first one in F&SF in 1978, which is only shortly after the first issue of the comic in question. I'm sure there's other documentation available.
    As usual TMZ reporting is a joke. Who is suing? Is Warren Publishing suing? Where was the suit filed? If TMZ has any actual knowledge of the suit then why don't they provide any details?

Waiting 35 years to sue probably violates a limitations statute. $500 million is also a ridiculous figure. This seems to me to be a frivolous lawsuit.
    It's not that uncommon to see these lawsuits before a movie premiere though. The case will likely be thrown out, but if nothing else, it gives the creator of the comic some exposure he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
    Who ever heard of The Rook anyway? If it's just seeking publicity they could probably have done it cheaper. In most, if not all, states the losing side in a civil suit pays the winning side's attorney's fees. If this goes beyond an initial hearing the fees will be quite substantial.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

this lack of trailer is really starting to piss me off.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Right?! I keep coming into this thread every day hoping a trailer will finally exist.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perchance, you wouldn't happen to have green skin and a surly disposition, would you ?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower film has been moved to August 4th

In The Dark Tower, the mythical, shadowy edifice they’re chasing is also elusive. It exists in a trans-dimensional state, and pinning it down to a specific time and place can be difficult.

The same is true of the movie. It just moved back another week, to Aug. 4.

Originally slated for release this past February, the adaptation of Stephen King’s epic six-guns-and-sorcery tale later shifted to July 28 — a date that seemed to stand despite the lack of a single trailer with only about three months to go. (By comparison, the new version of King’s It just dropped its first trailer, and that doesn’t open until Sept. 8.)

Fans expected to get word of another push-back, but when The Dark Tower‘s sleek new poster was released a week ago it doubled-down on the July 28 release date.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/30/the-...ime-to-august/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, The Dark Tower and It will now open five weeks apart. Crazy!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The big news in that article:
    Sources tell EW a trailer release is imminent...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The big news in that article:
    Sources tell EW a trailer release is imminent...

Oh Pleeeaaassse!! Soon!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Right?! I keep coming into this thread every day hoping a trailer will finally exist.
    I'm under pablo's dinner table waiting for scraps to fall.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

An extra week?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh FFS! Another put back, maybe it's gonna be out in time for Christmas!!!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the release is now too close to It. At this point, it would make more sense to hold it back for December.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I think the release is now too close to It. At this point, it would make more sense to hold it back for December.
    I really don't think they want to go up against the new Star Wars movie.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I really don't think they want to go up against the new Star Wars movie.
    Yeah no... December be the worst idea for this film ever. Summer is the right time.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like looking ahead a little bit to Drawing of the Three. If Jake still dies in this, and Jack Mort is still around in the film (he has to be, right?). Who would you cast for the key parts in TDotT?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I feel like looking ahead a little bit to Drawing of the Three. If Jake still dies in this, and Jack Mort is still around in the film (he has to be, right?). Who would you cast for the key parts in TDotT?
    I think Jesse Plemons would make a great Jack Mort.

(Warning huge Breaking Bad spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St66q8c-u-M
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With the amount of release date changes, lack of a trailer, etc., I've moved all my eggs into the "It" basket.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    With the amount of release date changes, lack of a trailer, etc., I've moved all my eggs into the "It" basket.
    Same here. It wouldn't surprise me at all unfortunately if It is a huge hit with everyone and DT ends up being dead on arrival at this point.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Same here. It wouldn't surprise me at all unfortunately if It is a huge hit with everyone and DT ends up being dead on arrival at this point.
    How was the final cut?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I think Jesse Plemons would make a great Jack Mort.

(Warning huge Breaking Bad spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St66q8c-u-M
    Meth Damon could do a great job.

I think Odette/Detta/Susannah would be best suited with Academy Award nominee Naomie Harris. She can play the angry part very effectively.

And fans of 28 Days Later know she can be a strong, bad ass too.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I also like Kevin Durand as Balthazar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 254 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 ... LastLast