Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 254 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They always say how great it is beforehand. Remember BVS just recently? I don't hold a lot of water in these pre-release things. I HOPE SO... do not get me wrong just don't buy 100% what they say!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some of the comments underneath that first impression come off as mighty stupid. Sadly, they're not the outliers: they're the ones with the most support.

You're talking about a movie adaptation where they have changed the main character from a Clint Eastwood archetype to a black Englishman.
    *sigh*

I think it started when they cast a huge , handsome brute of a man as Roland.
    Yes, because most of the other actors people wanted to play Roland aren't handsome. Also, "brute"? Yikes.

---

As for the meat of that article, it can mostly be summed up with "The actors are pretty good and there are instances that remind me of the novels but there are parts that don't." Anyone that has been diligently following news about this adaptation/sequel since Idris Elba was announced to play Roland Deschain and Matthew McConaughey was announced to play Water Paddick/The Man in Black knows it isn't going to follow the original story to a tee. Or, even a you.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

"Wearing a simple black shirt and pants, the Man in Black's abilities include stopping bullets between his fingers without looking, moving fallen shards of glass out of his umbra and other telekinetic abilities that would impress Yoda himself. Even if he was just trying.

Copied from Lilja's Library: http://liljas-library.com/ "

So much lolz

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Given that a trailer exists, any educated guesses as to when the masses (us) will get to see it?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    "Wearing a simple black shirt and pants, the Man in Black's abilities include stopping bullets between his fingers without looking, moving fallen shards of glass out of his umbra and other telekinetic abilities that would impress Yoda himself. Even if he was just trying.

So much lolz
    Flagg did have powers in the books though didn't he? It seems if anything, he was under-powered in the DT books. But he had more in The Stand and Eyes of the Dragon.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

So much lolz
    Flagg did have powers in the books though didn't he? It seems if anything, he was under-powered in the DT books. But he had more in The Stand and Eyes of the Dragon.
    Indeed. Surviving an atomic blast at point-blank range is pretty damn "superheroic".

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently re-read DT 1 & 2 and am very rusty on the rest, but I know Flagg couldn't be shot in DT1. For me, the question is, does the film make it look gritty and realistic, or flashy and Star Wars-y (I prefer the former)?

Traveler Damaskus is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I recently re-read DT 1 & 2 and am very rusty on the rest, but I know Flagg couldn't be shot in DT1. For me, the question is, does the film make it look gritty and realistic, or flashy and Star Wars-y (I prefer the former)?

Good call on this. Forgive me if I'm wrong (it's been a little while since I read the books), but wasn't it also mentioned in Wizard & Glass that Roland couldn't shoot RF with his own guns, but he could with the gun Jake stole from his father? If I remember correctly, RF realized at one point that Roland had a gun from Jake's world and fled? Sorry if I'm mixing up details!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Damaskus View Post

Good call on this. Forgive me if I'm wrong (it's been a little while since I read the books), but wasn't it also mentioned in Wizard & Glass that Roland couldn't shoot RF with his own guns, but he could with the gun Jake stole from his father? If I remember correctly, RF realized at one point that Roland had a gun from Jake's world and fled? Sorry if I'm mixing up details!
    You've got the right of it. Only Jake's Ruger was a threat.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post

So much lolz
    Indeed. Surviving an atomic blast at point-blank range is pretty damn "superheroic".
    He resurrected someone in The Gunslinger too.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damaskus View Post

You've got the right of it. Only Jake's Ruger was a threat.
    That was the gist of it. IIRC, the only reason he got away was because the gun got snagged on something when Roland went to draw it and it cost him an extra split second.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a different take on the trailer...............

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Here's a different take on the trailer...............

This is exactly what I was worried about happening...

Like how do you mess something up as similar as the doors?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

So much lolz
    I thought he teleported or something similar before the bomb blew up?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"The symbols on Roland's six-shooters glowed blue at certain moments when he was firing off rounds, which also gave the story a sci-fi feel that feels entirely misplaced"
    That actually sounds pretty bad ass.

How is giving the story a sci-fi feel misplaced? Wut?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    "The symbols on Roland's six-shooters glowed blue at certain moments when he was firing off rounds, which also gave the story a sci-fi feel that feels entirely misplaced"
    That actually sounds pretty bad ass.

Agreed!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who is this Quint person? I say wait to see the trailer and judge your own reactions then. It should be coming shortly, I would imagine. If not this week, then next.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's how I always envisioned the doors on the beach. As Roland approaches the door the camera arcs around in a 360 degree turn so we see what he sees through the door. As we come around the side and he steps through, he vanishes into nothingness. The back end shows him stepping through towards the audience. As we come full circle we now see Roland in the other world beyond the door.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are sci-fi elements in the books but the movie seems to be ramping up them where they don't belong (I.E. making the doors like Stargates and having everything look futuristic as opposed to old and 'moved on').
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The great old ones were a very powerful society that were able to replicate the magic of the prim with science. I don't think it's at all unbelievable they'd have futuristic sci-fi type technology and that it'd look that way. It should just also look like it hasn't been maintained for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    There are sci-fi elements in the books but the movie seems to be ramping up them where they don't belong (I.E. making the doors like Stargates and having everything look futuristic as opposed to old and 'moved on').
    That's pretty much it.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I somewhat envisioned 2 types of doors. One sci-fi looking and the other more old world. Neither really looking new however one based in science and the other on something else.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I somewhat envisioned 2 types of doors. One sci-fi looking and the other more old world. Neither really looking new however one based in science and the other on something else.

Yes, I'm on exactly the same page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 254 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 ... LastLast