Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 254 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the track.

Interesting review there of the DT series too. I didn't agree with all he said (I liked Wolves of the Calla for example, although i agree it didn't add much to the whole series, but i didn't really think it was meant to. A self contained story for its own sake is okay.) I share his view on the ending(s) and the resolution to the bad guys, however.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I enjoyed Wolves the most. Or at least among the top 2-3 of the series. Callahan's story is one of my favorite bits of the series.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I like to think that, Kings' desire to "revise" the series will be at least partially realized in the films. FWIW
    I get that impression too.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I Sincerely think time is running out to get HYPE going for this.. we see trailers sometimes over a year in advance.. and we are just months away from release... very odd to say the least...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I Sincerely think time is running out to get HYPE going for this.. we see trailers sometimes over a year in advance.. and we are just months away from release... very odd to say the least...
    I've been thinking the same thing for quite a while now.

I just checked on the new Power Rangers movie that is coming out at the end of this month. They had a trailer in October. That's 6 months before the release date. We are currently about 4.5 months away from the DT movie and have basically nothing. Not counting the unfinished trailer that was leaked.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is it possible they're waiting for a certain date/event to release the trailer, i.e., they want to first run it before a specific movie or during a specific TV event to generate a certain kind of buzz etc.?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...es-in-sarasota

"And I've seen 'It' the film, and that's terrific," King said. "And I've seen 'The Dark Tower' and that's terrific."

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Is it possible they're waiting for a certain date/event to release the trailer, i.e., they want to first run it before a specific movie or during a specific TV event to generate a certain kind of buzz etc.?
    I doubt it. That's not really a thing anymore bc they usually post trailers the same day as when they are released in theaters. It's Sony so maybe Life bc it's scifi/horror. They might be done with cutesy 19 marketing after the failure of not making the original release date.

It seems like EW has been getting all the exclusivity so maybe they would post it first.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. In my head I read the quote with Donald Trumps voice.

(sorry for the randomness of the above)

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post

"And I've seen 'It' the film, and that's terrific," King said. "And I've seen 'The Dark Tower' and that's terrific."

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I just checked on the new Power Rangers movie that is coming out at the end of this month. They had a trailer in October. That's 6 months before the release date. We are currently about 4.5 months away from the DT movie and have basically nothing. Not counting the unfinished trailer that was leaked.
    Yeah especially with how little fanfare there has been compared to what's been going on with the "It" redo (and that's an easier sell).
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

So if King likes the DT film good news then? Maybe...

Along the Path of the Beam brethren will become famous soon enough

I looked at the trailer/release gap for a couple of other big budget movies out now:

Kong Skull Island: Just under 4 months.
    John Wick Chapter 2: 4 months.
    The Great Wall: 6 1/2 months.
    Logan: 4 1/2 months.
    Beauty and the Beast: 4 months.

So about 4 months seems normal, which is still 2 weeks away for DT.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    LOL. In my head I read the quote with Donald Trumps voice.

(sorry for the randomness of the above)

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post

You have my sympathies .

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    So if King likes the DT film good news then? Maybe...
    To be fair he's involved in the production of the film and he's given his approval to most if not all of the recent films based off his work.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy Argie is on a distinguished road Argie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://instagram.com/p/BRzBXxUAPcw/
    New póster. Looks official and pretty cool. The thinny appears on the sombra app.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I predicted Life would get the first trailer because it's a Sony film whose genre would be compatible. Telling people the trailer will premiere with that film might actually give Life a little Box Office boost.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking as an American male; this is WAY too much foreplay!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking as an American male; this is WAY too much foreplay!!
    Don't you like golf Jon?

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FLIPPED:

I love it. I wish it was more Mid-World themed, but the poster looks great.

Kinda of cool that when you flip it, you pick up on things. There are 3 guys on the street in the flipped one that I didnt even notice at first. Walter, and two others. I dont think the two others are just window dressing, 1 looks like a possible Low-Man?

Also when you flip it, it looks like the road is splitting in two and the world is falling apart.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man that is a SICK movie poster. Dammmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another look with the colors inverted.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I love that poster!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet stuff - very excited to see this one!

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know where these will be for sale?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Really inventive poster. I love that the tower is the white part. Very cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 254 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast