Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 254 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Traveler Gunslinger91 will become famous soon enough

I understand his quality as a actor but at least half of the drawing of three is detta walker wanting to kill Roland and Eddie because they are white and then sings of Susannah touches on it quite a bit too

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger91 View Post
    I understand his quality as a actor but at least half of the drawing of three is detta walker wanting to kill Roland and Eddie because they are white and then sings of Susannah touches on it quite a bit too
    Correct you are; expect lots of changes (the adaptation is believed to be heavy on the "adapt" part).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Traveler Gunslinger91 will become famous soon enough

It irks my soul I hate when they do that to adaptations

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So far this seems to be a very very loose adaptation of the series so I'd be surprised if we did get a sequel that it would follow the same route.

That being said I agree.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol where have you been? So true. Been over this a year ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Unpopular opinion: Apart from the caricature of Detta shouting "honky mahfah" every other sentence, the race dynamic does not really factor into the series all that much.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Correct you are; expect lots of changes (the adaptation is believed to be heavy on the "adapt" part).
    If you subscribe to the "19th loop theory" (which I believe most do), my understanding is that the film will represent the "20th and final loop(?)". hence, Roland has the horn of Eld. So all bets are kinda off is the premise, which I find very interesting and a very good way to approach the series in film.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Apart from the caricature of Detta shouting "honky mahfah" every other sentence, the race dynamic does not really factor into the series all that much.

That is quite an over simplification of her character. The racial aspect played a large part in her character. Now, they will need to fill that void with another equally as poignant dynamic IMHO. "A few Honky Muhfa's indeed". I would have thought more of you, Ferny. That dynamic is deeply woven in the cloth of her character in the books. Now, does it need to be reflected in the film? Maybe not, but something as passionate does IMHO. It defines a large part of her character make-up.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not quite. The latter half of the book introduces Odetta Holmes and her evil split personality of Detta Walker. Half of that time is divided between Odetta Holmes and Detta Walker. So...perhaps a quarter of The Drawing of the Three involves Detta making the journey along the beach of the Western Sea even more hellish for Roland and Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That is quite an over simplification of her character. The racial aspect played a large part in her character. Now, they will need to fill that void with another equally as poignant dynamic IMHO. "A few Honky Muhfa's indeed". I would have thought more of you, Ferny. That dynamic is deeply woven in the cloth of her character in the books. Now, does it need to be reflected in the film? Maybe not, but something as passionate does IMHO. It defines a large part of her character make-up.
    I am fairly certain that Detta did not refer to Roland Deschain as "the really bad man" as compared to Eddie Dean because Roland was extra white or couldn't slam dunk. The reason was deeper than melanin.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In all fairness you may be right, Bill. It's been years since I've done a complete re read. Maybe there's more to the race dynamic than my resin filled mind is able to recall.

I just know that when I think back on the series and all of the interactions between the Tet, the racial portion takes up the least space.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I just know that when I think back on the series and all of the interactions between the Tet, the racial portion takes up the least space.
    Likewise.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Not quite. The latter half of the book introduces Odetta Holmes and her evil split personality of Detta Walker. Half of that time is divided between Odetta Holmes and Detta Walker. So...perhaps a quarter of The Drawing of the Three involves Detta making the journey even more hellish for Roland and Eddie.

I am fairly certain that Detta did not refer to Roland Deschain as "the really bad man" as compared to Eddie Dean because Roland was extra white or couldn't slam dunk. The reason was deeper than melanin.
    Where the fuck did you pull this outta? I was not specific and I did no comparison. Her prejudice went back much further than, Roland as I recall. He was simply the present manifestation of it. Some folks just like to argue "race" even when it's not the sole topic.

Ferny, I'll give you a pass. I was just surprised is all.

Isamu, WTF is your agenda?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

No agenda. I just think people are putting an inordinate amount of importance on Mr. Deschain's skin color as it pertains to the Detta/Roland conflict. There are other more important reasons why she hates/fears him in particular.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No agenda. I just think people are putting an inordinate amount of importance on Mr. Deschain's skin color as it pertains to the Detta/Roland conflict. There are other more important reasons why she hates/fears him in particular.

First of all, you mis-represented my post. I never said any "angry stuff". I'm unsure why you seem to want to go on a "Race" rant, but I did not provoke or even participate in one. I really don't need this shit and you can go have at it to your delight. Whatever you want to spin it as, Roland and Detta had a race issue in the books. It was written and whether you agree or not it is what it is. I was only discussing the matter in that venue.

Regardless, have a ball. I'm out of here with that kind of ignorance.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

First of all, you mis-represented my post. I never said any "angry stuff". I'm unsure why you seem to want to go on a "Race" rant, but I did not provoke or even participate in one. I really don't need this shit and you can go have at it to your delight. Whatever you want to spin it as, Roland and Detta had a race issue in the books. It was written and whether you agree or not it is what it is. I was only discussing the matter in that venue.

Regardless, have a ball. I'm out of here with that kind of ignorance.
    I am not ranting. I am not shouting, nor am I swearing. Also, I did not say or imply that Detta didn't use racial slurs against Roland or felt ire towards him at least in part because of racism. My point is that the root of their conflict was more substantive than her disliking him simply because he bears the appearance of a man that looks like the Caucasians/white folk of Earth as Detta knows it.

To be frank, I wonder why this is still something people making into an issue more than a year now after the decision to cast Idris Elba was brought to the public's perception.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We need a trailer (or at least a teaser) REAL bad. Without it we only have old arguments to rehash. It's probably not going to happen but I am hoping to see one with Logan.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    We need a trailer (or at least a teaser) REAL bad. Without it we only have old arguments to rehash. It's probably not going to happen but I am hoping to see one with Logan.
    Wolverine and Roland Deschain in the same trailer would be too much testosterone to handle .

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Why does she keep calling it Dark Towers?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She's talking about the sequel, which she wasn't supposed to

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting a little impatient here.. where's our damn trailer!?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The Dark Tower meets Fawlty Towers.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    She doesn't read?

She doesn't know what movie she was in?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Winnick could call it flutergork for all I care, so long as her performance is good .

John F. Kennedy Argie is on a distinguished road Argie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...geles-weekend/

They are reshooting in LA? Can't be good.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ocean's Eight? OMG!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 254 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 ... LastLast