Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 254 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. It may be cool to see Rolanda in the TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Don't feed the trolls.

Just a joke dude. Chill.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

And before anyone says anything, Jamie Foxx is a helluva actor.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HAHAHA!!!!!! Damn I miss Wanda.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I'm getting more excited now for this project. The fact these filmmakers have enough confidence in what they shot to commit to the TV series before the numbers come in for the first film.
    Yeah, that surprised me too tbh. I don't know how much of the final cut they've seen, but if they're fast tracking a TV series, they must indeed have liked what they were shown.

Fuck man, I'm too pumped for this!

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wizard and Glass on HBO: Now with more Rhea of the Coos masturbation .

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wizard and Glass is my favorite book and it will actually get the proper time to tell the story in a mini-series. With The Gunslinger flashbacks included, I am expecting this to be way better than the movie.

BTW, there is a huge spoiler hidden in that EW article.
    Spoiler:
    Its says the flashback is framed by Roland telling Jake the story. That means Jake survives the first movie and there is no a "there are other worlds than these" moments.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well spotted Rube! I just want to know if it is a direct translation from the book will they look for a Eastwood lookalike or use Elba for the telling and a young Elba lookalike for him??? Also will we see the rest of the ka-tet as SK depicted them?? Or will all flash back be cancelled and just the story be told?!?! All this unknowing makes me wanna puke.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The article says the TV show will adapt W&G as well as Roland's days training as told in The Gunslinger.

Roland and Jake will be in the TV series as the framing device to tell the flashbacks.

King has insisted the film still starts the same as the book with the iconic opening line.

I assume Roland will still meet up with Jake at the way station. They will probably have Jake ask Roland about his past and he will say, "that is a tale for another time."

So that will tie into the TV Series.

I don't know how they will have Roland and Jake in New York in the first film though.

Maybe when Jake first sees him he has a double take then says, "hey, you're black now."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds as if they may be dropping the incident under the mountain this time around. That may or may not be a mistake. Regardless, we have to expect some major changes this time through the loop with him having the horn. It stands to reason that some significant incidents must change this time around and that would be one of the candidates, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe when Jake first sees him he has a double take then says, "hey, you're black now."
    Cute. The movie(s) may not have it, but I believe Jake's take regardless of race, gender, religion, etc. should be "You killed me! You fuck!"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Cute. The movie(s) may not have it, but I believe Jake's take regardless of race, gender, religion, etc. should be "You killed me! You fuck!"

Maybe this time he doesn't is what I'm pondering.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Jake, that was another me."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I believe when he drops Jake he damns himself. To truly break the cycle he has to not drop Jake. I think the second he wakes up after his conversation with The Man In Black, that's it. He's locked in.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I believe when he drops Jake he damns himself. To truly break the cycle he has to not drop Jake. I think the second he wakes up after his conversation with The Man In Black, that's it. He's locked in.
    That is what I was getting at. What if he doesn't drop, Jake this time around? Could be real good if they handle it well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Based on stuff I heard from early versions of the script I had theorized (before it eventually got revealed) that the movie was going to be the next loop and that he wasn't going to drop Jake thus redeeming himself. Someone on the inside said that the mountain scene is in there but had some changes to it. Since we have seen the haunted house that brings Jake into mid-world the second time is in the first film it seems likely that they are using that to bring in Jake because there will be only one entry point not two.

Also since they are doing the haunted house pre-Eddie and Susannah we can assume there is no circle rape scene and no pregnancy/Modrid. That would be good news in my book.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So HTF (how the fuck) does this work? Jake comes the the Dutch house to the way station? If not dropping Jake means redemption what about Tull... also where the heck are Eddie and Susanna??

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tull happened before the loop so it has to be outside whatever redemption he can get. King has said many times that there is clearly a path that Roland can take to free himself and has hinted that it's what happens under the mountain. Eddie and Susannah are mostly likely still coming but in the second film which is implied to have them drawn as they are in the second book. I assume you are right that Jake is going to go from the house to the way station.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The house scene is key to the entire series. Susannah has to be there to distract the demon while Eddie uses the key he made to get to Jake and pull him through.

If Roland doesn't drop Jake then they are both there on the beach when the doors are revealed. Maybe Jake prevents the lobstrosities from injuring Roland and they both go through the door to New York.

What about Jake getting pushed into the street and Odetta getting hit by the brick?

I wonder if Jake and Roland have any memories of the previous iteration.

Country
    Country Flag

The house scene is key to the entire series. Susannah has to be there to distract the demon while Eddie uses the key he made to get to Jake and pull him through.
    I think they will drop the whole pregnancy thing. Mordred is a character that goes nowhere and most of the pregnancy stuff with Mia would translate horrible to film. I would not be shocked for them to get rid of all of SOS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If Roland doesn't drop Jake then they are both there on the beach when the doors are revealed. Maybe Jake prevents the lobstrosities from injuring Roland and they both go through the door to New York.

What about Jake getting pushed into the street and Odetta getting hit by the brick?

I wonder if Jake and Roland have any memories of the previous iteration.

I think the thing to remember is that this is his 20th loop and all bets are off now that he has the horn. It's like the "Butterfly Effect" to an extent. One simple change has ramifications on everything else. This film is "based" on the books. Not the books themselves. Which is a good thing IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

So if he has the horn ( keep it clean) does that mean Cuthbert could have survived Jericho hill?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    So if he has the horn ( keep it clean) does that mean Cuthbert could have survived Jericho hill?
    Not necessarily. It means only that he took the extra second or two required to pick it up. To me that means he is willing to see things close at hand instead of always looking far to the Tower.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    What would be amazing is if we get to the this crossroads in the movie, and instead of letting him fall Roland makes a dramatic, last minute lunge to keep Jake from falling. I'm getting chills just thinking about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I think they will drop the whole pregnancy thing. Mordred is a character that goes nowhere and most of the pregnancy stuff with Mia would translate horrible to film. I would not be shocked for them to get rid of all of SOS.
    Completely fine with Mordred being dropped, he adds nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Interesting question..

I mean theoretically yeah, Cuthbert could still be alive, but what kind of ripples would that send throughout the series? What would be the reason for him not being with Roland when the film starts?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Mordred and Roland with Jake in Maine, so I would love to see that on the screen.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

An excerpt from an EW article regarding Wizard and Glass.

If anything, they are doing a tremendous job of selling this universe lol.

...“In the movie, Roland is suffering tremendous loss. The most concrete, personal, existential heartbreak a character can have,” Goldsman says. “If the movie chronicles his final reach toward hope again, the TV show is the loss of that hope.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 254 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 ... LastLast