Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 254 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That's effin awesome.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Also, can someone tell me when the Dark Tower Entertainment Weekly actually hits shelves?! I tried to buy it last week, but it hadn't been put out yet. I keep seeing it online. I read July 15th in one place, but when I went to the Entertainment Weekly site, it said July 22nd.
    Help?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Also, can someone tell me when the Dark Tower Entertainment Weekly actually hits shelves?! I tried to buy it last week, but it hadn't been put out yet. I keep seeing it online. I read July 15th in one place, but when I went to the Entertainment Weekly site, it said July 22nd.
    Help?
    Jretain47 posted a picture of it in his thread today, so it's out. I have an e-copy of it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

At ebay.com there are copies available pretty cheap.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amanda, it SHOULD have come out on the 15th (last Friday), but my B&N never seems to put it out on time. I was planning on going this week. Let me know if you can't find one and I can send you one, if you want.

Also, I need that Charlie the Choo-Choo book.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I wonder if we'll get some samples of "Hey Jude".
    I bet that the rights to use some of it will be pretty expensive...

Which also leads me to wonder what the "theme" of the dark tower will be...
    "Hail to the King" by Avenged Sevenfold or "The Devil's Bleeding Crown" by Volbeat.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King and his copy of "Charlie The Choo-Choo"
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

STEPHEN KING FANS…AUTHOR BERYL EVANS, AUTHOR OF CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO WILL APPEAR AT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON ON FRIDAY JULY 22, 2016

Author Beryl Evans, author of Charlie The Choo-Choo will appear at San Diego Comic Con for the very first time. Stop by Simon & Schuster’s Booth #1128 on Friday July 22 at 12 pm PDT for limited edition giveaways.

For Stephen King fans, Charlie the Choo-Choo was a book purchased by Jake Chambers at The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind in The Dark Tower III: The Wastelands.

It tells the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo and Engineer Bob. In the book, Charlie is very friendly and dependable, yet Charlie’s smile is often described as being untrustworthy. Charlie bears many similarities to Blaine the Mono.

In Jake’s world, the author of the book was Beryl Evans. In Roland’s world, the author listed is Claudia y Inez Bachman. This name holds special significance. It has 19 letters, a special number in The Dark Tower Series. Also, Claudia y Inez Bachman is the wife of Stephen King’s pseudonym, Richard Bachman.

As we all know, Beryl Evans is a made up author - be interesting to see who turns up!

Anybody going? If they are giving way copies of the book SK is holding in the pictures that would be a very cool item indeed!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

This really neat. I wonder if there's anything in the book and if Ned Dameron had anything to do with it.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It was confirmed in another thread that Ned was involved.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting post on Lija's site regarding the Sombra scan app. It works with other images as well...

The app works also with the antenna from the Sombra Webpage. The Twitter images posted by King, Elba and McConaughey are also animated (Rolands Horn, Eld sigul, King Crimsons eye)

I know understand why picture posted by burial looks so weird!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Interesting post on Lija's site regarding the Sombra scan app. It works with other images as well...

The app works also with the antenna from the Sombra Webpage. The Twitter images posted by King, Elba and McConaughey are also animated (Rolands Horn, Eld sigul, King Crimsons eye)

I know understand why picture posted by burial looks so weird!
    yep... you can see all images here
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Loving the viral campaign!

To me, a viral campaign like this denotes a certain amount of confidence in their finished product. Let's see what other neat surprises await us at Comic Con...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

So is Sony not at Comic Con? I thought there'd be a teaser for sure there.

I still feel like this movie is a kickstarter campaign from the way they talk about it. They're not committed to any other sequels or tv stuff, they're like "meh we got this thing if it makes money we'll make some more of it"

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't like that with 50% of the movies? If it works, let's see what else can we do...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

i have finally decided to be excited about the movie. (mostly....i think)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome aboard

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Opinions will differ, to be sure, but I never thought of Roland sounding anything like a cowboy of the American Wild West nor a medieval English knight. In my mind, he came across as a pragmatically gruff man in timbre with the grammatical backing/syntax of a high-society education.

Basically, a fusion of both character archetypes' speech patterns ought to work best.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Glam Princess View Post
    i have finally decided to be excited about the movie. (mostly....i think)

Welcome aboard!!! I'm very optimistic as wll. I really like the idea of a "new" revolution and a sort of continuation. Seems to be the way to go, IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 254 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 ... LastLast