Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 254 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

“Once I bring the Tower down, and take a seat next to the Crimson King, I’ve got my own plans from there as well,” McConaughey says.

Interesting..

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/14...e-man-in-black

The movie opens in Algul Siento!

Seems like Jake may be the key to the first movie. I wonder if Jake and Roland meet in Mid-World or if Jake somehow draws him to NY?

But Jake’s power has also led him to make his own discovery – there is a monster chasing him, yes. But in the distance, another figure may be the thing that saves him: a knight who looks like a sort of cowboy.

As Roland chases Walter and Walter chases Jake – the boy is pursuing the Gunslinger.

It’s a circle that’s drawing closing in on itself.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cixelsyd View Post
    SK has been insistent that the movie starts the same as the book, along with the iconic opening line. So I'm guessing the movie starts in the desert and then goes from there.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Man, since filming officially began, I've been avoiding as much news as possible because I don't want to be over-spoiled on set photos, discussions over changes to the story, etc., but I don't think I can not buy that Entertainment Weekly.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What does everyone think about Jake having The Shine and him being sought by Walter?

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Whatever reservations I had prior to January are now full evaporated.
    Exactly.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    What does everyone think about Jake having The Shine and him being sought by Walter?
    I'm a fan of both. The Shine and The Touch being the same thing makes sense to me and I like tying The Stand in with the Dark Tower Universe. I think it also suggests they're thinking big and have a larger "Dark Tower Universe" in mind. Walter searching for Jake also makes sense and aligns well with the comics. I won't say why for those that haven't read it
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Jake had "the touch" in The Gunslinger. The Shine isn't a big stretch.

Jake was pushed into traffic by a man in black. He is then used as a pawn by the man in black against Roland. So his being sought by Walter also isn't a big stretch.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Whatever reservations I had prior to January are now full evaporated.
    Exactly.
    “I like to bring a little depth and bring a real character. And what’s been fun is, Nik’s really up for that. So we do takes that are a little bit more commercial, if you like, and we do takes that are f—ing deep, like we’re making an independent film. It’s an iconic character. I want to get it right.”

I'm feeling much better about it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Eddie and Susannah. I thought as much, and am completely fine with that decision.

While it is still too early in the game to get even a rough picture of the progression of events from start to finish, I am pleased that the filmmakers aren't trying to go overboard by introducing all the key players at once. Besides which, given how the story is unfolding in a different way, the new specific reasons(s) WHY Roland needs to draw the lovers out could be an intriguing one.

(Oy could still make a debut appearance, though. No word was given on him .)

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Eddie and Susannah. I thought as much, and am completely fine with that decision.

While it is still too early in the game to get even a rough picture of the progression of events from start to finish, I am pleased that the filmmakers aren't trying to go overboard by introducing all the key players at once. Besides which, given how the story is unfolding in a different way, the new specific reasons(s) WHY Roland needs to draw the lovers out could be an intriguing one.

(Oy could still make a debut appearance, though. No word was given on him .)

My gut feeling is that after the first movie there will be less changes from the source material. The first book/movie is where they will take the most liberties, and then once they have a captive audience the sequels can roll truer to form.

Its the starting point and the introduction to the whole DT universe that is so hard to integrate into movie form, and changes had to be made and I can accept that. If they mess with Eddie or Sussanah's characters too much (and I could care less about the color of their skin, I am talking personalities and backstory) then I think you will see a lot of the fans of the books walk out on the whole attempt and I wouldn't blame them.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This is the first I've heard of this:

In the film version of The Dark Tower, there’s an older Breaker who is somewhat inspired by Ted Brautigan, although it’s not the same character. Director and co-writer Nikolaj Arcel said he wanted someone who was older than Jake, someone who had been enslaved by the Man in Black for a long time. So there’ll be flashes back to this figure’s younger days – in the way-back era of the 1990s.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/15...ng-connections
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

“The desert was the apotheosis of all deserts, huge, standing to the sky for what looked like eternity in all directions. It was white and blinding and waterless and without feature save for the faint, cloudy haze of the mountains which sketched themselves on the horizon and the devil-grass which brought sweet dreams, nightmares, death. An occasional tombstone sign pointed the way, for once the drifted track that cut its way through the thick crust of alkali had been a highway. Coaches and buckas had followed it. The world had moved on since then. The world had emptied.”

Nailed it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that shot. Like everything I've seen so far.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I still ain't feelin' it. .....but time will tell...
    I'm feelin' it all right. I'm feeling this will be another ("Source material? Screw the source material!") Under the Dome.

Will I watch it? Yes, I'm sure I will.

Will there be shootings and magic and cool CGI shit? Yes, I'm sure there will be.

Whoop-de-doo.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am feeling this more and more. AND instead of being negative... The more positive vibes the film gets from us all... I believe the better it will do!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People here being either negative or positive will have nothing to do with how well this movie does or does not do. A good script and good acting and good buzz after it premiers will make the film do well. I am hopeful but I just don't see it. I'm much more excited about the "It" movie.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I'm feelin' it all right. I'm feeling this will be another ("Source material? Screw the source material!") Under the Dome.
    Yep. And I remember how King was praising that up and down as well.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    People here being either negative or positive will have nothing to do with how well this movie does or does not do. A good script and good acting and good buzz after it premiers will make the film do well. I am hopeful but I just don't see it. I'm much more excited about the "It" movie.
    Same here, I'm more excited about getting an "It" that is closer to source. I hope this does as well as "It" the miniseries was so that in 20-30 yrs they can have a go at it again and do the "real" Dark Tower.

But on the other side of this comment, I guess for now this Twilight Zone version of The Dark Tower will be cool to see. Just as long as I keep in the back of my mind how many times before Hollywood has slapped King's name on a f'd up version of one of his stories. I haven't seen Cell yet, but I've heard they did bad on that one. Here's hoping that the star power and writing on this one will produce a better movie.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I'm certain that the Dark Tower movie will be MUCH better than the dreadful UTD show. Almost everything is. King also praised the 11.22.63 miniseries and that one was pretty good. But I hear ya...he also praised the movie adaptation of A Good Marriage and it was flat and without any suspense and tension. Seems like King has his days of being too kind and eager to please, while thinking deep inside himself (hopefully): "Well, that one was a turd but do I dare say it?"

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think a lot of it has to do with him being involved with a number of recent projects. He had nothing to do with the Carrie remake for example and afaik he didn't say anything about it except "why would you want to?" when it was announced.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how much the technology of the Old Ones will feature in this first film?

They're hitting the supernatural aspect of the story with the Can Toi and Dutch Hill monster and such, but I think the advanced technology aspect needs to be an important part of the film as well. Wasn't there an assortment of tiny, derelict robots guarding a cave after Shardik? Something like that could work.

Also, I hope we get to see Slow Mutants!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 254 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast