Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 254 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have agree and disagree on the pistolas .. barrel size is too small was hoping for some seriously big guns! And the metal is all wrong it needs to be a darker shade, they look too new, too toyish... and not sure about is back pack (gonna) always saw it made out of cow hide , camel colour s little bigger too...
    But that's just me!

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Have agree and disagree on the pistolas .. barrel size is too small was hoping for some seriously big guns! And the metal is all wrong it needs to be a darker shade, they look too new, too toyish... and not sure about is back pack (gonna) always saw it made out of cow hide , camel colour s little bigger too...
    But that's just me!
    He could have picked up a new haversack in NYC or somewhere along the way in Mid-World (which was itself leaked in from another Earth).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those guns are sick. Love them... too big would have been tacky. They are PERFECT in my eyes.... I am starting to believe more and more in this film. The director has a passion for the books... that will make a huge difference. The pics are just awesome guys

ANyone else going to be there opening night??????????????????????????????????????????? I AM!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They dont need to be comically huge but almost every person in the book says they are the biggest guns they have seen and those don't seem to match that.

I took notice to the fingers too BUT it's possible that he won't lose them until later (we havent gotten to the drawing yet or it could happen later in the film).

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Those guns are too small. I don't like them.
    How much bigger do you think they should be?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The guns are perfect.

The defining feature of Roland's gunslinging powers has always been his speed, not the size of the guns. I want to see him wielding those things quicksilver quick, and it just won't be possible with larger guns.

I love the Symbol of the White on them too. They're just... beautiful.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The guns are perfect.

The defining feature of Roland's gunslinging powers has always been his speed, not the size of the guns. I want to see him wielding those things quicksilver quick, and it just won't be possible with larger guns.

I love the Symbol of the White on them too. They're just... beautiful.
    Most people in the books would perceive Roland to be "larger than life"... AND with guns being SO scare as they are (were not Rolands the last ones?) would they not look "huge" to someone that had never seen them before? The guns are perfect
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Should Elba-Roland perform the rice dance with perfect accuracy....

I sincerely hope not. For me, that was the most cringe-worthy part of the entire books' series.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, definitely not a fan of the dance either lol.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

These are guns obtained in New York not his Mid-World guns. When Roland goes through the doors his guns stay behind, right? I don't remember all the details.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    They dont need to be comically huge but almost every person in the book says they are the biggest guns they have seen and those don't seem to match that.

I took notice to the fingers too BUT it's possible that he won't lose them until later (we havent gotten to the drawing yet or it could happen later in the film).
    He may not lose them at all in this turn of the wheel; not a deal breaker for me personally. I was referring to it from a gun safety standpoint as far as the position of his fingers inside of the trigger guards.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Should Elba-Roland perform the rice dance with perfect accuracy....

I sincerely hope not. For me, that was the most cringe-worthy part of the entire books' series.
    To me, it was nice seeing Roland stepping outside of his specialty and expressing a part of his culture he rarely spoke about at length. It humanized him.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland dancing the commola = Elba doing the river dance..
    I'd love to see that shit!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is not the books story. This is an adaption with the horn. All bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    These are guns obtained in New York not his Mid-World guns. When Roland goes through the doors his guns stay behind, right? I don't remember all the details.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the guns looked a bit small at first, although they are nicely designed. The barrel length is nicely long though, much as I imagined Roland's shooters to be, so these are a fair interpretation in that light. There are longer barrels sure, but from a practical standpoint these are as long as they should be.

I imagined a larger chamber section* but if they're large enough to house the calibre shells of Roland's gun, fair enough.

When you compare the length to the majority of pistols in the present-day, they're well above average, right?

Am I right in assuming this version of Jake is pulled from the present day? Judging by cars and the fact Jake is seen using a mobile phone, but these pictures any have been taken during breaks in filming.

* The cylindrical bit the bullets go in. Gun buffs, pleas feel free to correct this ignorant Englishman's terminology.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I thought the guns looked a bit small at first, although they are nicely designed. The barrel length is nicely long though, much as I imagined Roland's shooters to be, so these are a fair interpretation in that light. There are longer barrels sure, but from a practical standpoint these are as long as they should be.

I imagined a larger chamber section* but if they're large enough to house the calibre shells of Roland's gun, fair enough.

When you compare the length to the majority of pistols in the present-day, they're well above average, right?

Am I right in assuming this version of Jake is pulled from the present day? Judging by cars and the fact Jake is seen using a mobile phone, but these pictures any have been taken during breaks in filming.

* The cylindrical bit the bullets go in. Gun buffs, pleas feel free to correct this ignorant Englishman's terminology.
    I'm not a gun buff, but you did fine. It's called a cylinder and it is composed of chambers.

The shots of the actors on break are just that, and not representative of the movie content.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More set photos y'all: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/...wer-set-photos

Here's one:

Country
    Country Flag

Certain storefront signs and Jake's clothes* appear to be a little older than what I would expect in 2016/2017. Are we certain this first film's NYC is set in our modern day?

* He does not appear to be wearing bell-bottoms or bell-bottom variants. Therefore, I assume this isn't the 1970s.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What I'm really hoping for is that they are shooting everything they can with Jake in NYC maybe even stuff for future films in case the actor has a growth spurt.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if the plan is still do to the whole movie-show-movie-show thing , but I'm sure if this one's a success, they'll greenlight the sequel right away. It's all about franchises nowadays.

Country
    Country Flag

A big interview with Idris here: http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/idris-elba/
    IDRIS ELBA: Hello, Jon. What a nice surprise.

JON FAVREAU: Well, I fancy myself the modern-day Andy Warhol, so Interview magazine... How are you doing down there?

ELBA: I'm good. We're making a very big movie, and I'm doing long hours, shooting guns and whatnot. I'm enjoying it.

FAVREAU: When I worked with Daniel Craig [Cowboys & Aliens, 2011], he said that dressing up and playing a cowboy is universal, not just an American fantasy. Is it something that was appealing to you?

ELBA: [laughs] Yeah, I mean, I used to watch Bonanza. Do you even know what that is?

FAVREAU: Yeah. I guess it took a while for our programs to get to you, because that was before my time.

ELBA: [laughs] Bonanza, man. I've always wanted to try the whole cowboy feel and look, so when I took this role, I was wondering, "Are we going to bring that to life in this character? Is he a real cowboy?" And the answer was no. We had to reinvent that a little bit because the world—it's quite a fantastical world and we aren't making a Western. But there's definitely some characteristics from those great cowboy movies, the Sergio Leone movies and all. I was definitely drawn to it. I've got two smoking guns that just look incredible, and I love to pull them out whenever I can. [laughs]

FAVREAU: I remember the books, and what was cool about it was Stephen King really deconstructed the mythology. So you got all the cool gunfighter stuff, but it felt fresh and new and sci-fi, post-apocalyptic—a little bit ahead of its time actually.

ELBA: It's exciting because it doesn't feel like it comes from any other source. It's not an existing group, like the Marvel films. It feels very original. The guns and fights are really essential to the story, but our director, Nikolaj [Arcel], isn't overcooking it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    ELBA: It's exciting because it doesn't feel like it comes from any other source. It's not an existing group, like the Marvel films. It feels very original. The guns and fights are really essential to the story, but our director, Nikolaj [Arcel], isn't overcooking it.
    This is a crucial trend which The Dark Tower has going for it: ennui with the superhero genre.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    He may not lose them at all in this turn of the wheel; not a deal breaker for me personally. I was referring to it from a gun safety standpoint as far as the position of his fingers inside of the trigger guards.
    Haha! That one flew right over my head.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 254 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 ... LastLast