Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 254 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would have liked to see more of a 'denim' look but pretty good.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I can most CERTAINLY envision McConaughey's Man In Black crouching down to a tuckered out Roland with a light smile on his face and head cocked to the side as he muses "What a paragon of virtue you are, gunslinger."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, "Alright, alright, alright, Roland!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking at it again part of me wonders if costume designer confused Walter for another man in black...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Damn. I think he would have made a better Jake.
    That's what I thought.
    Tom Taylor's haircut made me laugh:

Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't mess with me: Matthew carried a very stern look on set, capturing the essence of his character
    Um.... yes, sternness is the essence of Walter/Flagg's character, although I'm sure he has stern moments.

I don't say this to criticize the actor (these are just single shots and it's not as if Walt goes around grinning like a maniac all the time) but I do wonder if the person writing the article, or the blurb beneath the pictures (if they're not the same person) has read these books, or The Stand for that matter.

Oh, and I love Roland's new hat! Bring the hip-hop to Mid-World!*

*I'm just kidding here.

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't read the books. Whenever an article calls him 'Padick' part of me wonders if they just used Wikipedia as its not a name that Walter even uses anymore.

My Collection

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I want that Dark Tower hat.

NOW.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will there be a snapshot of Elba's shooting irons? I am curious as to whether the filmmakers will go with standard Colt Single-Action Armies (featuring engravings, naturally) or have entirely custom crafted revolvers for the gunslinger.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They have to be custom made, or borrow dirty Harry's gun!!! Also not sure about the walk Mathew has got going on?!?! What's with the limp thing??

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm loving' it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The outfit looks more Mad Max than Gunslinger

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno. Love the duster. And check out the big gun on his hip.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I see your point, but I'm worried about the pants.
    If those are zip-off legs to make shorts...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He looks bad-ass. I'd prefer to see him in worn out jeans with creases and rips but this will do.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jacket; yes. Shirt; yes. Waist coat ; no trousers; no...
    He's meant to be of Noble origin and I don't think this would be Roland's style he would have been brought up with.... looks good, but not great!
    Can't wait to see the guns properly...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose in the re-imagining of the story, it's more expedient (even for a Gunslinger) to have quick release buckles on his vest, and even "Cort Forbid" on his gunbelt. Leather laces would be cumbersome.
    Hopefully he doesn't have "Reebocks with the strap" velcro strap tennis shoes/boots. That's a deal breaker for me.

Country
    Country Flag

The nice nods to Phil Hale's art in Idris Elba's getup are appreciated by me . Can't wait to see Roland getting into gunfights while wearing his Sunday...and Monday...and Tuesday(...and...)best!

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

Mad Max: Gilead Road? I am absolutely on board with that look. Yeah, it's not quite what Sai King described, but it looks great.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland appears to have all his fingers. I wonder if he'll battle with the lobstrosities in this version.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it... hope he has a hat though...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I like it... hope he has a hat though...
    Yes, he must have a hat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 254 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast