Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 254 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Ok, we all know that Roland love's a smoke from his poke now and again but do you think the film will portray this? Should it?
    If it's relevant to the scene, of course.
    If Gandalf can smoke then so can Roland.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always liked the idea of seeing Roland roll/smoke his own cigarettes to further drive the point home of his own self reliance.

He doesn't need to chain smoke necessarily.. as long as he smokes a couple of cigs throughout the series as a nod to his novel counterpart I'd be fine with it.

I won't cry if we don't see him puffing away though.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if the first film will be a big enough hit to warrant at least one sequel, or if we'll get to Calla Bryn Sturgis, but it would be great to see Elba pull off the Rice Dance.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alex McGregor has been cast as Susan Delgado.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTF!!! So, do we have the race issue reversed??? Also she is well fit, and never pictured Odetta to have that kind of appeal, she was more the girl next door!!!! But still interesting that she has been cast after filming started! Also was Arron Paul offered the part of Eddie?

Traveler Oy Toy is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    WTF!!! So, do we have the race issue reversed??? Also she is well fit, and never pictured Odetta to have that kind of appeal, she was more the girl next door!!!! But still interesting that she has been cast after filming started! Also was Arron Paul offered the part of Eddie?
    Remember its Susan Delgado not Susannah Dean.

Who would everyone's ideal young teenage Roland be for the Susan Delgado storyline? Any good young actors that could pull it off?

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's weird they need to cast Susan already. I guess in flashbacks. She's a tad too old. They were supposed to be like 14. Other than that she looks alright.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! I jumped the gun there.... Susan the teenage sweet heart... she'll do!

Country
    Country Flag

An actor to play Roland as a young man, I'd say Doc Shaw...

Traveler Oy Toy is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Tired

With the casting of Jake you would expect that the events of The Gunslinger will be included in the first movie. I really hope they don't water down the whole Mejis/Wizard and Glass storyline though and use it as pure flashbacks.

W & G was probably up there as the best book of the series. The whole book felt like it would make a perfect movie in it's own right. The Big Coffin Hunters, Rhea of the Coos, the love affair with Susan. If you add in the battle at Eyebolt Canyon it would be absolutely epic. If they tacked on the Battle of Jericho Hill it would be even better.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm thinking/hoping that they are going to use Susan in flashbacks only for the first movie as "the lovely girl at the window" and that they'll save the full story for later.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

The theory that the events of Wizard and Glass will be saved for a televised series is a persistent one.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

With good reason, too. It's what makes most sense.

You can't stop in the middle of the narrative and take a 2 hour detour to the events of W&G, it's too jarring and will kill the momentum of the story.

The only way I can see it working in movie format is if they mimic The Godfather II, where they jumped back and forth between Vito's origin story and Michael's lone wolf mission. That might work. Maybe.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Max Thieroit would have made an excellent young Roland. The only problem is, the young Roland will also have to be black. A totally non-issue for me at this point but the actor would have to be to stick with the movie storyline I'd think. Regrettably, I honestly don't know of many, if any, young black actors for the part. Maybe the kid from Star Wars or an unknown would be best. Thieroit would still be great cast as a member of Roland's young Ka-tet though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The only problem is, the young Roland will also have to be black.
    Not necessarily.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I'll bite
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Ok, I'll bite
    Well, the depiction of young Roland depends on two things.

1. This continuation being a kind of "cosmic reboot" where Roland was previously the Honkey-Mafah Roland we read about throughout the The Dark Tower series of novels and new Idris Elba's Roland being basically the same man but in a new skin. The other alternative that comes to mind is that while this is still a restarting of events (perhaps in a different order), Roland was always in possession of a darker melanin content...he was always Elba-Roland, in other words.

2. When the depiction of Roland and his original ka-tet takes place. Is it the one we read about (in which case young Roland would look Caucasian/white), events from the last time around where Elba-Roland was always THE Roland Deschain, or events from this new iteration of the multiverse that has been created?

Country
    Country Flag

I guess they could go that route where he tells the story in this current turn of the wheel (the movies). But I think they'll lose the non-reading audience of the series if they go that route and change his race back to white. Let's face it. Folks don't go to the movies to think or to try and comprehend. That's left to us readers. Your average Joe Blow movie goer just wants to be entertained. That tactic I feel would simply confuse them.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Young flashback Roland could also not be seeking a dark tower, but a pit of light. Yeah, that works.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King on Facebook, solidifying that the movies will be an extension/sequel to the original story: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSte...57029981103253

"The paradox of ka: A wheel that always returns to the same place, but always explores new territory as it rolls."

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not at all what I was hoping for but still looking forward to the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    King on Facebook, solidifying that the movies will be an extension/sequel to the original story: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSte...57029981103253

"The paradox of ka: A wheel that always returns to the same place, but always explores new territory as it rolls."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

I think this is a great way to go. I hope it works out for them... and either way the experience is going to be worth it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

The more I hear and read about it, the less I desire to see it. Time will tell.......

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do find irony in that so many fans are bent out of shape about changes to a story where the key concept is "there are other worlds than these."

We can accept parallel universes, multiple versions of America and earth, and that he has the horn in the books. But we change his skin color, and maybe over-emphasize a couple minor characters (Tirana, Pimli etc) and everyone loses their minds.

The universe Roland lives in is malleable. That's a basic tenant of the original books. If it's bad when it comes out, then we can all scream bloody murder, but to say here and now they are straying too far from the books is reaching.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not bent out of anything. I just foresee disappointment. I never ever go to a theater to see a movie (too many assholes) so if it gets good feedback from members here I will happily purchase the DVD when that time comes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 254 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast