Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 254 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good illustration and that is very close to how I saw him...

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I'd like him to have a Yorkshire accent...
    A thick Yorkshire brogue could be Low Speech.
    If that's the case, then RP would be High Speech.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good to me! I hope they do have the different ways of speech, keep things interesting.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good to me! I hope they do have the different ways of speech, keep things interesting.
    If there are ample malapropisms ("astin" to go with that "keeflecks") from Roland as he converses with humans from our Earth or interacts with products from Earth, i'll be happy .

Country
    Country Flag

Couldn't agree more...

Traveler patzgcrux is on a distinguished road

Any word who they are considering for Eddie, Jake and Susannah? What are your thoughts if they cast a Caucasian actress to play Detta/Odetta?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not crazy about Idris's casting but making a POC character white is not the same as vice versa.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Jake has been cast and Aaron Paul is rumored to play Eddie, still don't know about Susannah And if Roland can change then any thing is possible...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patzgcrux View Post
    Any word who they are considering for Eddie, Jake and Susannah? What are your thoughts if they cast a Caucasian actress to play Detta/Odetta?
    Jake has already been cast.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jake has been cast and Aaron Paul is rumored to play Eddie, still don't know about Susannah And if Roland can change then any thing is possible...
    Not going to happen. Changing a black civil rights activist into a white person is asking for a shitstorm.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm not sure Eddie and Odetta are going to be in the first movie.

Country
    Country Flag

But if a white man can become black 'this time's then why not the other way around??? She could become a white supremacist!!! Now that would fuck everything up...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Changing a black civil rights activist into a white person is asking for a shitstorm.
    Normally I'd agree, but the general awareness of these characters is so small that only a portion of the King readership will care (this is not like Hermione in the Harry Potter play; Potter is fully pop-cultured and public awareness is near 100%).

But if Al Sharpton has actually read TDT, God help us...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'm not sure Eddie and Odetta are going to be in the first movie.
    Doesn't look likely..

Country
    Country Flag

But if a white man can become black 'this time's then why not the other way around??? She could become a white supremacist!!! Now that would fuck everything up...
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic here but white people are in the overwhelming majority of media over racial minorities so it's not the same thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but the general awareness of these characters is so small that only a portion of the King readership will care (this is not like Hermione in the Harry Potter play; Potter is fully pop-cultured and public awareness is near 100%).

But if Al Sharpton has actually read TDT, God help us...
    No one cares about the Ancient One and look what happened with Tilda Swinton.

My Collection

First off, being objective I do think it's fair to select a white actress to play Odetta/Detta since they did that to the lead.
    This will still keep the racial tension banter. Being PC to please a wider audience may actually diminish the story. One thing that went right with the Deadpool movie is they did right by the core fa base.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No one cares about the Ancient One and look what happened with Tilda Swinton.
    I didn't know what the Ancient One is and I had no idea what happened with Tilda Swinton, which perhaps is my point (I'm one of the masses, and word of the controversy never made it to me). Of course, if there was an uproar, the fact that I was oblivious to it would be of little comfort to the film makers.

Having just looked it up, I would say comic properties tend to have large and vocal following with decades invested in the story. Maybe (but I see this as a huge 'maybe') it would be the same with TDT, but I don't see if. But I admit, I'm just guessing. If the victimhood/grievance industry were to get hold of such information, then yes, we may well be off to the races; that is definitely how today's world works - certain groups perpetually seek fuel for the offense fire.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

The producers were upfront about why they made the changes so that they didn't close the Chinese market.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by patzgcrux View Post
    First off, being objective I do think it's fair to select a white actress to play Odetta/Detta since they did that to the lead.
    This will still keep the racial tension banter. Being PC to please a wider audience may actually diminish the story. One thing that went right with the Deadpool movie is they did right by the core fa base.
    Well as I've said before... I'm not crazy about the casting of Roland. I think it's going to distract from the character and overall story. But it's not a 50/50 situation with black and white actors. That's not me being PC.

(Funny you mention Deadpool given how they made a white character black in that film too.)

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

but making a POC character white is not the same as vice versa.
    So refreshing to see someone else that gets this.

(On more than one occasion, i've seen fans of varying intensity angrily argue that a white man would never be cast to play Martin Luther King Jr....as if it were somehow an equal comparison. Yeah, really.)

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like him to have a Yorkshire accent...
    Heh. Nah, got to be West Country. UK West country (i.e. Cornish or Devonshire) not US West country.

Joking aside I wouldn't mind if Elba spoke with his own accent more or less rather than put something on.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know why but I always saw oy as a badger like dog cross....
    I always imagine a raccoon or a red panda when I think of him.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... tbh I never really gave his accent much thought. The only thing I know for sure is that Roland must have a deep voice.

Luckily Elba's voice is inline with what I imagine Roland sounding like.

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, we all know that Roland love's a smoke from his poke now and again but do you think the film will portray this? Should it?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, we all know that Roland love's a smoke from his poke now and again but do you think the film will portray this? Should it?
    If it's relevant to the scene, of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 254 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast