Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a radiator hose to me?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. I thought the same thing when I first saw it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    LOL. I thought the same thing when I first saw it.
    So did I at first glance! lol
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    This is how they will justify all the changes between the movie(s) and the books. It's the last iteration.
    That makes sense but it's a pretty big cop out for doing whatever they want.
    It was all a dream!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So it's not really an adaptation at all. Clever. Silence the critics screaming for an exact representation and gives the long time fans a "new" chapter in The Dark Tower Series. Also, if they really shake things up, it might not even spoil the books for someone who hasn't read them. I suppose we'll never get a true adaptation of the books.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    This is how they will justify all the changes between the movie(s) and the books. It's the last iteration.
    That makes sense but it's a pretty big cop out for doing whatever they want.
    It was all a dream!
    Movies are rarely if ever an exact adaption of the books. Especially SK stories. At least this way you can almost look at it as giving closure to the books. I'm sure all of us wondered what happened after the last page of book 7. Now maybe we'll get to find out.

One thing I'm almost positive of is that the ending will be different.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it all makes sense now! It is the next time around and maybe it's the whole twim thing??? Maybe, just maybe Cuthbert could make an appearance!?!? So the end of the book doesn't have to be the same as the film.... now I'm really fucking interested!!!!��

Traveler Evilabby is on a distinguished road Evilabby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I think it all makes sense now! It is the next time around and maybe it's the whole twim thing??? Maybe, just maybe Cuthbert could make an appearance!?!? So the end of the book doesn't have to be the same as the film.... now I'm really fucking interested!!!!��
    I am super interested and terribly nervous!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems we have a consensus!

Even though many of us long suspected this is the route TPTB would take, I'm relieved to see it confirmed by King himself.

Now they really can do anything they want without fear or reprimand.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Seems we have a consensus!

Even though many of us long suspected this is the route TPTB would take, I'm relieved to see it confirmed by King himself.

Now they really can do anything they want without fear or reprimand.
    Yes, the presence of the horn makes a world
    (worlds)
    of difference.

Anything can happen.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Naw... those aren't hose clamps standard to any era I am familiar with (if they ARE hose clamps)... the nipple is not standard either. It is clear that the mass is metal as it is "pitted" (I get the impression of a modern exhaust system on a car... tailpipe.) There is a nipple attached at the end one expects to blow into. The pitting implies a metal... the bands...or what may appear to be a "radiator clamp" at various junctures, tells that it is not for clamping. They are made to move. The "radiator clamps" have no grooves for the constrictor screw to bite into... thus one can conclude that they are "bands" rather than "modern "clamps."

The "nipple"...however ... appears to be rubber or an equivalent.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    the nipple is not standard either.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL

In the posts above we have "nipple" and "clamps."
    ...and hose!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL

In the posts above we have "nipple" and "clamps."
    ...and hose!
    Mr. Grey will see you now....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, nipple clamps and hose give you a horn!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if the appearance of the horn somehow could explain Rolands change in skin color some way...... I REALLY like this thought process and direction they are taking!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    "No one is more protective of his work cinematic-ally than Stephen King"

Sorry, I had to stop listening after the guy said that. He seriously couldn't be farther from the truth with that statement. Has he seen some of the crap turned out from Hollywood based on his books?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hahaha. He didn't get around to reading the book...

OK, since it was so short, I went back and re-watched it. Then I heard the guy talking about how "The Dome" was twice the size of The Stand.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower film, soon to be known as the Maximum Overdrive of Stephen King adaptations.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Naw... those aren't hose clamps standard to any era I am familiar with (if they ARE hose clamps)... the nipple is not standard either. It is clear that the mass is metal as it is "pitted" (I get the impression of a modern exhaust system on a car... tailpipe.) There is a nipple attached at the end one expects to blow into. The pitting implies a metal... the bands...or what may appear to be a "radiator clamp" at various junctures, tells that it is not for clamping. They are made to move. The "radiator clamps" have no grooves for the constrictor screw to bite into... thus one can conclude that they are "bands" rather than "modern "clamps."

The "nipple"...however ... appears to be rubber or an equivalent.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

At the end of the day the movie needs to make money to ensure future installments. I hope the movie is great, and I will watch it, but I was truly hoping for something else. The good news is I still have the books to read and enjoy regardless of this movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    At the end of the day the movie needs to make money to ensure future installments. I hope the movie is great, and I will watch it, but I was truly hoping for something else. The good news is I still have the books to read and enjoy regardless of this movie.
    Well said.... I think this will give King a chance to "redoo" what he wanted to in another medium... I think this could be GREAT, but yes... it could fail as well.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 254 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast