Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 254 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think he looks great!

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why are some people elated that Elba isn't wearing a typical cowboy hat...or any hat at all, really?

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    I never read LOTR and I saw The Shining and IT and The Stand before I read them. Frankly, the LOTR movies are a bit too much for me. The Shining movie is great, and the book is great as well. I love both versions of the Stand.

I guess there are different ways to look at it. I really wanted something faithful to the book, scene for scene kinda thing. If the movie is a good movie, then it will stand on its own. I hope that they focus more on making it a good movie in general. I guess we'll see.
    Despite not emulating the narrative as closely as you would like, do you still believe this adaptation can, at the least, embody the spirit of The Dark Tower?
    Maybe, but I'm less concerned with the "spirit of the Dark Tower" and more concerned with the whole series being played out intact as I read it on the big screen. But that might just be me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why are some people elated that Elba isn't wearing a typical cowboy hat...or any hat at all, really?
    These are just behind the scene shots so he might have a hat on in the film but does the book ever really detail him wearing a hat often? I didn't think that it did.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    These are just behind the scene shots so he might have a hat on in the film but does the book ever really detail him wearing a hat often? I didn't think that it did.
    The books do not, but i've seen more than one piece of (official?) artwork depicting him with the era-iconic head wear.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    He looks , but it ain't"my" Roland.... and im sure mobile phones weren't around after the old people left...
    I was thinking the same about the phone, lol but think he pulls off the look pretty well. Just goes to show how much our phones are a part of our lives. Second nature to always have it in hand. It's probably Jake's anyhow .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He isnt described as wearing a hat but when he recalls his youth, in mejis, he describes all the local folken with hats!!
    Also is there not a point in song of Susannah where he leaves it at a little petrol station/town store, or was that my imagination???

Country
    Country Flag

If memory serves he mentions losing his hat long ago in the Gunslinger and doesn't get a new one until the Wolves of the Calla. I never understood why the artist drawings all seem to have him with a hat. It's not accurate to the book but I guess it looks cool.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If memory serves he mentions losing his hat long ago in the Gunslinger and doesn't get a new one until the Wolves of the Calla. I never understood why the artist drawings all seem to have him with a hat. It's not accurate to the book but I guess it looks cool.
    Yes... trust me it does. This is probably my most prized possession and the best depiction of Roland I can think of out there!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If memory serves he mentions losing his hat long ago in the Gunslinger and doesn't get a new one until the Wolves of the Calla...
    Correct.

It's a passage in The Gunslinger where he also mentions missing the Horn of Eld.

"He was sorry to miss them both."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    He looks , but it ain't"my" Roland.... and im sure mobile phones weren't around after the old people left...
    With all due respect, are you fucking kidding me? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yo merlin, of course... I do understand how a movie set works !!!! But I stand by my convictions.....
    Love and peace to all!

Country
    Country Flag

The people harping on the phone exemplify the extreme end of inanity when it comes to complaining about live-action adaptations.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Stephen King on 'The Dark Tower' movie: An EW podcast http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/17...vie-ew-podcast
    I hope someone makes a text version of this. Between the commentator explaining stuff we know and poor quality of the audio I can't get through it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Stephen King on 'The Dark Tower' movie: An EW podcast http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/17...vie-ew-podcast
    I hope someone makes a text version of this. Between the commentator explaining stuff we know and poor quality of the audio I can't get through it.
    I thought it was an excellent piece -- sure, most of us know most of this stuff already, but it's nice to see something in a popular venue that's done by someone who knows his stuff.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought he was going to mention that Elba having blue eyes as Roland wouldn't exactly be a problem.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The people harping on the phone exemplify the extreme end of inanity when it comes to complaining about live-action adaptations.
    Well now that we've found the end, you've nothing else to worry about.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Well now that we've found the end, you've nothing else to worry about.
    Nah. What happens here is, by far, much tamer than other message boards polluted by some pretty vile-mouthed folks itching to tear apart this adaptation before the first teaser/trailer is released.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

‏@StephenKing The Dark Tower is close, now. The Crimson King awaits. Soon Roland will raise the Horn of Eld. And blow.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

‏@StephenKing The Dark Tower is close, now. The Crimson King awaits. Soon Roland will raise the Horn of Eld. And blow.

Bev... did King post that picture?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This theory has been brought up before but this sort of confirms it. This is how they will justify all the changes between the movie(s) and the books. It's the last iteration.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I think this is great news!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

As anal as I am about spoilers, I am incredibly disappointed that King would post that picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 254 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast