Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 254 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could they really drop Odetta??? This is gonna be FUBAR!!!
    Now I'm depressed and have to go to work! Crap.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well Detta at least. Or toned down from her book persona.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd rather the filmmakers not squeeze every element/every (key) character in one film. If we have to wait for the second film to meet Eddie and Odetta, i'm cool with that.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here^

If the reports are true, and the film makers are indeed focusing on Jake and Roland's relationship for this first go, I'm totally fine with that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting..

Maybe a flashback with Roland slaying his way through the sisters?

Damn that looks great.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/horror...s-arra-a141391

The Tracking Board reports that Claudia Kim (Dr. Helen Cho in Avengers: Age Of Ultron) has landed a role in the big-screen adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower.

According to them she'll play a character named Arra Champignon, who actually appeared in two of the Marvel tie-in comics: "Treachery", and "The Sorcerer". Arra came to a very nasty end along with her husband, but it's possible her relatively minor role will be expanded for the film of course.

Here's how this take on the character is described:

"known to be 'kind' and who 'wishes everyone well.' She possesses psychic abilities and seems to come from another world – perhaps another time all together."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Interesting..

Damn that looks great.
    That WIP really gave off a "Stephen King" vibe .

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The comics aren't King.

I suppose at this point it doesn't matter.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just awoke from a dream that I was on the set of the filming of The Dark Tower. In this dream I saw a caucasian gentleman getting his costume prepared. He already had his hat on so I couldn't see his face. Anyway, he looked like Roland to me. Then I saw Elba walking around looking similarly dressed. It clicked in my mind what they were going to do and I looked at Elba and said, "I know now what's happening." Elba smiles and puts a single index finger over his lips (ssshhh).

What I saw was the film starting in New York to establish the young boy getting pushed in front of the car and the woman getting the brick dropped onto her. We don't see The Pusher. We may see the vacant lot with the rose. Then we move on to The Gunslinger time where we see a shootout. Elba is there and an unknown caucasian. We assume Elba is Roland but it's never established. The two are the last ones left and Elba is shot dead. Roland moves on. We see it's Matthew McConaughey. Shortly thereafter he meets Jake.

Of course this is only a dream and I can't believe Elba would sign on for such a minor part but remember how shocking it was in Psycho when Janet Leigh's character was killed off so early.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Weren't there little sisters at the Dixie Pig?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Interesting..

Damn that looks great.
    Unless I missed something I don't think that's from DT.

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Spoiler:
    Weren't there little sisters at the Dixie Pig?
    I don't think so (unless you count vampires in general).
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    There were those bug things that Oy attacked. Aren't the Little Ssiters made out of those bugs? If the bugs are there, so are the Little Sisters.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol @ her covering the logo.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting they are filming there. The country of my birth.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Lol @ her covering the logo.
    She's covering her character's name.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops

Country
    Country Flag

Looking good even in candid shots? Talk about photogenic.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    The 'all right, all right' guy fled across the desert and the black gunslinger followed.

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The comics aren't King.

I suppose at this point it doesn't matter.
    yup, cuz it could possibly suck donkey boner
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I am getting more entertainment value in the comments section of the aint it cool posts than I will from this adaptation!

re-posted from aint it cool comments:

"This adaptation seems to have forgotten the face of its father."
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Such boundless juvenile negativity...

Why?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Katheryn Winnick also posted this video on her instagram. Doesn't look like you can actually see much, but she mentions she's on the way back from day 2 on the set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFHcLuXGKPi/
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Such boundless juvenile negativity...

Why?
    because this film, most probably, is going to be a boat anchor or a dog's breakfast

believe me, I hope it is not, but Im not holding my breath.

as for your juvenile comment, I was most probably reading the dark tower before YOU were a juvenile,
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 254 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast