Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 254 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Sombra Group 2016: Technology for a Bold Tomorrow

On the web: http://www.sombragroup.com/
    Answer the riddle, and see the image.
    Underneath is this:
    ガンスリンガー

That is Japanese for Gunslinger.

This is Japanese for Spider:
    クモ

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Did someone say "Riddles??!!??"
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Site has been updated again...

"Thank You for playing.
    Gunslingers, it is time for our Palaver."
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a thought today. It would make sense to introduce Jake now, and have the character go through a modified version of what happens to him in Gunslinger. Then move on to movie 2 with Susannah and Eddie, and loop back to him in movie 3 as an older version of Jake (because the actor is going to age), or even a new actor at the same age as a Jake from another Level of the Tower (other worlds than these). That would make more sense to get all the Gunslinger and Wastelands Jake out of the way before getting to Eddie and Susannah.

Spoiler:
    What if in this turn of the wheel, Roland remembers Jake and what happens with him, and knows that TMB and CK are going after him before Roland finds him to use as a breaker? Roland knows this, he's got the horn after all, and we've seen that he CAN remember snippits from one cycle to another. What if this time he remembers a bit of Jake? So he's searching for a door to get to NY to get to Jake before TMB can get him as a breaker? Kinda like that. Then that would explain bringing in Pimili and the other low people and the Tirana chick, etc, so early. Roland saves him from TMB but still sacrifices him in order to get more info from TMB. Movie ends with Jake dying, Roland moving on to drawing Eddie and Susannah and maybe Jake again in movie 2?

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

It has updated again.
    Anyone else keeping up with this site?
    It was an interesting weekend. The site added a dozen new links and changed from Sombra to Blaine on the homepage.
    I answered riddles and got email from Blaine.
    I wonder if its an "official" site, or a fan site?
    Any thoughts?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool Beans!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    It has updated again.
    Anyone else keeping up with this site?
    It was an interesting weekend. The site added a dozen new links and changed from Sombra to Blaine on the homepage.
    I answered riddles and got email from Blaine.
    I wonder if its an "official" site, or a fan site?
    Any thoughts?
    It's gotta be a fan site. I can't picture it being run by a corporate marketing group; it's too fun

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that's a pretty damn good concept actually.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man... The hottie from Vikings (amazing show and she is amazing in it) katheryn-winnick just signed on for the DT movie. Stellar actress and cannot wait to see who she plays!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure I'm feeling the logo yet but it's most likely not final:

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To me, it looks like the font style a metal/heavy metal band might use for their name.

That aside? I am happy to see that some practical effects will be utilized. A pure CGI-fest wouldn't sit quite right with me.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by david01 View Post
    the bith im not funny,this seler is best product
    ?? Come again?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Not sure I'm feeling the logo yet but it's most likely not final:

Would be a cool prop to own. Especially if you were able to get your name on it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Jake didn't have humorous companions.

Also, the sombragroup.com website keeps changing. Right now it's staticy with fake connection error messages.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post

Also, the sombragroup.com website keeps changing. Right now it's staticy with fake connection error messages.
    Do you think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A little more insight FWIW........

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/75063
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post

But the link to Northcentralpositronics.org works!!

as does Andydoesmayberry.com if you want some adult content.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'The Dark Tower' Begins Production, Stephen King Says It Starts "In The Middle Of The Story," Will Have Modern Day Setting

>>> http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...tting-20160301
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Along the Path of the Beam brethren will become famous soon enough

Gotta admit, I'm not too sure about this "starting in the middle" scenario. And The Wastelands seems to be the worst place to start. A lot of the book is about Jake's death paradox, and that won't make much sense to anyone who hasn't read the 1st and 2nd books.

There's also all this talk about having much of the movie take place in the "our world." No offense to good old earth, but isn't Roland's world far more interesting, especially for a movie?

And then having such a high profile actor like MM in the role of the MiB - who really doesn't even show up that much in the books - especially book 2 and 3. That seems odd, but I'm guessing they will increase his role - they pretty much have to unless they're going for a Mark Hamill/TFA type appearance at the end.

I don't know why they're avoiding starting at the beginning, with book 1, continuing on to book 2. They're could be some potentially great scenes with Tull, The Oracle, the final palaver, the beach scenes, Eddie's shootout, Detta, etc. And you could probably get most of books 1 and 2 into one movie. Starting in the middle seems like they're missing out on too much that made the series great.

Oh hi btw, first post.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, brethren!

sk

I think not starting this adaptation with book 1 is a big mistake.
    The more I read about this production, the less I like it.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if King is regretting turning down Darabont yet...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

SOMEONE BE PROUD OF ME! I STARTED THE GUNSLINGER LAST WEEK AND JUST FINISHED THE WASTELANDS!!!! NOW, I HOPE THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING!!! BUT I WONT READ FURTHER INTO THIS THREAD SO AS TO NOT RUIN MY JOURNEY!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm proud of you. Read slowly and savor every word.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 254 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast