Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 254 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well he said adaptations that make "wholesale changes". These examples (Shawshank, Green Mile, No Country, and Fight Club) are all adaptations that are mostly faithful to the original author's intent. This seems less "Let's adapt King's series" and more "Let's use King's series as a jumping off point for something else".
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Well he said adaptations that make "wholesale changes". These examples (Shawshank, Green Mile, No Country, and Fight Club) are all adaptations that are mostly faithful to the original author's intent. This seems less "Let's adapt King's series" and more "Let's use King's series as a jumping off point for something else".
    The Running Man would be a good example of that.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And Under the Dome.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems like they're taking the Dark Tower name, rewriting all of it to fit in one long movie, and trying to make a $$ off it. If that's the case, I'm not interested.

For years fans of Ender's Game wanted an Ender's Game movie. I wasn't sold, as so much of that book is written subtleties and not action. Yet they pressed on and eventually got a movie made. Not exactly wholesale changes, but it did not translate to a movie screen well. The movie had lots of action, but none of the written subtleties. And it sucked, and flopped. Similarly, the Dark Tower series has a lot of action and violence. But so much of it is in the written word. Yes you can make a Dark Tower movie that has lots of action and shooting and weird characters. But that's not the Dark Tower series or story, and it won't work.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I think that Terry is fairly old, but don't quote me.
    See how you are?? LOl
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Seems like they're taking the Dark Tower name, rewriting all of it to fit in one long movie, and trying to make a $$ off it. If that's the case, I'm not interested.

For years fans of Ender's Game wanted an Ender's Game movie. I wasn't sold, as so much of that book is written subtleties and not action. Yet they pressed on and eventually got a movie made. Not exactly wholesale changes, but it did not translate to a movie screen well. The movie had lots of action, but none of the written subtleties. And it sucked, and flopped. Similarly, the Dark Tower series has a lot of action and violence. But so much of it is in the written word. Yes you can make a Dark Tower movie that has lots of action and shooting and weird characters. But that's not the Dark Tower series or story, and it won't work.
    Well said regarding TDT & King. To me that is the main reason a lot of his material does not translate well to the film medium. "The Shining" is a classic example, but it permeates his works in general. Those "In the head conversations" are crucial yet, very difficult to translate on film. Generally speaking that is.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone here cool with the idea of all the books being condensed into a single film? The idea lacks appeal to myself (particularly because i've seen a similar attempt crash and burn before).

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

No

I could see it condensed to a trilogy. It's too epic for a single film.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea how many it will be but it is for sure a multi film deal and won't be condensed into one. I am starting to come around a bit to the Jake changes. I don't care about the changes to his parents and if you consider that abducted children play into the tale but are only really explored in Black House this might be a clever way to bring that aspect of the tale into the movies. Since Jake definitely seems to have a touch of "the sight" it would make sense that he might be targeted by the Crimson King. And by starting with him it might make his early death (if they keep that) a lot more meaningful.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IMO we would need 6-7 movies to do the series justice. Maybe five if they deem it necessary to chop out most of the backstory from W&G and WotC (as much as I love Callahan's backstory I imagine it'd be the easiest to remove). Any less and we're approaching King's metaphor of the car with all the upholstery torn out.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...74793145159680

It's official: The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed. #DarkTowerMovie @McConaughey @IdrisElba
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29...ew-mcconaughey

Fairly in-depth article here. Of note is that they're not starting with 'The Gunslinger' apparently.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

"Arcel declined to specify which books his movie focus on, but he did offer this clue: “A lot of it takes place in our day, in the modern world.” "

I am not reassured.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So they're starting with Drawing.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I can't help but feel Idris was cast because of all the stupid PC bull crap going on in this day and age. He's an Okay actor, not fantastic, and it really turns me off from seeing the movie.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's what Steve told me in my interview in The Dark Tower Companion: "I can tell you that the character of Jake Chambers is very important and Akiva Goldsman did a brilliant job of integrating the fantasy world of Mid-World with the real world of New York City, and the two things interchange in a way"

There have been some script revision/rewriting since then, but it seems like maybe the original concept is still in play.

Filming in South Africa in 7 weeks. Drat. I guess a set visit is out of the question!

Country
    Country Flag

I hope they scrapped the TV portion and just do five or six movies.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nightmare. I'll bet it flops and we will NOT See multiple films.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Nightmare. I'll bet it flops and we will NOT See multiple films.
    Agree. I have yet to see anything that gives me hope that this will be anything besides an abject failure.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As I stated before, Elba would not have been my first (or second or third choice), but he is what we got and there's nothing left to do for me but stand behind the decision. He's a great actor so I'm hoping he wins me over in this role.

MM will knock it out of the park I'm sure.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Colored contacts for Elba?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29...ew-mcconaughey

Fairly in-depth article here. Of note is that they're not starting with 'The Gunslinger' apparently.
    Hmm...that makes sense if they want the wider audience to come back for the second movie. Roland really is not a nice person in The Gunslinger: he murders an entire town, gun rapes a woman and drops a boy into a chasm and then the book ends with no real resolution.

In any case, I'm there.

Country
    Country Flag

I figured that but it's still essential to Roland's arc IMO. Which is why for me the ideal solution would have been a Netflix series with the first two books. Because someone binge watching would at least be willing to finish the season if it's available in its entirety and they might be won over once DotT starts.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 254 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast