Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 254 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    No way it will be Rated R, as much as we all want it to.

PG-13. Need to maximize profits.
    I disagree. "R" is the new "PG-13".
    Not from a financial standpoint, which is what the studios ultimately care about.

Kids under 18 interested in buying a ticket wouldn't be able to without a guardian, directly cutting into the number of ticket sales.

There's no way the studio will exacerbate the risk of producing this relatively unknown series by eliminating a substantial portion of its intended audience.
    It will be 1,000,000 percent rated PG-13 for all those reasons.

Especially with the TV crossover.
    Not trying to be argumentative, but continuing the debate, I respectfully disagree. First, isn't the "TV crossover" contemplated to still be a "Cable Channel"? Also, from what I see at theaters, the "under 18" rules do not seem to be stringently enforced by the officials or the parents these days. Not that I condone this action just a view of the reality of things presently is all. IMHO Just food for thought. Maybe they tone down the "nakedness", but the violence? IFDTS
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not trying to be argumentative, but continuing the debate, I respectfully disagree. First, isn't the "TV crossover" contemplated to still be a "Cable Channel"?
    There isn't anything concrete yet, but if a TV companion piece does come to fruition it will almost assuredly be presented on a network like HBO or AMC.

The thing is that the R presents an additional roadblock where one normally would not be. The advantage that TV has is that networks aren't liable for say, a child under 15 flipping the channel to HBO and watching Roland splatter someone's brains out on the saloon floor.

A theater has clearly defined parameters for who is able or not able to see a product and are liable if some little punk sneaks into the theater and idk, faints from all gore

Also, from what I see at theaters, the "under 18" rules do not seem to be stringently enforced by the officials or the parents these days. Not that I condone this action just a view of the reality of things presently is all. IMHO Just food for thought. Maybe they tone down the "nakedness", but the violence? IFDTS
    The times that I've taken my 16 (soon to be 17) year old brother to an R rated film they have always asked me for I.D to confirm I'm able to act as his guardian.

I'm sure it's different from place to place though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not trying to be argumentative, but continuing the debate, I respectfully disagree. First, isn't the "TV crossover" contemplated to still be a "Cable Channel"?
    There isn't anything concrete yet, but if a TV companion piece does come to fruition it will almost assuredly be presented on a network like HBO or AMC.

The thing is that the R presents an additional roadblock where one normally would not be. The advantage that TV has is that networks aren't liable for say, a child under 15 flipping the channel to HBO and watching Roland splatter someone's brains out on the saloon floor.

A theater has clearly defined parameters for who is able or not able to see a product and are liable if some little punk sneaks into the theater and idk, faints from all gore

Also, from what I see at theaters, the "under 18" rules do not seem to be stringently enforced by the officials or the parents these days. Not that I condone this action just a view of the reality of things presently is all. IMHO Just food for thought. Maybe they tone down the "nakedness", but the violence? IFDTS
    The times that I've taken my 16 (soon to be 17) year old brother to an R rated film they have always asked me for I.D to confirm I'm able to act as his guardian.

Very true. HBO can get away with virtually anything.

As for theaters, it's just that I have witnessed parents taking under age children to many "over age" features. Maybe it's a bit subjective on my part. We'll see, I suppose, how it plays out.

For example: My nephew intends to take his kids, 6,8 and 10 to see, "Deadpool" when it comes out. I won't be a party to this as it doesn't appear to me to be appropriate. To him it's a "day with the boys". You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yikes, 6/8/10? That's way too young. Irresponsible.

Is he aware of what's in store?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yikes, 6/8/10? That's way too young. Irresponsible.

Is he aware of what's in store?

yeah, I kinda have this thing, Uncle Bill is always the guy that takes the kids to the "New & Cool" flicks. I pay for everything, try to make an "event" of it and so on. I told him I didn't think it was appropriate, but he's their, Dad. I respectfully declined to be involved. BTW, I made a mistake, they are 7/9/12 yrs old. Still not right, IMHO. However, so it goes these days I guess.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some kids can handle R-rated films. In particular, I watched a few when I was younger, including Demolition Man, and I turned out fine.

Just be wary of those with problems differentiating between reality and fiction.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    I watched a few when I was younger, including Demolition Man
    No one should be subjected to that movie at any age.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    I watched a few when I was younger, including Demolition Man
    No one should be subjected to that movie at any age.
    Actually, there's fairly decent satire beneath the jokes.

Perhaps because of the jokes ?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

yall are craycray.

Not taking young kids to Deadpool, who is the most popular character in the Marvel Universe of the younger generation, is akin to telling kids they can't have Christmas. I take my hat off to the cool parent who will let their kids see it (albeit with some fatherly discussion afterwards perhaps)

Dark tower films will be PG-13 so the beancounters can count beans. It is all about the money after all. The suits dont give a rats ass about true to the book or corrupting young kids minds. They want to count millions.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm not buying anything until I see official casting news on Twitter lol.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It doesn't sound like he knows anymore than we do.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After Javier Bardem and Russell Crowe I'm not taking anything for granted until we see him on set wearing a cowboy outfit.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Akiva had this to say about his casting to fans of the series

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dark-...ba-105537.html

But if this is the actual casting what does this do to Susannah Dean's Character?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Akiva had this to say about his casting to fans of the series

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dark-...ba-105537.html

But if this is the actual casting what does this do to Susannah Dean's Character?
    The conflicts and issues Detta Walker brings to the story are "simply not vital."

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The character in question is also a homicidal sociopath, so it’s not like she can’t invent completely new reasons to hate people. She hates everybody, it’s kind of the point.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

As for theaters, it's just that I have witnessed parents taking under age children to many "over age" features. Maybe it's a bit subjective on my part. We'll see, I suppose, how it plays out.

For example: My nephew intends to take his kids, 6,8 and 10 to see, "Deadpool" when it comes out. I won't be a party to this as it doesn't appear to me to be appropriate. To him it's a "day with the boys". You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

On the other hand, children growing up on a farm see most everything by age 7 an understand it around 9... both sex and violence. The Great Dane at the farm tries to hump the sheep and kills the chickens. Children grew up on farms for centuries.

Take them to Deep Throat, Bill. No don't, that movie sucks!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

On the other hand, children growing up on a farm see most everything by age 7 an understand it around 9... both sex and violence. The Great Dane at the farm tries to hump the sheep and kills the chickens. Children grew up on farms for centuries.

Take them to Deep Throat, Bill. No don't, that movie sucks!
    Actually, Jon you make a good point. It is the "context" though that can be the issue. IMHO

Update: I convinced my nephew to humor, Uncle Bill and we will be the only one's attending. For now anyway.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure that Detta wouldn't be stumped by a Roland that possesses a different melanin count.

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe but changing a character who is fueled by hatred for white people to "she hates everyone because she's crazy" just cheapens her arc.

My Collection

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There's still Eddie.

Country
    Country Flag

There is but how is she going to act around Roland? Is she going to side with him now?

My Collection

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe Roland will be exempt because he's not of their world.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    There is but how is she going to act around Roland? Is she going to side with him now?
    I think we'll just have to wait and see. I was just saying her personality might not have to be different after all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 254 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast