Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
No Eddie and Susannah. I thought as much, and am completely fine with that decision.

While it is still too early in the game to get even a rough picture of the progression of events from start to finish, I am pleased that the filmmakers aren't trying to go overboard by introducing all the key players at once. Besides which, given how the story is unfolding in a different way, the new specific reasons(s) WHY Roland needs to draw the lovers out could be an intriguing one.

(Oy could still make a debut appearance, though. No word was given on him .)

My gut feeling is that after the first movie there will be less changes from the source material. The first book/movie is where they will take the most liberties, and then once they have a captive audience the sequels can roll truer to form.

Its the starting point and the introduction to the whole DT universe that is so hard to integrate into movie form, and changes had to be made and I can accept that.
What you say sounds perfectly plausible, and I cannot say I wouldn't mind seeing some of the more adrenaline-soaked moments from The Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands reproduced almost "frame for frame" on the silver screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
If they mess with Eddie or Sussanah's characters too much (and I could care less about the color of their skin, I am talking personalities and backstory) then I think you will see a lot of the fans of the books walk out on the whole attempt and I wouldn't blame them.
Such as making Eddie Dean a posh upper-New York playboy ?

--- --- ---

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
Love that shot. Like everything I've seen so far.
I am reminded of the cinematography in The Book of Eli. This is a boon.