Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 254 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    This thread continues to remain an even-tempered bastion of rational discussion.

Out in the wilderness of the Internet, i'm seeing the most bizarre and off-kilter complaints, such as Elba not having the correct hair to play Roland.
    We actually love King's work, and want to see his magnum opus brought to the big screen in all it's glory. Most of us want to see an accurate adaptation. However film (can I still call it that?) isn't literature. Therein lies most of the fodder for discussion/argument. Mostly we work out those disagreements in a civil manner, mostly.

Certain storefront signs and Jake's clothes* appear to be a little older than what I would expect in 2016/2017. Are we certain this first film's NYC is set in our modern day?

* He does not appear to be wearing bell-bottoms or bell-bottom variants. Therefore, I assume this isn't the 1970s.
    I haven't heard anything about the timeline. I like that the characters are from different times, and I hope they keep a time spread even if they change the dates.

Bell-bottoms were a hangover of the '60s. They were mostly gone by the late '70s. I experienced the '70s wearing boot cut 501s and one embarrassing pair of Angel Flights.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    ELBA: It's exciting because it doesn't feel like it comes from any other source. It's not an existing group, like the Marvel films. It feels very original. The guns and fights are really essential to the story, but our director, Nikolaj [Arcel], isn't overcooking it.
    This is a crucial trend which The Dark Tower has going for it: ennui with the superhero genre.
    I was over it ten years ago.

Bonus points for the word of the day: ennui.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Flaccid works for me when wanting to use ennui...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Isn't "flaccid" pretty much the definition of when something isn't working for you?
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not very good at identifying model years, but the cars in the shots are certainly not from the '70s.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still believing this is from later in the series. They're just shooting all the NY stuff at once.

Edit: I don't know if the plan is still to do features AND a TV series but I would leave all the flashbacks for the series and do the linear story in 3 or 4 films, shooting them all at once.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    We actually love King's work, and want to see his magnum opus brought to the big screen in all it's glory. Most of us want to see an accurate adaptation. However film (can I still call it that?) isn't literature. Therein lies most of the fodder for discussion/argument. Mostly we work out those disagreements in a civil manner, mostly.
    I suppose the difference is discipline, then. After all, love and hate are rather incestuous siblings.

(Yeah. I have seen my share of otherwise normal fans abruptly erupt into a hideous geyser of contention once something didn't line up perfectly with their mind's eye.)

I haven't heard anything about the timeline. I like that the characters are from different times, and I hope they keep a time spread even if they change the dates.

Bell-bottoms were a hangover of the '60s. They were mostly gone by the late '70s. I experienced the '70s wearing boot cut 501s and one embarrassing pair of Angel Flights.
    Aw shucks. A man can dream, can't he ?

I was over it ten years ago.

Bonus points for the word of the day: ennui.
    Myself, the present batch of franchises coupled with their production methods are starting to put me off.

An outside-context IP such as Cadillacs and Dinosaurs/Xenozoic Tales would perk me right up if I caught wind of it being adapted into a film.

I'm not very good at identifying model years, but the cars in the shots are certainly not from the '70s.
    For that matter, the bulk of the vehicles do not hail from the 1980s. Damn...another hope is dashed .

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Jake and Roland go to NY in 1999. Jake is by himself in 1977.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Gracias .

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably why Jake is wearing Nike tennis shoes that are circa 1995-1999.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Thanks, my mind was stuck in the '70s.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah: Idris can definitely pull off the frightful visage of a pissed off Roland when he needs to.

Based on what i've seen in other pictures, Jackie Earl Haley is shaping up to be some sort of demonic entity in human form.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

http://wegotthiscovered.com/wp-conte...wer-set-02.jpg

Yeah: Idris can definitely pull off the frightful visage of a pissed off Roland when he needs to.

Based on what i've seen in other pictures, Jackie Earl Haley is shaping up to be some sort of demonic entity in human form.
    He's Richard Sayre.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

He's Richard Sayre.
    Thanksee sai for the dumpling of information .

--- --- ---

The man's eyes look intense. Light doing a dance on his corneas, or...contacts?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder what he's carrying in his hand?? Also noticed his ammo belt has full barrel clips instead of single rounds... easier to load I suppose..

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's nice to see pictures of the set etc, but I feel like it's kind of ruining the surprise of discovering the movie in theather.
    I am the only one that starts feeling that way?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I wonder what he's carrying in his hand?? Also noticed his ammo belt has full barrel clips instead of single rounds... easier to load I suppose..
    I was (and still am) of the mind that he is toting extra-large speedloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    It's nice to see pictures of the set etc, but I feel like it's kind of ruining the surprise of discovering the movie in theather.
    Mm hm. I take consolation in the fact that proper color grading, CGI integration, inclusion of a soundtrack, and actual voices will make a difference.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Not at all. The finished product will be the feast.. this is just the appetizers
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He's Richard Sayre.

--- --- ---

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...wer-set-21.jpg

I must say you have an immense passion for the books... do you collect at all?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a 2011 Takuro Spirit.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

He's Richard Sayre.

--- --- ---

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...wer-set-21.jpg

I must say you have an immense passion for the books... do you collect at all?
    Who, me? No, not particularly. I have all eight novels and the Complete Concordance companion piece. That's it. My passion has been rekindled lately because of the second wind i've discovered as I soldiered on through the bushier undergrowth of later titles...and eventually coming to discover that so many little things weave into a much larger tapestry.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget to use IMG tags to add pictures, or use the add picture icon, so that it's not just a link.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Don't forget to use IMG tags to add pictures, or use the add picture icon, so that it's not just a link.
    Those would be my half-arsed attempts to go easy on the spoilers .

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    That's a 2011 Takuro Spirit.
    We'll likely see a Buick Roadmaster and a Plymouth Fury too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 254 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast